The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 168
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I see, but that's probably just regular greenish tint every glass has.. I wonder if one could order it ...

Ok, I see, but that's probably just regular greenish tint every glass has.. I wonder if one could order it from Subaru with a darker tint like on their SUBs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gliderboy08 View Post
    Wrx has all window with slight green tint except the windshield.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    I don't see any sort of tint on my 2015 premium WRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nynextel88 View Post
    I don't see any sort of tint on my 2015 premium WRX.

my* WRX but I still want to get it darker

Quote Originally Posted by gliderboy08 View Post
    my* WRX but I still want to get it darker

Do you have a pic? I'm just curious how it came

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    What I do know is that my STi is slightly tinted from the factory. It's hardly noticeable, but it's there.
    I thought it was pretty noticeable on your STI dude. Not anything dark like aftermarket, but it certainly seemed like even a 50-60% tint. It looks good with it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post
    Ok, I see, but that's probably just regular greenish tint every glass has.. I wonder if one could order it from Subaru with a darker tint like on their SUBs.
    Yup it might just be it. Tint time this weekend. It hit 100F here in LA

I picked up a DGM WRX today. I've been looking for a while, and it came off the truck yesterday and I had it by 11 AM this morning.

It's a base, and I'm loving it so far. I traded in a 2011 WRX Hatch, and though I will miss the hatch, everything else about this car is an improvement. The break in period is going to kill me!

Dup! WTF?

Curious, has anyone used the launch control feature on their WRX? I have the CVT so it's a little different obviously, not having a clutch. I checked the drivers manual and didn't see anything for how to activate it. Is it really just brake down, gas down? Guess I can't do real burn outs?

Break and gas down is really the only way to launch an auto. It's called brake torque (at least where I work)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Yea, I read the cvt comes programmed with a launch control. It activates by at full stop. Brake down nd gas down, it holds the rpms at a certain limit and when u release brakes, bam u go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    Curious, has anyone used the launch control feature on their WRX? I have the CVT so it's a little different obviously, not having a clutch. I checked the drivers manual and didn't see anything for how to activate it. Is it really just brake down, gas down? Guess I can't do real burn outs?
    You want to do burn outs in an AWD car? The wheels grip pretty well at the stock power level, so some other part of the drive train will have to take the strain and I'm not sure that you really want to be replacing non-consumable parts. Wait until it snows, then turn of TC and have some fun!

I just picked up my 2015 ISM WRX last weekend and am loving the car. I did notice that my car had a "notchy" feeling when depressing the clutch pedal. It occurs at about 2/3's of the way down and feels like a small "click". It's more noticeable when engaging the clutch during a full stop. Do any of you experience this as well? The car only has about 100 miles on it so I'm wondering if this goes away after the break-in period.

Peter

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.