The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 163

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by popotamus After 3 weeks, I'm still trying to get the hang of 1st and 2nd to shift ...

Quote Originally Posted by popotamus View Post
    After 3 weeks, I'm still trying to get the hang of 1st and 2nd to shift smoothly...

First gear is ridiculous... anything above 10% throttle and the car just lunges forward, and I have to clutch/brake, or shift to 2nd before I ram into the car in front of me. (I sit in traffic daily)

I previously had a 2006 Civic Si, and the transmission and clutch is so much better compared to the wrx. Nevertheless, I still loving my wrx.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. The shifter/ clutch combo reminds me of my old mk4 Jetta with a stage 3 clutch and lightened racing flywheel. Sensitive, but stiff. Gives a good performance vibe, and miles better than the 5 speed in the previous gen haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^same here. First 5 % throttle gives you 20% throttle. Very annoying. I like linear gas pedals. Also makes the shift from 1-2 horrible with the dbw.

Still loving it tho. Already past 2k miles. Getting ready for the first oil change
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    ^same here. First 5 % throttle gives you 20% throttle. Very annoying. I like linear gas pedals. Also makes the shift from 1-2 horrible with the dbw.

Still loving it tho. Already past 2k miles. Getting ready for the first oil change
    you should try S# in the SI drive controls on the STi! The throttle response is beyond twitchy.

Once the defs are out, you can pick up some engine management and start playing with the throttle tables a bit.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post
    Quick question as I have never owned a turbo - the idle is not smooth even when warm - normal?
    I am wondering the same thing, to the point I think I am going to take it back to the dealer to have it looked at. I do own a 2013 outback with the 2.5 and while its not as smooth as any of the other cars I have owned, it is significantly smoother than my WRX. Even after my drive home (24 miles) when I come to a stop it runs rough. The idle speed is roughly 5-600, temp is dead center, psi is -8, but it still feels as though it is misfiring.
    Current: 2015 WRX Limited DGM, 2013 Outback Limited, 2006 Jeep Commander
    Sold: 2011 pagani zonda..........maybe not, 2006 Acura RSX type S, 2002 Dodge Stratus SXT, 2002 Kia Spectra GSX, 1989 Chevrolet Caviler

I Support ClubWRX
    i wish i had a 2015 to complain about.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Hahahaha my sentiments exactly!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'm not complaining, its just a big investment that I would like to drive as long as possible. If a lot of people are having the same issue, then potentially there is a real problem. This forum is great for vetting out these types of issues rather they are normal or not. Heck you don't find a zax, mikie, or rayfields just anywhere!
    Sold: 2011 pagani zonda..........maybe not, 2006 Acura RSX type S, 2002 Dodge Stratus SXT, 2002 Kia Spectra GSX, 1989 Chevrolet Caviler

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    I'm not complaining, its just a big investment that I would like to drive as long as possible. If a lot of people are having the same issue, then potentially there is a real problem. This forum is great for vetting out these types of issues rather they are normal or not. Heck you don't find a zax, mikie, or rayfields just anywhere!
    i was joking. im just bitter because i dont have mine yet.

i was joking. im just bitter because i dont have mine yet.
    No worries, I know the feeling, hope it arrives soon. Longest wait of the year.

When I test drove the 2015 WRX I didn't notice this 1-2 shift problem that is being mentioned often. It had a short shifter installed though, perhaps that is why?

Also @zug, this feels like a stage 3 clutch? I must be crazy since this clutch feels like a feather to me coming from stage 3.5 and stage 4 clutches I have had on my Si. :P My foot sunk to the floor by pretty much resting my foot on the petal in comparison, I even asked the salesperson if it was possible to stall the car -- it sure felt like it wasn't! It's a nice change I guess. After the test drive I got back in my Civic and almost stalled it for the first time in months!

I did however notice the touchy-ness of the petal for that first 5%.

How long should it take to get the VON after you order?
    I paid my deposit on April 3rd. The dealer told me that I'll get the car by end of April or mid May. Now after one month, he says at least 2-3 months from now. No VON yet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedInd View Post
    How long should it take to get the VON after you order?
    I paid my deposit on April 3rd. The dealer told me that I'll get the car by end of April or mid May. Now after one month, he says at least 2-3 months from now. No VON yet.
    You should be able to get your VON within a week of ordering. I ordered mine on April 4th, and the dealer told me mid-June for an ETA. I called them a week after placing the order to get the VON and check up about every other week. I'm still on schedule for taking delivery next month, but dont have a VIN yet.

If your dealer told you end of April or mid May, then they probably thought they already had a car coming in that was what you were looking for. Then that probably fell through and they have to custom order yours. I think waiting 4 months for a car is too long for this region. I see you're from the Chicago area, can I ask what dealership you went to? I'm pretty happy with the dealer I'm working with, in case you want to cancel your order.

You should be able to get your VON within a week of ordering. I ordered mine on April 4th, and the dealer told me mid-June for an ETA. I called them a week after placing the order to get the VON and check up about every other week. I'm still on schedule for taking delivery next month, but dont have a VIN yet.

If your dealer told you end of April or mid May, then they probably thought they already had a car coming in that was what you were looking for. Then that probably fell through and they have to custom order yours. I think waiting 4 months for a car is too long for this region. I see you're from the Chicago area, can I ask what dealership you went to? I'm pretty happy with the dealer I'm working with, in case you want to cancel your order.
    Grand Subaru. I am from Michigan. But don't have good Subaru dealers here. So decided to get it from Chicago.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zug73h15 View Post

I got her today! Man is this thing responsive! 2nd gear seems pretty weird to get into, maybe it has to do with the carbon synchro?idk, it still drives great. Two initial impressions: it's larger than I thought, and waay prettier in person than pictures. Guess I didn't notice during the test drive.

I noticed about halfway home that my all weather mats were not in the car, so I have to go back for those. It's kind of a hike for me, so I'll hold off on that until the plates come in.

So cool!
    Congratulations. She looks great!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

@Gsquared - I meant the balance of the shifter combo and clutch felt like that setup, but no the clutch is pretty light. Thankfully it's heavier than the impreza clutch, but if it ever blows I wouldn't mind stepping up to a more substantial feel.

@jay thanks!