The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 164

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; @Gsquared - I meant the balance of the shifter combo and clutch felt like that setup, but no the clutch ...

@Gsquared - I meant the balance of the shifter combo and clutch felt like that setup, but no the clutch is pretty light. Thankfully it's heavier than the impreza clutch, but if it ever blows I wouldn't mind stepping up to a more substantial feel.

@jay thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also feel what feels like a misfire during idle. I've read somewhere it is due to DI? It took me about 500 miles to get use to the clutch, 1st and 2nd gear. I also came from a 2009 Civic Si and that thing shifts amazingly. I did put redline gear oil which helped my Si. I wonder if WRX gear box likes redline? I've noticed waiting a quarter second to put it into 2nd helps smooths it out. Gives the syncros time to line up.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    I did put redline gear oil which helped my Si.
    I've had very bad experiences with Redline.

Honestly, I would suggest Subaru Extra S gear oil. It's delicious
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thinking of pulling the trigger on an '05 WRX ... looking for any feedback on what kind of fuel mileage you are getting? Are they in-line with what it's supposed to get? Also wondering if most of the options can be ordered and installed by the owner, for example the sill plates on front doors. Thanks!

MPG?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on an '15 WRX ... looking for any feedback on what kind of fuel mileage you are getting? Are they in-line with what it's supposed to get? Also wondering if most of the options can be ordered and installed by the owner, for example the sill plates on front doors. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pickncrew View Post
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on an '15 WRX ... looking for any feedback on what kind of fuel mileage you are getting? Are they in-line with what it's supposed to get? Also wondering if most of the options can be ordered and installed by the owner, for example the sill plates on front doors. Thanks!
    Depends on if you order Manual vs CVT as well. My wife and I have the CVT, I drive it in S or S# never in Intelligent mode, she tends to drive it in Intelligent and overall it "claims" we are getting approx 24ish mpg. I think it's actually slightly above that judging by miles to fill up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pickncrew View Post
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on an '05 WRX ... looking for any feedback on what kind of fuel mileage you are getting? Are they in-line with what it's supposed to get? Also wondering if most of the options can be ordered and installed by the owner, for example the sill plates on front doors. Thanks!
    For me, CVT in I mode 90%+ of the time, w 60% highway driving over 1100 miles, I am getting an indicated 25.5 and calculated 24.5 mpg.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

This.

I had Redline in my first STI and I didn't like it...something was off about it. Subaru Extra S went back in and it was glorious again.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

This.

I had Redline in my first STI and I didn't like it...something was off about it. Subaru Extra S went back in and it was glorious again.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    I am wondering the same thing, to the point I think I am going to take it back to the dealer to have it looked at. I do own a 2013 outback with the 2.5 and while its not as smooth as any of the other cars I have owned, it is significantly smoother than my WRX. Even after my drive home (24 miles) when I come to a stop it runs rough. The idle speed is roughly 5-600, temp is dead center, psi is -8, but it still feels as though it is misfiring.
    I noticing a rough idle as well. Not even sure if I can consider it a rough idle because the idle speed stay at the same point but I noticed by boost gauge jumped from -8 to -5 then back to -8 when I was at a stop light. I hope this is not a result of misfiring.

I noticed my GR had a bit of a rough idle as well but I chalked it up to the unequal length headers

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    Depends on if you order Manual vs CVT as well. My wife and I have the CVT, I drive it in S or S# never in Intelligent mode, she tends to drive it in Intelligent and overall it "claims" we are getting approx 24ish mpg. I think it's actually slightly above that judging by miles to fill up so far.

Thanks... actually manual trans but I would expect around 24 combined. Wondering what folks with manual are getting on the highway with cruise on 70-75mph with AC off.

Quote Originally Posted by asindhidude View Post
    For me, CVT in I mode 90%+ of the time, w 60% highway driving over 1100 miles, I am getting an indicated 25.5 and calculated 24.5 mpg.

That's not bad, my wife drives into a major city in our area for work, its all stop and go traffic. So its probably 80% city miles @800 miles thus far

Quote Originally Posted by asindhidude View Post

That's not bad, my wife drives into a major city in our area for work, its all stop and go traffic. So its probably 80% city miles @800 miles thus far

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    i was joking. im just bitter because i dont have mine yet.
    I can empathize.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post

Here is some pictures.

7 pictures and video in the gallery