The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 146
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I brought my girl to the dealership...got her to want a black sti....win Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk...

I brought my girl to the dealership...got her to want a black sti....win

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got a quote for a 2015 WRB WRX Limited with Navi/HK/Keyless & Short Throw Shifter... $500 above invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Forget the interior, forget the lack of a hatchback option, forget the handling, motor, suspension.. The burning question that every one wants to know is......
    Do the windows roll up at the same speed?
    The driver window is faster than passenger on my 15 WRX. LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Got a quote for a 2015 WRB WRX Limited with Navi/HK/Keyless & Short Throw Shifter... $500 above invoice.
    Now go order it!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Now go order it!
    Can't yet. Gotta talk it over with the Ms.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I let my wife decide for me. She knew I wouldn't shut up if I got a car I wasn't happy with. That backfired on her, I can't stop talking about how much I like the WRX...

Hey guys,
    I'm new to this forum but have been following the 2015 since the concept days. I have searched and have been following as many threads as I can on the 2015. I have not seen anyone ask or seriously comment on possibly getting all-season tires instead of summer tires from the dealer.
    Maybe it has been answered before or maybe it’s too obvious, however I haven’t come across the post. I plan on buying the WRX (Premium in GBP) and live in the northeast where it will eventually snow. This car will be a daily driver of mine and I will rely on it to get to and from work as well as everywhere else. With that being said, I have concerns spending close to $33 grand on a brand new car and having to either purchase another set of rims/tires or have a tire guy scuff up brand new rims swapping summer over to all seasons.
    Anyone know what the Northeast dealers are planning to do in the Fall/Winter time in terms of tires? Are they going to keep selling these cars with summer tires on them in the winter?
    Anyone manage to get all-seasons instead of summer tires already on the car?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    Last edited by drwrxman; 04-29-2014 at 03:23 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's basically what I ordered.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by drwrxman View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm new to this forum but have been following the 2015 since the concept days. I have searched and have been following as many threads as I can on the 2015. I have not seen anyone ask or seriously comment on possibly getting all-season tires instead of summer tires from the dealer.
    Maybe it has been answered before or maybe it’s too obvious, however I haven’t come across the post. I plan on buying the WRX (Premium in GBP) and live in the northeast where it will eventually snow. This car will be a daily driver of mine and I will rely on it to get to and from work as well as everywhere else. With that being said, I have concerns spending close to $33 grand on a brand new car and having to either purchase another set of rims/tires or have a tire guy scuff up brand new rims swapping summer over to all seasons.
    Anyone know what the Northeast dealers are planning to do in the Fall/Winter time in terms of tires? Are they going to keep selling these cars with summer tires on them in the winter?

I tried asking the same question to my dealer in Chicago. I even said that I'll pay the difference if there is any in the price of tires. But he said I'll get the car with whichever set of tires it comes with.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys,
    Maybe it has been answered before or maybe itís too obvious, however I havenít come across the post. I plan on buying the WRX (Premium in GBP) and live in the northeast where it will eventually snow. This car will be a daily driver of mine and I will rely on it to get to and from work as well as everywhere else. With that being said, I have concerns spending close to $33 grand on a brand new car and having to either purchase another set of rims/tires or have a tire guy scuff up brand new rims swapping summer over to all seasons.

Welcome to ClubWRX! Nearly all enthusiasts opt for two sets of discreet tires/wheels for summer/winter. If you ask me, all season tires (or "no season tires" as they are called) would be a real shame on the WRX. What's keeping you from running summer/winter sets?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys,
    Maybe it has been answered before or maybe itís too obvious, however I havenít come across the post. I plan on buying the WRX (Premium in GBP) and live in the northeast where it will eventually snow. This car will be a daily driver of mine and I will rely on it to get to and from work as well as everywhere else. With that being said, I have concerns spending close to $33 grand on a brand new car and having to either purchase another set of rims/tires or have a tire guy scuff up brand new rims swapping summer over to all seasons.

I'm pretty sure that all USDM STi's come with summer tires as OEM regardless of where you buy it (Miami or Anchorage) or what time of year. Many folks who live in the snowy clims will just straight away pick up another set of wheels with tires better suited for winter conditions.

The problem with "all season" tires for many is they are a little bit like cars that can also travel on water... they may do ok at multiple things but tend not to do really well at anything. Since it is a performance car and the rubber has such a dramatic effect on the performance of the car, many folks would rather keep two sets of wheels that will each perform very well in different seasons than keep just one set that will never perform especially well in any season.

To put the issue of why they may not offer all season tires as a factory option into perspective.. STi owners who want to give up some performance all the time for the convenience of all season tires are but a sliver of overall STi drivers, who are basically only a sliver of WRX folks, who are only a sliver of Subaru owners who is basically only a sliver of the overall car market... So they are not likely to offer a tire standard that will negatively effect the performance of their halo performance car to accommodate just a few.

Obviously not everyone wants the hassle of changing wheels twice a year though either so different strokes for different folks.
    But you could buy your STi now and have time to save up for some winter wheels over the next 6 months.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

^ this.
    Plus keep in mind that there are always decent used winter setups for sale on the forum-usually pretty cheap. Also a new set can be gotten for roughly $600 mounted on steelies.. Which really isn't that much considering you're essentially doubling the life of your summer tires.

I Support ClubWRX

I know that talk all too well! I have convinced my wife that it's a good idea. Next year we will both be getting new Subaru's!! In the meantime we are saving up down payments and paying down loans.

I really wanted to hop into a 2015 but, after that talk I realized waiting until next year isn't all that bad. Any first year glitches are likely to be weeded out and the aftermarket will be much stronger. (This is how I rationalize it for myself, don't rain on my parade lol)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Hey guys,

I'd go with a set of snow tires for the winter. I promise you won't regret it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I really wanted to hop into a 2015 but, after that talk I realized waiting until next year isn't all that bad. Any first year glitches are likely to be weeded out and the aftermarket will be much stronger. (This is how I rationalize it for myself, don't rain on my parade lol)
    Yeah, but in a year my car will have been bedded in nicely and will be ready for those aftermarket mods...

There are good AS tires, but unfortunately the snow performance is still marginal at best.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.