The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 189
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Colon_Polyp What's the ground clearance of the '15 WRX? Specifically, will the front end clear those cement ...

Quote Originally Posted by Colon_Polyp View Post
    What's the ground clearance of the '15 WRX? Specifically, will the front end clear those cement parking lot barriers? If not, I'll have to learn quick not park so close to those things like I can with my truck! I definitely don't want to mess up the front end the first week my WRX arrives
    Double
    '15 WRX - Limited - Convenient Vehicle Tourer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wizzardeel View Post
    Back up into the spots using the backup camera and you wont

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    This x1000000

If you don't back up into spots then you don't deserve to drive a nice car!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    When I first got the car I measured close to the front and back tire on the sideskirt and I believe it was 8". As far as curbs and stuff, every one I have pulled up to close hasn't rubbed coming out yet.
    Thanks for letting me know! I definitely don't plan on lowering it, but wanted to know how low they sat compared to your average sports sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzardeel View Post
    Back up into the spots using the backup camera and you wont
    You will be crooked if you rely on the camera. It sucks that they didn't place it in a central position (but better than not having it).

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    You will be crooked if you rely on the camera. It sucks that they didn't place it in a central position (but better than not having it).
    Yes I did notice that, but I usually use my mirrors and backup camera for proximity.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Are you sure it's not calibrated to show centered even though it's not mounted in the center? That seems odd and potentially dangerous if it's making people believe something other than what they think they're seeing. I know I can calibrate the one in my G37. I plan on getting a new WRX next year...would be nice to know if that's the case.

Does the camera allow for different viewing modes, like wide angle, narrow view, etc?

I'd doubt that Subaru even if the camera is not in the centered in the rear of the car, would create such issues for drivers backing up..

Does the camera allow for different viewing modes, like wide angle, narrow view, etc?

I'd doubt that Subaru even if the camera is not in the centered in the rear of the car, would create such issues for drivers backing up..

Double post FTMFL!

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    This x1000000

If you don't back up into spots then you don't deserve to drive a nice car!

Though I may not deserve this car, I've been driving the same truck for over 16 yrs and it's time for a change. The '15 WRX has everything I wanted in a car and I just want the best advice for driving these great looking AWD sport cars.

It's be pretty stupid to just rely in the backup camera anyway. You should still look around for proximity and use you mirrors. Backup cameras are more or less for proximity and not a means of reliance. That comes from you being aware of your surroundings

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    It's be pretty stupid to just rely in the backup camera anyway. You should still look around for proximity and use you mirrors. Backup cameras are more or less for proximity and not a means of reliance. That comes from you being aware of your surroundings
    ^ This. I keep using the camera to take aim at my cat, but so far I haven't been able to get him. I'll just have to wait for an opportunity when he's in front of the car so that I can try to predict his movements better.

Anyone order their WRX Limited recently? How long did they tell you? and how long before you got it if you have already?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash408 View Post
    Anyone order their WRX Limited recently? How long did they tell you? and how long before you got it if you have already?
    Ordered May 24th.. Don't have it yet lol

What was the timeline they told you?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.