The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 129

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by McBill This looks good! I love the red! I hope that is the name of your new ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    This looks good! I love the red! I hope that is the name of your new WRX because if so, I like it .

Go Bucks!
    Thanks,Officially named!
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any hard starts out there?

Hey so I'm just curious for any new 2015 owners... Any problems starting the car? My ex had a 2014 FXT, and sometimes it wouldn't start on the first try . There were others on the Forester forums with the same issue, I'm assuming they corrected the issue on the FA20 by now.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    Hey so I'm just curious for any new 2015 owners... Any problems starting the car? My ex had a 2014 FXT, and sometimes it wouldn't start on the first try . There were others on the Forester forums with the same issue, I'm assuming they corrected the issue on the FA20 by now.
    nope none.

just hit 1500 miles in less than 2 weeks
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

Another ohio guy here, ill be getting mine in june since I ordered late in the game, curious on what size steel rims I would need in all dimensions plan on doing 215/60r16 for my winter tires but need to find some rims.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Care to share the various reasons?
    Frankly, I want the toys. I want the differentials. I want the DCCD.

I told myself that my next car was going to be a car that handled. For this reason, I didn't consider another Subaru. And yet, Subaru was able to deliver a supremely well-handling car this time around. The EJ motor isn't my favorite approach, but it is reliable at stock power levels and I know my way around the motor. Would I prefer an FA20? Yes. However, stock-for-stock the STi has more horsepower and improved handling. Since I don't plan to modify the car, the STi was the better buy for me.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

I told myself that my next car was going to be a car that handled. For this reason, I didn't consider another Subaru. And yet, Subaru was able to deliver a supremely well-handling car this time around. The EJ motor isn't my favorite approach, but it is reliable at stock power levels and I know my way around the motor. Would I prefer an FA20? Yes. However, stock-for-stock the STi has more horsepower and improved handling. Since I don't plan to modify the car, the STi was the better buy for me.
    Can't wait til you bring it up to Philly/NJ and let me drive it like I stole it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Can't wait til you bring it up to Philly/NJ and let me drive it like I stole it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    nope none.

just hit 1500 miles in less than 2 weeks
    None here, but only 350 miles completed. Some of the FXT owners were saying this happens just a few times per year and it still starts, so I am not really concerned even if it does happen.

I'm actually contemplating the same decision as yours. I have a limited WRX on order but am considering stepping up to the STI base model as it is around 2k more. I really want the steering and responsiveness of the STI, but am not sure if I want to deal with the EJ. Has anyone on this forum driven both? I'm curious about the different in feeling between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    It's all good man. People on ClubWRX are laid back. I see you are over on Nasioc (you posted your two WRX's yesterday or day before I believe). People over here are cool and joke around. It's like a family (brother/sister relationship)
    I guess I'm just not used to worthless passive aggressive jokes, comments about "fapping" and name calling. I don't really see myself becoming a part of the "family". You seem cool though. Nice car, man. Peace!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by murderek View Post
    I guess I'm just not used to worthless passive aggressive jokes, comments about "fapping" and name calling. I don't really see myself becoming a part of the "family". You seem cool though. Nice car, man. Peace!
    No worries. Welcome and enjoy the forum.

In other more awesome news. Saw the 2015 in person finally. It's great looking, IMO. Pictures do not do it justice.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    In other more awesome news. Saw the 2015 in person finally. It's great looking, IMO. Pictures do not do it justice.
    Yes, YES! and yes.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I guess I'm just not used to worthless passive aggressive jokes, comments about "fapping" and name calling
    I thought someone mentioned you were on NASIOC

I don't really see myself becoming a part of the "family". You seem cool though. Nice car, man. Peace!
    I won't lose sleep.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    So sensitive dude. My bad, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sure everyone appreciates the photos and video, but if you're fishing for compliments I've got nothing for you.

if anyone doesn't want to wait for a car, Im thinking about selling my 2015 WRX Premium w/ Nav/HK. PM me if interested.
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale