The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 165
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been struggling to find a set of rims I like with the specs I want (not to mention ...

I have been struggling to find a set of rims I like with the specs I want (not to mention that I can't decide between 17" or 18"), and I came across these for sale locally. My wife and I think they are really ugly, but I just couldn't resist! 17" Oz Ultraleggera with Continental DWS, less than 1000 miles on them from new. I think my 4 year old sums them up perfectly: "Daddy, your ugly wheels look really great!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I have been struggling to find a set of rims I like with the specs I want (not to mention that I can't decide between 17" or 18"), and I came across these for sale locally. My wife and I think they are really ugly, but I just couldn't resist! 17" Oz Ultraleggera with Continental DWS, less than 1000 miles on them from new. I think my 4 year old sums them up perfectly: "Daddy, your ugly wheels look really great!"
    I love 'em.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    additional pictures? preferably with more car and less trees. I was also considering gold for GBP before I found someone selling the sti bbs wheels. Ultraleggeras are definitely a great choice and you can always powdercoat them if you get tired of the gold.

I think they're nice as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I loved my Ultras
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yes, those are very ugly lol

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Well I suppose you're entitled to being wrong.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ...well if an opinion can be wrong, I guess so

950 miles as of tonight, next week will be fun
    2015 ISM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I loved my Ultras
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I really like the wheels themselves, but I tend to be an "inside the box" person and am surprised that I went for that colour. I got a great deal as the owner pretty much charged me half the price for them (they are close to brand new), so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I am sure I can get most of the money back when I decide what I actually want on the car. I'll probably want a set of 18's eventually. FWIW, the Conti Extreme DWS do not feel as great as I was expecting after some of the reviews here - a little softer than I was expecting.

Gizmo, I will try to get some more pictures tomorrow or Monday. I think the colour looks fine in the dark, but I'd be interested to see if it looks odd in the sunlight or not.

Just need a little help with the dipstick - when I check the oil on the WRX along with my wife's CrossTrek, one side of the dipstick indicates more oil than the other.

I would think that all Subarus have the same type of dipsticks - have you all noticed the same thing and if so, which side is correct if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance.
    2015 ISM WRX

In spite of the lack of the rumble in the WRX, I have to say that overall, I am okay with the sound: the standard exhaust is audible in the car, and I hear plenty of turbo related whooshing.

Given the current state of affairs, I prefer they leave the engine note au naturel, rather than pulling a BMW and faking it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Here's a Tsudo catback if anyone wanted to hear the 2015 WRX

Here's a Tsudo catback if anyone wanted to hear the 2015 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I really like the wheels themselves, but I tend to be an "inside the box" person and am surprised that I went for that colour. I got a great deal as the owner pretty much charged me half the price for them (they are close to brand new), so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I am sure I can get most of the money back when I decide what I actually want on the car. I'll probably want a set of 18's eventually. FWIW, the Conti Extreme DWS do not feel as great as I was expecting after some of the reviews here - a little softer than I was expecting.

Gizmo, I will try to get some more pictures tomorrow or Monday. I think the colour looks fine in the dark, but I'd be interested to see if it looks odd in the sunlight or not.
    Thanks, gotta love finding deals on wheels. I really want to like this setup, but there's something about it... I'm not sure if it's the color, the size, or the dreary weather. Maybe it's the red from the tail lights, the blue and the gold combination but something looks off.

Side note, do you have any plans to tint the windows? I'm considering a mild tint when I get mine, maybe around 50% or so.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.