The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 131
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by shasan546 It's honestly just a "feeler". I'm considering selling it. I love the car. Honestly nothings wrong ...

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    It's honestly just a "feeler". I'm considering selling it. I love the car. Honestly nothings wrong with it except the annoying dbw/1->2 shift.

But I already have 1400 miles on the car in less than 2 weeks lol. I do 20-30k/year.

I don't mind the gas costs. But I might be going into manhattan everyday. If I sell the wrx id get a Volt so I can get access to the HOV since I'm by myself and drive a lot during peak hours. It would save me almost an hour of sitting in traffic a day.
    Just curious - but why not take the LIRR into Manhattan? I would imagine that driving into Manhattan for work would be a pain, especially if you have to look for parking. I would think that parking garage prices / street parking would be such a hassle. I'm from Queens and I hate driving into Manhattan unless I'm driving out of town or something, I hate the parking situations there. I always just wonder why people from Long Island usually prefer to drive into the city, haha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlankWRX View Post
    Just curious - but why not take the LIRR into Manhattan? I would imagine that driving into Manhattan for work would be a pain, especially if you have to look for parking. I would think that parking garage prices / street parking would be such a hassle. I'm from Queens and I hate driving into Manhattan unless I'm driving out of town or something, I hate the parking situations there. I always just wonder why people from Long Island usually prefer to drive into the city, haha.
    Honestly its mainly bc the LIRR is highly inconvenient for me. Between the subway & lirr it would take me longer (plus more effort) to do everything i need to do. I don't have a normal 9-5 job. I own multiple businesses. I drive to astoria, midtown, and east village. Plus have other work in LI. Trust me if i could i wouldn't drive lol
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by murderek View Post
    I am not fishing for compliments. I am here to post pics (like everyone else does) and show people what 15s look like with certain wheels and tire specs in hopes that it will help them decide what width / offset they want for their 15. Please stop replying with all these worthless comments about me and my sensitivity, hot-headedness, fapping, etc. It's not hurting my feelings, it's just annoying. Have a nice day.
    Yeah, I'm sticking with my compliment anyway. Those 2 cars look bad a$$!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You get what you pay for....
    They are just heavier right? I am sure they'd make a reasonable option for someone who just needs a second set of wheels or can't afford anything expensive. I think Murderek just wanted to change the stock wheels out while he explorers other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    They are just heavier right? I am sure they'd make a reasonable option for someone who just needs a second set of wheels or can't afford anything expensive. I think Murderek just wanted to change the stock wheels out while he explorers other options.
    from a quick google, it's not just about being heavier. It's about wheel strength. Breaking a wheel is not fun. Depending on where you live even forged wheels can get bent. I wouldn't want to risk my car by driving on a wheel like that.
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

Here are some pictures of the GBS after a week without a bath. The first is after this morning's commute, the second after following drivers in the mess that is left behind as the snow melts. Before anyone asks, the snow did not stick and I didn't spend the morning drifting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dirty 1.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	144353

Name:	Dirty 2.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	144361

And FWIW I now dislike the stock wheels again!

Just arrived home in my new Ice Silver WRX - same car as posted before from the dealer's lot - looks so different depending on the light. Omg, this is an absolute supercar.

Base unit - added the fog-lights and rear spoiler - I'm 6'5" and without the sunroof, I'm fine.
    Last edited by tranck; 04-16-2014 at 04:10 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post
    Just arrived home in my new Ice Silver WRX - same car as posted before from the dealer's lot - looks so different depending on the light. Omg, this is an absolute supercar.
    She looks beautiful!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Here are some pictures of the GBS after a week without a bath. The first is after this morning's commute, the second after following drivers in the mess that is left behind as the snow melts. Before anyone asks, the snow did not stick and I didn't spend the morning drifting

The Galaxy Blue is really pretty. Even dirty.

And FWIW I now dislike the stock wheels again!
    Why?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

We are looking for a 2015 Impreza WRX or STI to make a template for a hidden EcoHitch to fit the vehicle. We need to find someone in the greater Washington State area who has bought the car and would be willing to bring it to our shop in Kent, WA. We’ll give a free EcoHitch to the owner once it’s complete. Anyone out there interested or know someone who would be?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    The Galaxy Blue is really pretty. Even dirty.
    I agree, this colour is nice however I look at it. We have an ISM Forester and that doesn't seem to hold the dirt quite as well to me.

Why?
    This is always a personal thing I guess, but I don't really like the colour contrast against the darker blue (especially as it gets dirty). I don't think this should be have been a one-colour-fits-all thing. IMHO they look really good on ISM, DGM and even WRB, but I think a lighter colour would have looked better on the GBS and CWP. I haven't seen a red or black car in person yet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post

Base unit - added the fog-lights and rear spoiler - I'm 6'5" and without the sunroof, I'm fine.
    I like everything about this color/combination. I'm 6'4 and also went without the sunroof.

I Support ClubWRX

Name:	gyhave3e.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	144409
    This is always a personal thing I guess, but I don't really like the colour contrast against the darker blue (especially as it gets dirty). I don't think this should be have been a one-colour-fits-all thing. IMHO they look really good on ISM, DGM and even WRB, but I think a lighter colour would have looked better on the GBS and CWP. I haven't seen a red or black car in person yet.
    I'm with you no this. There's just something a little off with the wheels on the GBP, I'm not sure if it's the color though. I'm looking to use them as my winter wheels, and find a set of stock sti wheels for my summer tires.
    Last edited by gizmo0034; 04-16-2014 at 07:12 PM.

What is the country of manufacture/origin on the 2015 WRXs? Do the door stickers still say japan? I recall a rumor a year ago about a North American plant being used for XVs and Imprezas.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.