The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 132

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by bobbyt What is the country of manufacture/origin on the 2015 WRXs? Do the door stickers still say ...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyt View Post
    What is the country of manufacture/origin on the 2015 WRXs? Do the door stickers still say japan? I recall a rumor a year ago about a North American plant being used for XVs and Imprezas.
    They are still made in Japan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question for anyone that ordered... were you able to add accessories as port installed options after you placed your order? Would that change your VON number?

I ordered my WRX a couple weeks ago and have a VON number but no VIN. I asked about adding an audio upgrade by my salesperson said once an order is placed, it can't be changed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckSauce View Post
    Question for anyone that ordered... were you able to add accessories as port installed options after you placed your order? Would that change your VON number?

I ordered my WRX a couple weeks ago and have a VON number but no VIN. I asked about adding an audio upgrade by my salesperson said once an order is placed, it can't be changed.
    There's a very small window after you order, when you can modify it. I asked my dealer about changing my order and they tried but ended up saying it was not possible. They did offer to cancel the order and make a new one, but you dont get to keep your place in line.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Frankly, I want the toys. I want the differentials. I want the DCCD.

I told myself that my next car was going to be a car that handled. For this reason, I didn't consider another Subaru. And yet, Subaru was able to deliver a supremely well-handling car this time around. The EJ motor isn't my favorite approach, but it is reliable at stock power levels and I know my way around the motor. Would I prefer an FA20? Yes. However, stock-for-stock the STi has more horsepower and improved handling. Since I don't plan to modify the car, the STi was the better buy for me.
    Yeah I test drove both on Monday and wasn't impressed with the STi. I felt it wasn't worth the extra money especially for a DD. I won't be tracking it. Yeah.. The "toys" don't do anything for me.

Hope you love the STi!

Quote Originally Posted by murderek View Post
    I guess I'm just not used to worthless passive aggressive jokes, comments about "fapping" and name calling. I don't really see myself becoming a part of the "family". You seem cool though. Nice car, man. Peace!
    Yeah its not for everyone. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    So sensitive dude. My bad, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sure everyone appreciates the photos and video, but if you're fishing for compliments I've got nothing for you.
    Peoples feelings get hurt? lol this is the internet.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Yeah I test drove both on Monday and wasn't impressed with the STi. I felt it wasn't worth the extra money especially for a DD. I won't be tracking it. Yeah.. The "toys" don't do anything for me.

Hope you love the STi!
    Nothing is finalized yet. Clayton knows that if I drive the WRX and like it better, that I will purchase the WRX instead. Maybe I will have the same sentiments as you! However, I don't believe I will be able to push the cars hard enough in a test drive to separate the performance of the two.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Nothing is finalized yet. Clayton knows that if I drive the WRX and like it better, that I will purchase the WRX instead. Maybe I will have the same sentiments as you! However, I don't believe I will be able to push the cars hard enough in a test drive to separate the performance of the two.
    Where are you located? If your near Long Island, your welcome to come drive mine. Already past break in.
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    Where are you located? If your near Long Island, your welcome to come drive mine. Already past break in.
    Thanks for the offer! I'm actually down by DC so it's not a feasible drive for me.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by DuckSauce View Post

You have two opportunities:
    Order the audio upgrade directly from your dealer have him install is
    Order the audio upgrade over the internet from a Subaru parts store and save money then have your dealer install it
    Go aftermarket for the audio (which is what I am doing). You will save money and get a better sounding system

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    You have two opportunities:
    Order the audio upgrade directly from your dealer have him install is
    Order the audio upgrade over the internet from a Subaru parts store and save money then have your dealer install it
    Go aftermarket for the audio (which is what I am doing). You will save money and get a better sounding system
    I'd like to have a new system put in my 2015 STI when I get it. What's the best route for buying an aftermarket system and having it installed? Putting it on a brand-new car I'm EXTREMELY concerned about the quality of work/look of it. I know you can have things like this done at Best-Buy and such, but I'm not sure how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    I'd like to have a new system put in my 2015 STI when I get it. What's the best route for buying an aftermarket system and having it installed? Putting it on a brand-new car I'm EXTREMELY concerned about the quality of work/look of it. I know you can have things like this done at Best-Buy and such, but I'm not sure how good they are.
    I would skip Best Buy. Look around in some of the regional forums here, at NASIOC, etc and ask around. Also try Yelp, Google, etc. I have a very reputable place I use and they do amazing work. They are perfectionists.

Also, you don't have to go full bore. If the stock head unit meets your needs you can start with speakers and an amp and maybe a sub. Then maybe add a head unit if you feel the need. Stages if you would This is what my installer recommended to me and it is a good way to pay as you go and slowly improve the system.

zax

Facebook me here

Hi Guys,

New on the forum and considering a new WRX coming from an RX-8. For what it's worth I love my RX-8 for what it is; a small displacement sports car that handles great, rides good, but burns gas like a V8 and is very finicky. Lately bad coils fouled my spark plugs and did in the catalytic converter. All fixed under warranty, but I no longer trust the car.

I got to test drive a 2015 WRX STI, I want a WRX but that's what they had for me to try. Question is, has anybody driven both the 2015 WRX and STI, and is the ride of the WRX any softer than the STI? Don't get me wrong, the firm suspension was great for handling, but over time, day to day commuting, I may find it a bit harsh. Is the WRX any softer, even a little bit?

Hi Guys,

New on the forum and considering a new WRX coming from an RX-8. For what it's worth I love my RX-8 for what it is; a small displacement sports car that handles great, rides good, but burns gas like a V8 and is very finicky. Lately bad coils fouled my spark plugs and did in the catalytic converter. All fixed under warranty, but I no longer trust the car.

I got to test drive a 2015 WRX STI, I want a WRX but that's what they had for me to try. Question is, has anybody driven both the 2015 WRX and STI, and is the ride of the WRX any softer than the STI? Don't get me wrong, the firm suspension was great for handling, but over time, day to day commuting, I may find it a bit harsh. Is the WRX any softer, even a little bit?

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Jclutch View Post
    Hi Guys,

Yes, the WRX suspension is a bit more compliant. It should make the better Daily Driver.

Furthermore, the FA20 motor is torquier and more economical.

The common comparison is:
    The WRX is a street car you can drive on the track
    The STi is a track car you can drive on the street

The WRX and WRX STi have diverged lately more than previous years with the WRX offering a bit more than the STi on the front of technology and economy, while the STi is still the faster of the two and more precise at the track.

Facebook me here

^ what he said. But i will say the OEM Wrx tires are loud w/ bad ride comfort. I swapped them for hankook all seasons that handle just as good that are quieter, better ride comfort, & better wear.
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale