The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 177
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox Congrats dude!! Did they give you a time frame on delivery? They said "8-12 weeks" but ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Congrats dude!! Did they give you a time frame on delivery?
    They said "8-12 weeks" but could be sooner. Someone ordered a GBP WRX Premium (I think it was a premium) and that took a tad over 6 weeks. Not bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    They said "8-12 weeks" but could be sooner. Someone ordered a GBP WRX Premium (I think it was a premium) and that took a tad over 6 weeks. Not bad.
    You say that now, let's have an update after 4 weeks and still no VIN. That's when it really started to hurt me.

Ordered my gbp base wrx on 4/8/14 it came in on 5/22/14 and the original eta was June. Seems like it all depends on what you order for when it comes in. Some sooner than others. I never got my Vin. They just called and said it was in. I called soa just to get a status update 2 weeks beforehand and they still said eta of June so I don't know. I wouldn't worry, it will be here soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    You say that now, let's have an update after 4 weeks and still no VIN. That's when it really started to hurt me.
    Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Late August/Early September is what I hope for.. :crossfingers:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB8888 View Post
    Ordered my gbp base wrx on 4/8/14 it came in on 5/22/14 and the original eta was June. Seems like it all depends on what you order for when it comes in. Some sooner than others. I never got my Vin. They just called and said it was in. I called soa just to get a status update 2 weeks beforehand and they still said eta of June so I don't know. I wouldn't worry, it will be here soon enough
    Most likely the dealer you ordered it through received a GBP Base WRX and they allocated it to you then once your order arrived they would sell that from their lot. That's maybe how it worked out.

It seems like Base WRX's are coming in quicker.

A buddy works at the dealership as a mechanic I ordered mine through and he ordered a GBP WRX Base roughly 6 weeks ago and it came in a few days ago. So it was only 6 weeks for him but it was a base. Limited's prob will take a while.

I Support ClubWRX
    My order is a base as well, but it's taking the full 8 weeks. Even though I prepared myself for the full 8-10 weeks when I made the order, this past week has been rough. I think you're right about the allocation though, when I ordered my car, my dealership was already expecting 3 within the next week. So I must have narrowly missed out on getting one of those as my order.

Yea, I think the base models come in faster it seems like. Plus I didn't want any options so it didn't spent much time at the port either. Also I think they cut back production of wrx's so they can put more forestors on dealer lots because they are selling well. So I think that delivery times have been a little longer than when I ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Don't listen to these pessimists! (jk) They told me 6-8 roughly, came off the boat in 6 weeks. The dealer kind of explained how the actual ordering and delivery process works a little more. (allocation). Apparently there is a Regional and District head that oversees all of the cars that get distributed in an area (many of which are randomly batch ordered and assembled), then he and his team get to pick and choose according to location, time, and need of these cars. In essence, your car could get bumped up if they have one that meets your model specs and color and the dealer is able to see it and nab it early. Or you could end up waiting the full 8-12 weeks. Part of it is luck, and part of it is how well your particular dealer pays attention and how "important" they are to regional. I got a little lucky as the dealer was able to get one for me early that happened to be on the shipment, that wasn't actually bound for me.

That's pretty lame that they have such limited availabilty on these cars in the states up north. When I passed by my local dealer down here in South FL, they had over 7 cars in the lot including 2 STis, one being LE.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    My order is a base as well, but it's taking the full 8 weeks. Even though I prepared myself for the full 8-10 weeks when I made the order, this past week has been rough. I think you're right about the allocation though, when I ordered my car, my dealership was already expecting 3 within the next week. So I must have narrowly missed out on getting one of those as my order.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    Don't listen to these pessimists! (jk) They told me 6-8 roughly, came off the boat in 6 weeks. The dealer kind of explained how the actual ordering and delivery process works a little more. (allocation). Apparently there is a Regional and District head that oversees all of the cars that get distributed in an area (many of which are randomly batch ordered and assembled), then he and his team get to pick and choose according to location, time, and need of these cars. In essence, your car could get bumped up if they have one that meets your model specs and color and the dealer is able to see it and nab it early. Or you could end up waiting the full 8-12 weeks. Part of it is luck, and part of it is how well your particular dealer pays attention and how "important" they are to regional. I got a little lucky as the dealer was able to get one for me early that happened to be on the shipment, that wasn't actually bound for me.
    My philosophy is expect the worst (8-12 weeks) and if it comes in early then that's a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post
    That's pretty lame that they have such limited availabilty on these cars in the states up north. When I passed by my local dealer down here in South FL, they had over 7 cars in the lot including 2 STis, one being LE.
    I see a few WRX's and STi's at dealerships around me but they aren't what I want. First of all I don't want an STi. Some dealerships have 4+ Launch Edition STi's by me which is crazy. I do like the LE but I'm not paying MSRP. But that's another topic.

As for WRX's the dealership I went to yesterday had 4 WRX's that I saw. One base WRB. One Silver Premium. One White (unsure if premium or base). One GBP Base (just came in from a preorder)

Most WRX's up here at dealerships either are pre-orders or are sold VERY quickly. I keep looking at the dealerships online inventory (sure its not updated that often) and I see WRXs in transit but few days later they arent on there.

My buddy works at the dealership that I ordered mine through and he's going to keep looking in their system and keep me updated if it shows anything.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

^^Yes, I imagined that's what happened, they didn't have the car how you wanted it. I'd wait too, it'll be way worth it.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah Jeff it's crazy what stealerships around here want for an STi. The local dealership to me had a LE STi, asking price was $42k!!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Yeah Jeff it's crazy what stealerships around here want for an STi. The local dealership to me had a LE STi, asking price was $42k!!
    Same here. Nobody around ATL that I could find is willing to come off of MSRP. Which is why I'll be heading to NJ soon.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Same here. Nobody around ATL that I could find is willing to come off of MSRP. Which is why I'll be heading to NJ soon.
    Oh that's not a good sign for me lol. Was that Troncalli or Kennesaw? Or even worse both?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Oh that's not a good sign for me lol. Was that Troncalli or Kennesaw? Or even worse both?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    Both. That literally told me, if I could find a better deal to get it.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Not only that but Troncalli tried to tell me that they could even get the one I wanted that I would have to pick from what they could get.
    -The J

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.