The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 18
Page 18 of 133 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ah these two 2015 threads need to be merged already!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah these two 2015 threads need to be merged already!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    ^agree

Is anybody else concerned that since Subaru has added an automatic to the lineup that it will eventually look to eliminate a manual transmission? As some one who only wants to drive a manual, Im kind of concerned. I also really hope the hatch comes back at some point, because I don't want a sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthelboy View Post
    Is anybody else concerned that since Subaru has added an automatic to the lineup that it will eventually look to eliminate a manual transmission? As some one who only wants to drive a manual, Im kind of concerned. I also really hope the hatch comes back at some point, because I don't want a sedan.
    That's not anything I'd be worried about...
    2014 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Berthelboy View Post
    No. This isn't the first time the wrx featured an AT. I don't care for an AT.. But IMO, its not bad. I know a guy who is paralyzed waist down and has to drive with hand controls. Now he can drive a wrx. I've also got no concern about Subaru axing the MT..that would be like a hot dog truck only selling salads.

I can't seem to find it anywhere... Any word on mpg?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

The CVT is rated at 30 MPG Highway. Haven't heard any ratings on the manual yet. I expect it will be rated at 27 highway..

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post

I saw somewhere that it's supposed to get 28mpg hwy for the manual, and it weighs ~50lbs more then the current gen.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post

I saw somewhere that it's supposed to get 28mpg hwy for the manual, and it weighs ~50lbs more then the current gen.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

I found these numbers on a press release blurb:
    CVT = 19 mpg city/25 mpg highway
    Manual = 21 mpg city/28 mpg highway

Apparently the CVT isn't as efficient as one would hope. However, I could still live with those numbers. I'm averaging 20MPG in my G37 and only about 21.5MPG in my '08 WRX.

Here's a few more up close pics from different angles if anyone is interested:

2013 LA Auto Show Subaru WRX Picture #1 of 12

Thanks Subaru...for not putting chrome on the trunk trim above the license plate

I'm still on the fence if I like it. I really am trying to like it but it just looks like the new corolla with a hoodscoop.

Yeah it really does just look incredibly bland. Doesn't look bad at all, just bland.

Not like the 08 WRXs, which I thought just looked bad...these just fall into the mold of everything else.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah it really does just look incredibly bland. Doesn't look bad at all, just bland.

Not like the 08 WRXs, which I thought just looked bad...these just fall into the mold of everything else.
    ...and yet I miss my '08...so you never know! It really does seem to be the pattern with Subarus...everyone thinks they're ugly at first, but then they gotta have 'em.

I don't remember who but someone was asking where the turbo was located in 2015. So It is located directly under the engine, right off the exhaust manifold.