The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 171

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 As he double posts... Stupid forum. The gold wheels look great on that blue...I honestly feel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    As he double posts... Stupid forum.

The gold wheels look great on that blue...I honestly feel like those particular ones look a little too small though. I dunno...something about them looks off in that size.
    I left it there for the irony!

One of the reasons I bought these wheels was the opportunity to decide if I want 17's or 18's without spending a hefty chunk of change. I immediately decided that anything contrasting should be on 18's [/wheelsizechoice]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the look of these wheels. Car needs a slight drop but overall I like it!

Wheels are: Enkei TSP6 Gunmetal 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35mm 235/40R-18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 Mercedes
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Not a huge fan of those wheels. They look ok on some applications, but not particularly on this one.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Wheels are: Enkei TSP6 Gunmetal 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35mm 235/40R-18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 Mercedes
    Not bad looking, but I think it makes the 2015 look a little older, if that makes any sense. A quick glance at this picture and I would guess it was a stocker from 2009 or something. Looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Not bad looking, but I think it makes the 2015 look a little older, if that makes any sense. A quick glance at this picture and I would guess it was a stocker from 2009 or something. Looks good though.

Hi guys, I'm a new member and have been reading this thread since roughly page 90 or so. I was just looking for advice about the 2015 WRX as I have chosen this vehicle to be the second one I've ever owned. You see, I have been driving a '91 Toyota pickup (pre-Tacoma name) since I was of legal age to drive. I'm in the 3rd decade of life and I've decided that it's time for a change. The 'ol Yota has been very good to me (268,000 miles and counting) but I've endured without A/C, power windows/locks, cruise control, and most importantly speed, for many years. (also it has been doing me no favors in the female department, i.e. still single) When it came to looking for a newer vehicle, I wanted something that was either AWD or 4x4, that was quick, and had fairly good gas mileage. The '15 WRX fit the bill in what I was looking for in a new vehicle, and I've been following it since the infamous concept model last November at the NY auto show. I've since placed an order for a WRB 6-speed limited back in early April (OKC, OK) and currently in the waiting process. Will I be happy with this choice? Would the WRX be too much for me to handle, coming from a slow yet loyal pickup? Does a turbo car require a lot of maintenance and are they reliable? I'm not the type to just want something fast to drive like a maniac as I'm a safe driver and always have been. I also take great care in the things I own as I want them to last. Any advice or suggestions are most welcome, and I thank all who've shown off their new rides!

Quote Originally Posted by Colon_Polyp View Post
    Hi guys, I'm a new member and have been reading this thread since roughly page 90 or so. I was just looking for advice about the 2015 WRX as I have chosen this vehicle to be the second one I've ever owned. You see, I have been driving a '91 Toyota pickup (pre-Tacoma name) since I was of legal age to drive. I'm in the 3rd decade of life and I've decided that it's time for a change. The 'ol Yota has been very good to me (268,000 miles and counting) but I've endured without A/C, power windows/locks, cruise control, and most importantly speed, for many years. (also it has been doing me no favors in the female department, i.e. still single) When it came to looking for a newer vehicle, I wanted something that was either AWD or 4x4, that was quick, and had fairly good gas mileage. The '15 WRX fit the bill in what I was looking for in a new vehicle, and I've been following it since the infamous concept model last November at the NY auto show. I've since placed an order for a WRB 6-speed limited back in early April (OKC, OK) and currently in the waiting process. Will I be happy with this choice? Would the WRX be too much for me to handle, coming from a slow yet loyal pickup? Does a turbo car require a lot of maintenance and are they reliable? I'm not the type to just want something fast to drive like a maniac as I'm a safe driver and always have been. I also take great care in the things I own as I want them to last. Any advice or suggestions are most welcome, and I thank all who've shown off their new rides!
    Too much to handle? Not at all! It's all about how you drive it, and it drives very well. As far as maintenance, it really depends on the manufacturer and the particular engine. Turbos will always take more care and maintenance than a non-turbo such as spark plugs, oil changes, and trans fluid changes... but imho the efficiency and performance boost is definitely worth the extra cost. There are members here who have driven REX's far longer than me who can comment to a greater detailed degree than me, really though, if you baby it, it'll treat you right.
    Last edited by ByrdBones; 05-19-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Well...it's a Subaru...can't say it will help you with girls either...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know about that. I've been doing the subie thing for 12 years now, and wound up living with 3 women.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I don't know about that. I've been doing the subie thing for 12 years now, and wound up living with 3 women.
    You live with 3 women at the same time!? That's too much man, I'd go crazy...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Is this "Grandma's Boy?"

Clarify for the group here, because I'm pretty sure it was ONE woman that produced two more!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Is this "Grandma's Boy?"

Clarify for the group here, because I'm pretty sure it was ONE woman that produced two more!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I don't have to clarify crap.
    I live in an estrogen-charged environment, and that's all there is to it. Whew. The drama.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I cleaned my car one night then it rained before I could get some daytime pictures. I might have to wait a couple of weeks before I can get a shot of a clean car in sunlight :|

I am still not sold on the gold rims - sometime they look really good and at other times odd. The photos are consistent with all other GBS pictures, they don't quite do the setup the same justice as when you see it in person. And I know I need black lock-nuts

Those gold wheels look GREAT. If you dress up those tires a bit, it would make a significant difference.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140516_180649_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	150721
    Loving the red