The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 158

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax Be careful and evaluate what you truly want. You seem to be coming from the luxury ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Be careful and evaluate what you truly want. You seem to be coming from the luxury car segment and comparing two vastly different vehicles. Chances are, since you're coming from a line of Acuras and comparing to an A3, the WRX interior will be extremely disappointing. Furthermore, the ride quality will be jarring (comparing to the A3 or Acura).

This depends on the dealership. I'd expect you to talk down the dealer to at least MSRP if not lower.
    You are absolutely correct on that point. I always do my due diligence on any new cars I am looking to purchase and without question have done my research on the new WRX. The interior is, to say the least, a complete opposite in what I am used to as Acura interiors are usually excellent in terms of design and quality (canít say so about the exterior as of late with those heinous beaks). Iíve always been a car enthusiast and the interior of the WRX has grown on me. The ride quality Iím sure canít be worse that my current 370Z and Iím pretty sure the cabin noise will be a vast improvement over the Z as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    What is this witchery you speak of?
    In case it wasn't sarcasm ...

How to Make Subaru Stereo Better Louder | Subaru WRX / STI - YouTube
    2015 DGM WRX Limited

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Interior aside: I have driven the 2015 WRX and it is that good.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    You havent heard of the audio "fix"? Come on man. You should know all about the 2015's!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jimnassium View Post
    Ahhh, didn't realize the old fix moved over to the new cars. Good to know!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by jmin725 View Post
    You are absolutely correct on that point. I always do my due diligence on any new cars I am looking to purchase and without question have done my research on the new WRX. The interior is, to say the least, a complete opposite in what I am used to as Acura interiors are usually excellent in terms of design and quality (can’t say so about the exterior as of late with those heinous beaks). I’ve always been a car enthusiast and the interior of the WRX has grown on me. The ride quality I’m sure can’t be worse that my current 370Z and I’m pretty sure the cabin noise will be a vast improvement over the Z as well.
    I wouldn't be concerned about the ride quality or the interior, you'll know whether you are okay with those or not within a few minutes in the car. If I were you I would focus on taking a couple of good test drives to see if you like the power delivery over the Z, as you will miss the instant low-end torque which comes from the VQ engine. I just came from a V6 '05 Altima and am still adjusting. I am a previous WRX owner though so I knew what to expect, and once you start getting used to when and how to apply the power then the WRX becomes a fun car. I would have taken the G37xS if it came in a manual, but overall I'd say that Subaru have got a lot of things right with the 2015 WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Ahhh, didn't realize the old fix moved over to the new cars. Good to know!
    The modes just represent different equaliser curves. I found that sedan mode with loudness on along with a couple of other tweaks gives me the sound I like best. I believe sedan raises the bass and has a dip in the lower-mid range, whereas as through mode represents a flat starting point. I would therefore not see the modes as a "fix", just an alternative.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmin725 View Post
    You are absolutely correct on that point. I always do my due diligence on any new cars I am looking to purchase and without question have done my research on the new WRX. The interior is, to say the least, a complete opposite in what I am used to as Acura interiors are usually excellent in terms of design and quality (can’t say so about the exterior as of late with those heinous beaks). I’ve always been a car enthusiast and the interior of the WRX has grown on me. The ride quality I’m sure can’t be worse that my current 370Z and I’m pretty sure the cabin noise will be a vast improvement over the Z as well.
    I went from a g37 IPL coupe to a mazdaspeed 3 and loved the switch. I do miss the quality of the g37 sometimes but driving the ms3 was a lot more silly and fun, even if it didnt have the same low end torque. Other than long distance driving, I never noticed the quality difference between the two cars because the ms3 was such a joy. I imagine the WRX will be very similar to the ms3 in terms of fun factor, cant wait to pick mine up next month.

An A3 is an interesting comparison, I dont think I've ever included them in my car comparisons. I think it's because I could never picture myself in a base model Audi and could never justify the price of the upgrades haha. I was considering a ttrs when i was in the market for my g37, but decided to be a "cheapo" and save $10k+ with the infiniti.

In terms of price, I special ordered mine with a bunch of options at invoice pricing. I had to put $1000k down when I placed the order because of the options. I've also seen people pay over MSRP for base model orders. I think it really depends on what area you live in.

I Support ClubWRX
    that's a very interesting double post. 26 min apart.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    that's a very interesting double post. 26 min apart.
    LOL, not sure what happened there but I removed it anyway

I am now considering these on the GBS - any thoughts about how they might look?

^those look good.

Funny thing about the VQ...as good of an engine as it was, I missed the boost onset of the EJ turbo engines and promptly got rid of my Z after only a year. I missed the kick in the pants of boost coming on.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    LOL, not sure what happened there but I removed it anyway

I am now considering these on the GBS - any thoughts about how they might look?

I think those would look great!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I feel you on that. After having had both NA and turbo cars, I kinda like the feel of boost kicking in, even if the overall power/response is less than a comparable NA powerplant.

I received my 2015 WRX last week. I got a Premium with the HD radio and it was week. This weekend I installed a Alpine KTP-445U amp and 4 Kicker 41DS654 6.5 inch coaxial speakers. The amp install involved a lot of wire splicing and took most of a day. The amp and speakers were ordered from Crutchfield and the wiring colors are the same as a 2013 Subaru Impreza. Speakers are mounted with sheet metal screws with 1/4 inch rubber washers between the speaker and the door metal. I also insulated the insides of the door with Frost King duct insulation.

Sound is much better for FM, AM and CDs, not as good with XM. I think it was worth the money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    You havent heard of the audio "fix"? Come on man. You should know all about the 2015's!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    For the sake of documentation.

---------------

Loud mode: when stereo is on, hold 1 and 6. Double tap tune knob.

----------------
    Equalizer settings:

Sedan mode when stereo is off, hold 1 and 2, double tap tune knob

Wagon mode when stereo is off, hold 1 and 3, double tap tune knob.

Through mode when stereo is off, hold 1 and 4, double tap tune knob.

**I am told sedan mode is more bass and mids, while through is flat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure why I'm drawn to these so much, but I think they'd look nice with the GBP.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    NT03s are really good looking
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/