The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 155
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; has anyone gotten the WRX STI wheel upgrade? i think i've only seen pictures of them on a CWP. i'm ...

I Support ClubWRX
    has anyone gotten the WRX STI wheel upgrade? i think i've only seen pictures of them on a CWP. i'm curious to see how they look on others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Launch edition is cheaper than the Limited.
    Really? I definitely would have expected it to cost more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Finally got my rex yesterday. 2015 limited DGM. Nice car. I was a little worried with how loud the exhaust was when I first started it up, but once the car is warm the sound calms down. Good thing. 100 miles in and I think everyone's observations are correct. The audio system is horrible, the HD antenna does not work well, wind noise is horrible at 80 MPH and the ride is very firm.

But the car is very fun to drive, and looks great. A huge improvement over the previous generation. Love the leather and the seats are a great fit. I got the factory STS, and not sure how much it actually improves the shifts distance, but it is nice. Not as nice as the Acura / Hondas I have owned, but still nice. I hope it breaks in a little and shifts smoother.

Quick question, how many of you bought the factory extended warranty? I did not, but am considering it.
    Current: 2015 WRX Limited DGM, 2013 Outback Limited, 2006 Jeep Commander
    Sold: 2011 pagani zonda..........maybe not, 2006 Acura RSX type S, 2002 Dodge Stratus SXT, 2002 Kia Spectra GSX, 1989 Chevrolet Caviler

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post

No, the L.E. is basically the base STi with the BBS wheels, push-button start, STS, and blue interior trim.

EDIT: and of course the exclusivity!

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/wrxsti/wrxsti2015.html
    Last edited by zax; 05-04-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post

It should be.

Dealerships around here are raising the price of them because "special" and limited production number.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Just went and compared the LE to the Limited, going to stick with the LE. I like the alcantara better than the leather and the rest of the stuff I don't want or need. Plus, the Limited runs an extra $2.5k around here.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    Finally got my rex yesterday. 2015 limited DGM. Nice car. I was a little worried with how loud the exhaust was when I first started it up, but once the car is warm the sound calms down. Good thing. 100 miles in and I think everyone's observations are correct. The audio system is horrible, the HD antenna does not work well, wind noise is horrible at 80 MPH and the ride is very firm.

But the car is very fun to drive, and looks great. A huge improvement over the previous generation. Love the leather and the seats are a great fit. I got the factory STS, and not sure how much it actually improves the shifts distance, but it is nice. Not as nice as the Acura / Hondas I have owned, but still nice. I hope it breaks in a little and shifts smoother.

Quick question, how many of you bought the factory extended warranty? I did not, but am considering it.
    I was ready to completely turn down the extended warranty, but my wife really wanted it. We also added GAP insurance, and the key assist thing if we lose the keys or lock ourselves out they give you a ride or some crap (she loses keys all the time). The extra package ended up adding about $43 bucks a month to our monthly payments (5 year).

Also I agree on most of your points, I also got the limited in DGM. However, though it sounds like a subwoofer is on a single note sine until your start moving, I love that noise. So throaty, yet not overbearing. As far as road noise, I'm coming off of a Sonata Turbo, that car was loooooud on the highway. I am thinking of doing some sound dampening in the trunk area and maybe side panels, I've seen some people do it, makes a huge difference.

I was ready to completely turn down the extended warranty, but my wife really wanted it. We also added GAP insurance, and the key assist thing if we lose the keys or lock ourselves out they give you a ride or some crap (she loses keys all the time). The extra package ended up adding about $43 bucks a month to our monthly payments (5 year).

Also I agree on most of your points, I also got the limited in DGM. However, though it sounds like a subwoofer is on a single note sine until your start moving, I love that noise. So throaty, yet not overbearing. As far as road noise, I'm coming off of a Sonata Turbo, that car was loooooud on the highway. I am thinking of doing some sound dampening in the trunk area and maybe side panels, I've seen some people do it, makes a huge difference.

Glad to see you're enjoying the car! Once everything breaks in it starts getting better and smoother. I even believe the audio gets better (either that or I have lowered my standards in the last month, LOL). I am over a month into mine now and I have no regrets at all - this car is really fun, my family likes it and I plan to keep it for some time.

My psychic advisor forewarned me of a Perrin stage 1 map in my mid-term future so I declined the warranty. Typically car problems happen early or late. Think of a U shaped curve - you have the infant mortality rate on the new components, then things tend to start going wrong after the 7 or 8 year period. The extended warranty covers the bottom of the U graph and is thus a great money-maker for the provider. Very few people will use it enough to recover the initial cost, but if you understand this and just want the certainty it provides then it won't hurt to get it. You can usually consider it later as well at a little more cost.

Registered User thesolodriver84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George U. View Post
    Has anyone else gotten the cvt? My wife and I ordered a limited wrx and it gets into port on the 8th. We ordered the vehicle back in Feb. so the wait is killing us!!!
    I think my WRX is coming in on that same boat. Is yours coming into Baltimore I take it? Also agree, wait is freaking killing me. I just keep getting told by the dealership it should be in this week. Longest week ever, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thesolodriver84 View Post
    I think my WRX is coming in on that same boat. Is yours coming into Baltimore I take it? Also agree, wait is freaking killing me. I just keep getting told by the dealership it should be in this week. Longest week ever, lol.
    Yup Baltimore. My dealer says the same thing. But according to Subaru of America it can arrive at the dealer anywhere between the 8th-20th. Hoping for the 9th currently renting a car.

Can't wait lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    My wife and I got our CVT Limited 3 days ago, I cannot believe how much I enjoy driving this car. I'm not even at 300 miles yet, trying desperately not to open it up and let loose fully yet. (ok I have a little...)

It shifts like lightning, handles corners with grip like a beast... Bottom line. Though you're married, you now have two loves. Enjoi!
    My wife is going to have a hard time not opening it up. She has the heaviest foot I have seen for 90lbs. Vietnamese woman lol.

Registered User thesolodriver84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George U. View Post
    Yup Baltimore. My dealer says the same thing. But according to Subaru of America it can arrive at the dealer anywhere between the 8th-20th. Hoping for the 9th currently renting a car.
    Ya, my dealer keeps telling me they come in way earlier then what they are quoted. It says by the 15th, but they usually get them in 7 days prior like with this last bunch they got in. Which dealership are you getting your WRX from here in VA?
    Last edited by thesolodriver84; 05-05-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesolodriver84 View Post
    Ya, my dealer keeps telling me they come in way earlier then what they are quoted. It says by the 15th, but they usually get them in 7 days prior like with this last bunch they got in. Which dealership are you getting your WRX from here in VA?
    We are getting ours from cherry hill subaru in NJ. Just moved to VA in March to work at the USPTO.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.