The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 142

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Damn, I hope my June delivery gets pushed up sooner....

Damn, I hope my June delivery gets pushed up sooner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I prefer the wingless look. A nice trunk mount lip would be good though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    What have you read about reliability in the 2015s? It is far to early in the car's life to make any real judgments about that.

That being said, this motor (in different variations) has been used in the BRZ and 2014+ FXT's. Neither of those cars have any compromised reliability. If a Subaru is taken care of it will last just as long, if not longer, than most brands out there. Reliability would honestly be the last thing on my mind. Subaru has proven themselves in that arena time and time again.
    You are probably right. I was on ft86club and saw some issues there with the fa, which appears to be even in the 14 model. Also, I have read issues throughout the net from people complaining about Subaru turbo motor reliability. My thoughts were initially those people are those who mod like crazy, and blame it on Subaru. So I created a thread and asked if that was right, and got no response. Now I'm wondering if no response is good, or bad for my purchase. I know you are right about the 15 being new, but I also look at a manufacturers reliability history as part of their present, and close future. That's why I ask here, because I'm new to the brand, and know a lot of negative reputation can be created by the modding public who want to blame someone else for their play time. I just don't know how much of that is the case, or if I just need to chill, buy the car, and expect a pretty much trouble free ownership.

Anyone's experience would be helpful, especially those with a positive one, with lots of miles on their cars. This helps because I drive so much, I can't replace my car every other year, and will put probably 150-200k on this thing in five years.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB8888 View Post
    Damn, I hope my June delivery gets pushed up sooner.
    I think my order date was March 12 if I'm remembering correctly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    You are probably right. I was on ft86club and saw some issues there with the fa, which appears to be even in the 14 model. Also, I have read issues throughout the net from people complaining about Subaru turbo motor reliability. My thoughts were initially those people are those who mod like crazy, and blame it on Subaru. So I created a thread and asked if that was right, and got no response. Now I'm wondering if no response is good, or bad for my purchase. I know you are right about the 15 being new, but I also look at a manufacturers reliability history as part of their present, and close future. That's why I ask here, because I'm new to the brand, and know a lot of negative reputation can be created by the modding public who want to blame someone else for their play time. I just don't know how much of that is the case, or if I just need to chill, buy the car, and expect a pretty much trouble free ownership.

Anyone's experience would be helpful, especially those with a positive one, with lots of miles on their cars. This helps because I drive so much, I can't replace my car every other year, and will put probably 150-200k on this thing in five years.
    Rest your fears. We have a thread dedicated to High Mileage. As with any car, if you take care of it, it will last. My car has 97k this month and has never had an engine issue in it's life. Not saying Subaru is perfect, but by a large majority they make very solid engines. Turbo'd or not.

High Mileage Club
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

600 miles on mine and no problems, so they MUST be reliable. Just buy one already!

If you don't feel too comfortable, wait a year or two for any initial niggles to be worked out.

600 miles on mine and no problems, so they MUST be reliable. Just buy one already!

If you don't feel too comfortable, wait a year or two for any initial niggles to be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post

LOL. That's reassuring. I'm going to test drive it, and go from there. Hopefully things will go well.

LOL. That's reassuring. I'm going to test drive it, and go from there. Hopefully things will go well.
    The reality is that if you want any kind of performance car then you are going to see an increase potential problems, not to mention an increase in the cost of maintenance and parts. You sometimes need a little bit of luck - there are going to be lemons, models with niggling problems or simple factory QA issues, but Subaru has a fairly good track record in this sector and is as likely to be reliable or better than most other brands. If you expect to heavily mod the car then drive the crap out of it then you are going to increase the chance of experiencing some kind of catastrophic failure down the road.

My suggestion is to try it, and if it's what you want then give it a go. Treat it nicely and it's likely to be around until you are ready for something different.

I am right there with you. I must have reliability with my cars strictly for affordability especially with the mileage I drive every year. Last time I chose the rsx over the wrx for that reason. Loved the car, still miss it. I started the same type of poll and several people have replied, but it did not inspire confidence. With all of that said I have one on order and it should be here mid next month as well. All of the videos you can easily find of someone blowing the motor, and even on this forum two weeks ago someone reported the same thing on a 13. I am definitely worried, but hope it holds out. Only other option is a less than exciting accord.
    Current: 2015 WRX Limited DGM, 2013 Outback Limited, 2006 Jeep Commander
    Sold: 2011 pagani zonda..........maybe not, 2006 Acura RSX type S, 2002 Dodge Stratus SXT, 2002 Kia Spectra GSX, 1989 Chevrolet Caviler

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    Only other option is a less than exciting accord.
    It's funny you said that. The accord was my second choice. The cost, safety ratings, reliability, and the way it handles are hard to beat for what it is.

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

Finally got sick of the stock system and made a little upgrade . Speakers, amp, sub and dynamat = awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    Finally got sick of the stock system and made a little upgrade . Speakers, amp, sub and dynamat = awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sick man, must be booming now!

I had the chance to see/sit in/listen to a 2015 WRB WRX Limited last night at a weekly meet. It's exactly what I want!

It had the Navi/Stereo Upgrade/Keyless Entry package along with the short shifter.

I want one but can't justify that $2500 package for the navi/stereo/keyless. I'd rather use my phone's GPS and upgrade the stereo down the road. Push button start was pretty cool tho.

It was dark so I couldn't see the WRB that well

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    All of the videos you can easily find of someone blowing the motor, and even on this forum two weeks ago someone reported the same thing on a 13.
    Keep in mind that the 2015 has a completely redesigned engine using much newer technology. That means it could be stronger or it could have new quirks, but it has been around in other vehicles and tuned to power outputs not made in the WRX. Another factor to consider is how people drive them - try putting a turbo on the RSX so you have a similar performance level, then hammer it around and see how long it lasts... I would bet that you'd see more trouble than doing the same in a WRX of any year