The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 128

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First pictures on the site with non-stock wheels. Looks a LOT better....... even though they are XXRs lol...

I Support ClubWRX
    First pictures on the site with non-stock wheels. Looks a LOT better.......even though they are XXRs lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Fapping?
    Lol

I roll with some dark tint as well actually.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    First pictures on the site with non-stock wheels. Looks a LOT better.......even though they are XXRs lol
    I'm sure the wheels on your 15 were a lot more expensive than my XXRs. Care to share some pics so I can see what they look like?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by murderek View Post
    I'm sure the wheels on your 15 were a lot more expensive than my XXRs. Care to share some pics so I can see what they look like?
    I drive an 06 on stock wheels so no, your's look a lot better!

I see you're new here so forgive the inside joke. Orange text on this site indicates sarcasm. There is a running joke with a few of us that XXRs break easily, nothing against you or your purchase of them. They are great inexpensive wheels. Your cars look great!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Take it easy.

You seem to be a little hot-headed. These are forums; everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yes, they're XXRs; Yes, they're cheap. You mentioned they were winter wheels so who cares? FYR, orange text means joking.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thank you very much!

We got our tint done at Tint Pros - Mobile Window Tinting and it is not legal. I think 30% + is legal in most states but I'm not sure. We purchased wheels and tires on our own and had the dealership mount and balance them at no additional cost. I'm not sure if you can order one with different tires.
    MN law is 50% on side and rear windows for a passenger car. Not trying to be a prick but I would be really surprised if you don't get pulled over for it here. I moved from out of state and my car was 20% and they got me within a week of getting my MN plates. From what I have heard most police here won't mess with you if you are 35% or higher. They want to be able to see into your windows and at 5% they can't.

But at this point the tint is on and you may be fine.

Take it easy.

You seem to be a little hot-headed. These are forums; everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yes, they're XXRs; Yes, they're cheap. You mentioned they were winter wheels so who cares? FYR, orange text means joking.
    Interesting
    Last edited by murderek; 04-14-2014 at 02:05 PM.

I chose 5% because what happens inside my car is nobody else's business. I also like the look of 5%.
    No offence, but when you are in a car you are out sharing public resources where it's everyone's business to gauge what other drivers are doing. There are reasons why darker tints are usually illegal and it's not just that many of those people have something to hide - a good driver is going to be looking at others, where they are looking, if they are using their mirrors, where there focus is etc. It irks me when I see an idiot in a darker tint driving unpredictably for this reason (I'm not saying this is you).

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    MN law is 50% on side and rear windows for a passenger car. Not trying to be a prick but I would be really surprised if you don't get pulled over for it here. I moved from out of state and my car was 20% and they got me within a week of getting my MN plates. From what I have heard most police here won't mess with you if you are 35% or higher. They want to be able to see into your windows and at 5% they can't.

But at this point the tint is on and you may be fine.
    Thanks for the advice but I've had 5% on every vehicle I've owned over the past 15 years and I've never received a ticket. Even when I get pulled over for something else the cops don't even mention my tint.

Thanks for the advice but I've had 5% on every vehicle I've owned over the past 15 years and I've never received a ticket. Even when I get pulled over for something else the cops don't even mention my tint.
    I am sure it depends where you live. I live in Maple Grove and that is where they got me with my last car. Cop used a device to read the tint on the window but just let me go with a verbal warning since I showed him my registration from my previous state where I lived and that I had just moved to MN. But he only pulled me over for tint and told me if I did not get it fixed he would ticket me next time. Two of my neighbors have 35% on their cars and, like you, did not have an issue when they got pulled over for speeding, tags, etc. So I might go with 35%.

For some reason, the foum is not embeding this video.. again.. and I know I have it right this time lol
    they need to fix this crappy system.. anyways, here's the link

JSC Speed 2015 WRX: First Track Shakedown

JSC Speed 2015 WRX: First Track Shakedown - YouTube

Fixed it for you.
    Last edited by TheJ; 04-14-2014 at 02:39 PM.

^Thanks. I made sure I was posting it correctly because I "replied with quote" to the previous video from another member, yet the forum still didn't accept mine, weird..

For various reasons, changing my order from a 2015 WRX CWP to a 2015 WRX STi CWP
    Care to share the various reasons?

Interesting
    It's all good man. People on ClubWRX are laid back. I see you are over on Nasioc (you posted your two WRX's yesterday or day before I believe). People over here are cool and joke around. It's like a family (brother/sister relationship)

Take it easy.

He's use to Nasioc. I saw him post over there lol He's not use to here.

:unamused:
    Last edited by 96accord; 04-14-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: double ****ing posts.........

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Buckeye Boxer:First 2015 WRX in Ohio.
    This looks good! I love the red! I hope that is the name of your new WRX because if so, I like it .

Go Bucks!
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14