The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 150

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Rainking I spent

,200 doing s2k sp1 retro on my 2009 Si. They looked amazing. Since then, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    I spent $1,200 doing s2k sp1 retro on my 2009 Si. They looked amazing. Since then, I just can't go back to halogen. To me, the LED headlights alone was worth it.
    This is why the limited was the only model I considered. I've had xenon's for the last 10+ years and there really is no going back. I wish car companies would start making headlight upgrades a stand alone option, seems silly that you have to spend so much more on other options and packages just to be able to see better at night.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by intence01 View Post
    I just went through this. There are only 4 or 5 dealerships in Dallas. 2 are out in the boonies, and don't have many WRXs listed as incoming inventory. Plano told me MSRP for the foreseeable future, Sewell was offering a tiny discount, Huffines wanted MSRP for anything on the lot or incoming inventory, but were willing to give a decent discount if I ordered one. Sewell and Plano Subaru are both located in "big money" areas, so they don't care, they'll sell cars regardless.

Gillman out of Houston, and a few other dealerships had some and were discounting around $1000 (less than $1500 markup on a base car according to Edmunds), as well as Georgetown near Austin. PM me if you want details, but I just got through dealing with most of them.
    Man I love this community! So many people with so much knowledge and help!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    This is why the limited was the only model I considered. I've had xenon's for the last 10+ years and there really is no going back. I wish car companies would start making headlight upgrades a stand alone option, seems silly that you have to spend so much more on other options and packages just to be able to see better at night.
    I agree. If a base corolla has LED standard, there is no excuse for any other car not to have it. A premium WRX gets halogen

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    I agree. If a base corolla has LED standard, there is no excuse for any other car not to have it. A premium WRX gets halogen

So I picked up my base 2015 Silver WRX yesterday afternoon. Only options I added were short throw shifter, and homelink mirror w/compass. I also ordered dealer installed fog lights and those will be installed sometime in the next few weeks.

In the past 12 months I have now owned a 13 BRZ Limited, 14 WRX 5 door, and now the 15 WRX. Some random thoughts between the three cars, and specifically the 14 vs the 15.

The 15 is really a good cross between the BRZ and the 14 WRX. Handling is noticeably sharper, suspension is much firmer, car is much more flat and plated (no body roll). Corners are eaten up and spit out with no problem.

15 shifter is better vs the 14, but throws even with the short shifter are longer than the BRZ.

Interior is noticeably imrproved vs the 14 and the steering wheel is amazing

The engine is a winner. More torque down low. Car feels faster due to more torque available through the powerband. 1st gear goes by in a flash. Hard to keep the car under 4K

Exterior wise, I prefer the 14 hatch because I prefer hatches. That said, the 15 is not a bad looking car, it is just more modern and refined overall than the 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    I don't disagree. It should come on the Premium at the least. But, I also appreciate with how much this car offer for a little over $26K. Honestly, it is a bargain when you consider the handling, suspension, AWD, power, etc. It is a bargain at that price.

Had they offered the LED's on the Premium model I would have bought it even though I don't like sunroof's.

What do you think of this price?

EXAMPLE PRICING FOR YOUR IDEAL CONFIGURATION

2015 Subaru WRX
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Manual Limited
    Exterior ColorGalaxy Blue Pearl
    Interior ColorCarbon Black
    Options Sti Short Throw Shifter (Wrx) (041).

Estimated Savings off MSRP
    $1,564

Estimated Dealer Price
    $29,629 + Tax

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Here, at the close of my 3rd decade where interior plays a role in my decision, the outcome was different.
    That made me literally laugh out loud. "The close of your 3rd decade"? Gimmeabreak.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Flash408 View Post

2015 Subaru WRX
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Manual Limited

$1,564

Estimated Dealer Price
    $29,629 + Tax
    That's a pretty decent price, I wouldn't complain. If it feels right, go for it!

The led headlights r sick! Def worth getting the limited if you don't mind the leather. I chose the premium bc I hate Subaru leather. It's too thin and cheap. It ages very poorly from what I've seen. I love the grippy cloth. Feels better to me
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

2015 Subaru WRX
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Manual Limited

$1,564

Estimated Dealer Price
    $29,629 + Tax
    $29,027 + 302 = $29,329 dealer invoice for the Limited with the short throw and destination charges. So you are paying $300 over invoice. Seems like a good deal to me.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    That made me literally laugh out loud. "The close of your 3rd decade"? Gimmeabreak.
    Get off my lawn!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    So I picked up my base 2015 Silver WRX yesterday afternoon. Only options I added were short throw shifter, and homelink mirror w/compass. I also ordered dealer installed fog lights and those will be installed sometime in the next few weeks.

In the past 12 months I have now owned a 13 BRZ Limited, 14 WRX 5 door, and now the 15 WRX. Some random thoughts between the three cars, and specifically the 14 vs the 15.

The 15 is really a good cross between the BRZ and the 14 WRX. Handling is noticeably sharper, suspension is much firmer, car is much more flat and plated (no body roll). Corners are eaten up and spit out with no problem.

15 shifter is better vs the 14, but throws even with the short shifter are longer than the BRZ.

Interior is noticeably imrproved vs the 14 and the steering wheel is amazing

The engine is a winner. More torque down low. Car feels faster due to more torque available through the powerband. 1st gear goes by in a flash. Hard to keep the car under 4K

Exterior wise, I prefer the 14 hatch because I prefer hatches. That said, the 15 is not a bad looking car, it is just more modern and refined overall than the 14.
    Nice comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I lol'd as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Get off my lawn!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Does anyone have pictures of the LED lights at night?
    Just thought I'd add this to the party to help out. ...ok, it's also an excuse for me to take pictures of my car...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	147105

As you can see they're quite wide and very bright, really nice to drive in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0600.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	147113

Love the limited, the leather seats, driver power seat, and especially the HIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    Just thought I'd add this to the party to help out. ...ok, it's also an excuse for me to take pictures of my car...

As you can see they're quite wide and very bright, really nice to drive in.

Love the limited, the leather seats, driver power seat, and especially the HIDs.
    Thanks! That looks awesome! ok, I'm sold on the Limited. Now to see if I can get the dealer to make a deal.