The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 214 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Styling kind of reminds me of BMW a bit. I like it besides the mirror and no hatch. Read this ...

Styling kind of reminds me of BMW a bit. I like it besides the mirror and no hatch. Read this on Motortrend's website, I hope it's true! Makes sense since the Forester XT makes torque way low.

"The engine gets different camshafts and higher-rate valve springs, among other upgrades unique to the WRX, to bring output to 268 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, which peaks between 2000 and 5200 rpm. That represents an increase of 3 hp and 14 lb-ft of torque over the previous-gen model's turbo 2.5-liter."
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=dtraill27;3158146]Cars.com
    2015 Subaru WRX at the 2013 L.A. Auto Show

Love the front end, the interior looks good by wrx standards, and the drive train sounds promising. Need I say it would look way better as a hatch? The first image looks to me like a DTM road car just spun out into the gravel.

Seriously though, most competitive pro rally cars have been compact hatches, taking it out of the wrx lineup further distances it from what it's suppose to be first and foremost - an all wheel drive rally car (that being said admittedly my favorite wrx is an '05 sti). If they had a hatch in the works it likely would have been my next car. Not anymore, and the "Levorg" isn't looking any better...

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess those, then-unfounded, no hatch rumors have come true? Disappointing. I suppose I'll get used to the new style, yet I am underwhelmed at this point.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by simnewt View Post
    Love the front end, the interior looks good by wrx standards, and the drive train sounds promising. Need I say it would look way better as a hatch? The first image looks to me like a DTM road car just spun out into the gravel.

Seriously though, most competitive pro rally cars have been compact hatches, taking it out of the wrx lineup further distances it from what it's suppose to be first and foremost - an all wheel drive rally car (that being said admittedly my favorite wrx is an '05 sti). If they had a hatch in the works it likely would have been my next car. Not anymore, and the "Levorg" isn't looking any better...
    Disagree with the AWD rally car. The WRX is not an AWD rally car. It is a rally inspired compact sports car. It's never been a rally car. I think what they've done here is try to get back to the 22B, but haven't really hit the mark. I like the looks and I'm really excited to drive one, but I don't think they've swayed me to not want my 2014 hatch anymore.

Furthermore, with the CVT, 30 mpgs possible, more leg room, nicer interior, and still the AWD component, they've just opened this car up to a whole new market. They are going to sell the crap outta these.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Shifter is lifted straight out of the BRZ, judging by the pics.

Aesthetics are secondary to me for this car...but I have to say that it doesn't thrill me, right off. Kinda shaped like a suppository from certain angles.
    That said, nearly every year of WRX has been pretty bland, sitting there stock on the dealer lot.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 13WRXlimited View Post
    Not a fan..... Interrior deff in the right direction outside... horrible... Glad we got a 2013. Looks like as long as Mitsu doesn't screw up the Evo that will be next...

Been awhile since last post, regrettably got rid of my stag 2+ 11 STI in March of this year. Subaru is going in the right direction, it looks good the interior is updated however no hatch is a bummer. For a lot of folks the current sedan looks like a corrola/ after thought. Just like the wagon did from 02 on, made a sedan decided to make a hatch=ugly after thought. 08 on looks like hatch came first then okay let's make a sedan...the rear of sedans is GROSS. I'm sure the new REX will look great in person and it's inevitably current owners will quantify their purchases to themselves even stating resale......resale is high and will not be driven higher due to this new, more refined feature laden iteration. I curse the day I got my crosstrek and CANT WAIT to bag it and get back into my fifth WRX. Glad subaru addressed interior as I was going to purchase a ST Focus for great looks and hatch. As of now looks like I'll be back to subie, looking for a launch date hoping SOON!!!

Any word on the Hatchback models?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    Any word on the Hatchback models?
    No hatch
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    2015 Subaru WRX | LA Auto Show 2013

Link to the Official Reveal from earlier today. WRX starts at about 3:30 minutes in. Watch til the end, there is a better look at the car.

And the written press release.
    2015 Subaru WRX looks to set a new benchmark in LA - Autoblog
    Scroll down and click "Show Press Release"
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 11-20-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Crazy disappointed. I guess maybe I'll have to see what it looks like with a spoiler? I dunno.

Right now, those rear tires look tiny due to all of the metal above them between the fender line and the window... Like a Corolla. I don't mind the front end I guess, but I really think this looks funny.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Have any of you noticed any mention of an Sti? I wonder if that will be a faster version of this, or if it will be a totally different car...

Have any of you noticed any mention of an Sti? I wonder if that will be a faster version of this, or if it will be a totally different car...
    That's what I was thinking also...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    That's what I was thinking also...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Supposed to be revealed in Detroit in January...at least that is the rumor.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    The sti will look like the new Wrx but with a sti wing and bigger brakes. Of course with all the little extra that make a sti a sti.

I need to see one in person.. And also in a better color. I don't like red cars.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.