The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 157
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just did the "hidden option" mod and it sounds SO much better!...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I just did the "hidden option" mod and it sounds SO much better!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnassium View Post
    Anyone figured out if there are roof rack mounting holes hidden under the stripping?
    No one has specifically said that they removed the strips yet but it has been "confirmed" that there are no holes. Until someone tells me otherwise or posts pictures of them removed, I'll be doing it first thing when I get my car next month.

First Look: Roof Rack 2015 WRX - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    No one has specifically said that they removed the strips yet but it has been "confirmed" that there are no holes. Until someone tells me otherwise or posts pictures of them removed, I'll be doing it first thing when I get my car next month.

First Look: Roof Rack 2015 WRX - NASIOC
    Wow ... clamp-ons ... what's the channel for under the strip on each side???
    2015 DGM WRX Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

Bye bye ringlands!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I just did the "hidden option" mod and it sounds SO much better!
    What is this witchery you speak of?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    I would personally buy it on this car as long as you can get a little discount on it, say 10% off what they quote you. Subaru or not, it is a brand new car in it's first model year, and even if you never used it, it is worth being able to drive the car like you stole it without worrying about breaking things. If you fix your own car or plan to mod it into oblivion that is another story but in my experience having the SAS is the difference between laughing and wincing when you miss a gear or hit a huge pothole. Also if you never use it you can get some of the money back at the end. Of course they make money on them, but I remember in training they said that they pay out $.80 for every $1 they take in on the plans, so if you can get 10% off you are pretty close to even on average.
    Nice try. Give that certain event thresholds might now be logged, "driving it like you stole it" will undoubtedly result in a warranty refusal. As would missing a gear or hitting a huge pothole, as they are not manufacturer defects. I can see the data logging feature being used to turn down more warranty requests than previously experienced.

zax
    Can any other 2015 STi owners chime in here... I'm consistently hitting 16.5-17.5 PSI at WOT.

Either one of three things is happening:
    1. Car is overboosting
    2. Subaru increased the stock boost to ~16.5 PSI
    3. Stock MAP sensor is not accurate

What are you seeing for stock boost?

Facebook me here

Can any other 2015 STi owners chime in here... I'm consistently hitting 16.5-17.5 PSI at WOT.

Either one of three things is happening:
    1. Car is overboosting
    2. Subaru increased the stock boost to ~16.5 PSI
    3. Stock MAP sensor is not accurate

What are you seeing for stock boost?
    4. Ringland failure is imminent

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    4. Ringland failure is imminent

Facebook me here

Registered User thesolodriver84's Avatar
    Well talked to the dealership today and a crap load of WRXs came in at the Baltimore port today. Looks like mine might be in that batch. Keeping my fingers crossed I have a phone call after work.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    What is this witchery you speak of?
    You havent heard of the audio "fix"? Come on man. You should know all about the 2015's!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thesolodriver84 View Post
    Well talked to the dealership today and a crap load of WRXs came in at the Baltimore port today. Looks like mine might be in that batch. Keeping my fingers crossed I have a phone call after work.
    What dealership you working with and you live close to Baltimore?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Hey gents,

New member and potential new WRX owner. My previous cars have been two 3rd gen Acura TL’s, a 2nd gen TSX, and I am currently in a 2013 Z hoping to sell soon (all manuals). Looking to get a more practical car while retaining some sportiness as I am getting up in age and looking to get married soon. I’ve been stalking these forums for a few weeks now and during that time I have been going back and forth between the 2015 Audi A3 and the 2015 WRX.

Reading all these WRX testimonials has me essentially sold on the WRX. Quick question however. I’ve always loved the way white WRX’s looked and I’m looking to purchase a white WRX Limited with nav and a few more other options. I did the “build your own” on the website and MSRP came out to around $35-36k-ish. I’m about 99% sure I’m going to have to order mine with the options I want (looking to add the STi front lip, side skirts, rear). If custom ordering your car, will I be looking to pay around MSRP (which I’m fine with) or will I most likely be paying more? Can any new WRX owners with a similar experience chime in on this? Thanks guys and looking forward to being a permanent member / owner!

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by jmin725 View Post
    New member and potential new WRX owner. My previous cars have been two 3rd gen Acura TLs, a 2nd gen TSX, and I am currently in a 2013 Z hoping to sell soon (all manuals). Looking to get a more practical car while retaining some sportiness as I am getting up in age and looking to get married soon. Ive been stalking these forums for a few weeks now and during that time I have been going back and forth between the 2015 Audi A3 and the 2015 WRX.
    Be careful and evaluate what you truly want. You seem to be coming from the luxury car segment and comparing two vastly different vehicles. Chances are, since you're coming from a line of Acuras and comparing to an A3, the WRX interior will be extremely disappointing. Furthermore, the ride quality will be jarring (comparing to the A3 or Acura).

Quote Originally Posted by jmin725 View Post
    Reading all these WRX testimonials has me essentially sold on the WRX. Quick question however. Ive always loved the way white WRXs looked and Im looking to purchase a white WRX Limited with nav and a few more other options. I did the build your own on the website and MSRP came out to around $35-36k-ish. Im about 99% sure Im going to have to order mine with the options I want (looking to add the STi front lip, side skirts, rear). If custom ordering your car, will I be looking to pay around MSRP (which Im fine with) or will I most likely be paying more? Can any new WRX owners with a similar experience chime in on this? Thanks guys and looking forward to being a permanent member / owner!
    This depends on the dealership. I'd expect you to talk down the dealer to at least MSRP if not lower.

Facebook me here

Be careful and evaluate what you truly want. You seem to be coming from the luxury car segment and comparing two vastly different vehicles. Chances are, since you're coming from a line of Acuras and comparing to an A3, the WRX interior will be extremely disappointing. Furthermore, the ride quality will be jarring (comparing to the A3 or Acura).

This depends on the dealership. I'd expect you to talk down the dealer to at least MSRP if not lower.
    You are absolutely correct on that point. I always do my due diligence on any new cars I am looking to purchase and without question have done my research on the new WRX. The interior is, to say the least, a complete opposite in what I am used to as Acura interiors are usually excellent in terms of design and quality (can’t say so about the exterior as of late with those heinous beaks). I’ve always been a car enthusiast and the interior of the WRX has grown on me. The ride quality I’m sure can’t be worse that my current 370Z and I’m pretty sure the cabin noise will be a vast improvement over the Z as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.