The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 149
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; id say limited is not worth it when comparing the base and limited models. but if youre comparing the premium ...

I Support ClubWRX
    id say limited is not worth it when comparing the base and limited models. but if youre comparing the premium and limited trims then yes its worth the price. personally id like the base model with no sunroof and leather seats. ill probably get some custom upholstry and heated seats eventually. the led headlights look nice too but werent worth thd price difference between base and limited.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    id say limited is not worth it when comparing the base and limited models. but if youre comparing the premium and limited trims then yes its worth the price. personally id like the base model with no sunroof and leather seats. ill probably get some custom upholstry and heated seats eventually. the led headlights look nice too but werent worth thd price difference between base and limited.
    Thanks everyone! I'm moving to Dallas at the end of month and need to buy a car when I get there. Not taking my '99 Civic with me. I was in between the new GTI and WRX Ltd. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the WRX if I can get a sweet price. I'm trying to get 2 dealerships to bid against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash408 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'm moving to Dallas at the end of month and need to buy a car when I get there. Not taking my '99 Civic with me. I was in between the new GTI and WRX Ltd. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the WRX if I can get a sweet price. I'm trying to get 2 dealerships to bid against each other.
    On paper, spec for spec, WRX>GTi

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    I disagree... But again personal preference
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I disagree... But again personal preference
    Precisely why I say it is a completely subjective.

Add to that my answer to the question of are certain packages/options "worth it" were quite different 25, 20, 15, 10 and even just 5 years ago.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post

Add to that my answer to the question of are certain packages/options "worth it" were quite different 25, 20, 15, 10 and even just 5 years ago.
    I agree that it is subjective. After reading everyones comments, I think I will go with the Limited...unless my wife doesn't like it. Damn that Veto power!

zax
    I promise, she will love the heated seats

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I promise, she will love the heated seats
    I'm more worried about the 6-sp transmission. I taught her to drive a manual 10 years ago. For some reason she doesn't think 10 mins in a parking lot is enough training..go figure.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post

Yep. Had I been in my early 20s, I might have bought the Evo over the STi for performance reasons. Here, at the close of my 3rd decade where interior plays a role in my decision, the outcome was different.

Facebook me here

I spent $1,200 doing s2k sp1 retro on my 2009 Si. They looked amazing. Since then, I just can't go back to halogen. To me, the LED headlights alone was worth it. Also, previous car had push button start (need limited on the WRX to get it), I couldn't go back to keys. My house is keyless (smart lock) and my car is keyless. So the limited was a no-brainer for me. There's no arguing though that the base is an amazing deal at 25k! That's a lot of car for that price. That's like Accord and Camry pricing. You still get the same drivetrain, suspension ect. I'm just at a point in life that I don't want to have to monkey with everything to get it to my specs. That's also why I opted for the H/K sound system. Like others have stated, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    I spent $1,200 doing s2k sp1 retro on my 2009 Si. They looked amazing. Since then, I just can't go back to halogen. To me, the LED headlights alone was worth it. Also, previous car had push button start (need limited on the WRX to get it), I couldn't go back to keys. My house is keyless (smart lock) and my car is keyless. So the limited was a no-brainer for me. There's no arguing though that the base is an amazing deal at 25k! That's a lot of car for that price. That's like Accord and Camry pricing. You still get the same drivetrain, suspension ect. I'm just at a point in life that I don't want to have to monkey with everything to get it to my specs. That's also why I opted for the H/K sound system. Like others have stated, YMMV.
    I love the push button start on our Accord, but it was standard on the EX-L. I don't want the Navi on the WRX, had it in my old TL and used it maybe 3 times and 2 of those 3, the address weren't even listed.

I wish they would have the push button start as an addon w/o navi. There is this company that offers push button start systems as an aftermarket add on. Advanced Keys - AK-104B Smart Key with Push Start System

But I guess I'll just have to use a key for now.

Found this one too, but it's for the 2013 WRX
    Easy GO

I love the push button start on our Accord, but it was standard on the EX-L. I don't want the Navi on the WRX, had it in my old TL and used it maybe 3 times and 2 of those 3, the address weren't even listed.

I wish they would have the push button start as an addon w/o navi. There is this company that offers push button start systems as an aftermarket add on. Advanced Keys - AK-104B Smart Key with Push Start System

But I guess I'll just have to use a key for now.
    The Navigation isn't as bad as I thought it would be from all the reviews I've heard. Sure, it's not a Garmin but from my experience, it response quick and navigates without any issues. Even without using navigation, I still like it. I think it makes the interior look better. Also, when you play audio, you get full metadata with album cover art, start up art that's changeable and text message view and reply. Again, just not a navigation device. I also like how you can split the screen with audio information and navigation. Oh, I can also play Divx movies on a thumb drive!

I agree, the push button should be a separate option from premium and limited trims.

Quote Originally Posted by asindhidude View Post
    On paper, spec for spec, WRX>GTi
    They are different to drive. If I didn't need the trunk space or have a preference for AWD during our winters, I would take a '14 GTI over a '14 WRX. The GTI has always been a joy to drive, whereas a stock WRX has been hit or miss sometimes IMHO. I haven't driven the '15 GTI yet to compare to the '15 WRX, but I bet it will be close.

I just went through this. There are only 4 or 5 dealerships in Dallas. 2 are out in the boonies, and don't have many WRXs listed as incoming inventory. Plano told me MSRP for the foreseeable future, Sewell was offering a tiny discount, Huffines wanted MSRP for anything on the lot or incoming inventory, but were willing to give a decent discount if I ordered one. Sewell and Plano Subaru are both located in "big money" areas, so they don't care, they'll sell cars regardless.

Gillman out of Houston, and a few other dealerships had some and were discounting around $1000 (less than $1500 markup on a base car according to Edmunds), as well as Georgetown near Austin. PM me if you want details, but I just got through dealing with most of them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.