The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 126

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jrb5783 It looks exactly the same as the spt exhaust that's on my car except it's says ...

Quote Originally Posted by jrb5783 View Post
    It looks exactly the same as the spt exhaust that's on my car except it's says STi on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this true? I noticed the SPT option disappeared from the addons today. I swear it was there for the past week as I have built the car online about 20 different times.

Also, I got to test drive a 2015 STi today. If I could buy those seats for my WRX I would be in heaven. I love alcantara!

The clutch on these cars catches way way way way up at the top it seems like. The clutch on my current car catches as soon as it is lifted a millimeter off the floor so it took a few lights for me to get a feel for it. I'm sure the salesman was laughing at that one.

I really liked a lot of the features the STi had, but I ended up placing an order for the WRX Limited in WRB -- 6 Speed.

The transition to this car is going to be very interesting to say the least. A lot smoother, but a heck of a lot slower if the STi was any indication :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GSquared View Post
    Is this true? I noticed the SPT option disappeared from the addons today. I swear it was there for the past week as I have built the car online about 20 different times.

Also, I got to test drive a 2015 STi today. If I could buy those seats for my WRX I would be in heaven. I love alcantara!

The clutch on these cars catches way way way way up at the top it seems like. The clutch on my current car catches as soon as it is lifted a millimeter off the floor so it took a few lights for me to get a feel for it. I'm sure the salesman was laughing at that one.

I really liked a lot of the features the STi had, but I ended up placing an order for the WRX Limited in WRB -- 6 Speed.

The transition to this car is going to be very interesting to say the least. A lot smoother, but a heck of a lot slower if the STi was any indication :P
    The exhaust is still available on the website, but it's listed as STI Performance Exhaust System-WRX rather than SPT. Also, the powerband for the STI is in the higher revs so you won't notice the speed as much unless you're tracking it. The WRX has much more usable power for a daily driver. I'm rarely above 5k rpm when I drive, typically I would hit the speed limit at 3.5k in my speed3.

I Support ClubWRX

The exhaust is still available on the website, but it's listed as STI Performance Exhaust System-WRX rather than SPT. Also, the powerband for the STI is in the higher revs so you won't notice the speed as much unless you're tracking it. The WRX has much more usable power for a daily driver. I'm rarely above 5k rpm when I drive, typically I would hit the speed limit at 3.5k in my speed3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    Exhaust vid
    I saw you on Reddit

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    For various reasons, changing my order from a 2015 WRX CWP to a 2015 WRX STi CWP

Still excited, and I still think the FA20 has more potential than the EJ257, but I know my way around the EJ motor and don't plan on modifying the car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Alright, cool. Thanks for the info! I think the smoothness actually threw me off the most. It really didn't feel like you were going too fast even if you were.

The one thing that worried me is the clutch. (I know I'll get used to it, but still) Does it really catch THAT far up or was I imagining things? Is there a way to adjust this so it catches closer to the ground or is that just based on the current clutch setup that is in there now? (I've had 3 clutches in my current car, the 2 not stock ones caught closer to the ground which I love.) Sorry if that is a dumb question!

I Support ClubWRX
    Not too surprising, the decision between a sti and limited wrx is hard considering the two prices. I'm banking on the base wrx holding me over for a while so I can see what they do to the sti.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Not too surprising, the decision between a sti and limited wrx is hard considering the two prices. I'm banking on the base wrx holding me over for a while so I can see what they do to the sti.
    That's a good plan. I think an FA20 STi would be an excellent car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    For various reasons, changing my order from a 2015 WRX CWP to a 2015 WRX STi CWP

Still excited, and I still think the FA20 has more potential than the EJ257, but I know my way around the EJ motor and don't plan on modifying the car.
    I don't know if I would do that man. Those STis are old goats on the inside with crappy engines ..

-The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I am SO ready.
    Cant wait for the pics of your new ride with you in it.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by Funkenstien View Post
    Hi all,
    Just picked up my 2015 WRX on Thursday. Just curious,is the 1000m engine break in really testing anyone else's patience?
    I had winter tires put on before picking it up, then the weather suddenly got warm - not wanting to wear them out has helped in keeping me from being aggressive! I might wait until I am at the 1k mark before swapping them out

I have seen a couple of people say that about the WRX as well, but mine bites quite a bit lower than my last WRX. Before buying the 2015 I tried about 4 used 2010/11 cars and each one had a different feeling clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

I am not 100% convinced that the 2015 WRX is everything people have made it out to be. I have been fairly moderate with my break in, but even then there are times when it has felt like it could use a little more in the low or upper-mid rev range. I also don't find that the DI makes it a completely smooth pull - there is still lag and a couple of times I have been caught out in 2nd expecting it to pull and it just hasn't (at least not before the driver I pulled out in front had closed the gap and given me a glare). Don't get me wrong, coming from a V6 with a good torque curve these could just be things I need to adjust to, but I am already looking out for what a stage I flash might bring to the FA. I didn't test drive the STI before buying the WRX for a reason - I had a feeling it would be that much better, and with child #2 about to drop I didn't want to find myself spending even more over the budget I had initially set. I don't think there is anything wrong sticking with the EJ.

Teaser

Does the bare bones or premium model have the led daytime lights?

Quote Originally Posted by MNDuluth View Post
    Does the bare bones or premium model have the led daytime lights?
    LED lights are specific to the Limited models iirc.

edit: ah, missed the drl part of that.
    Last edited by GSquared; 04-13-2014 at 09:40 PM.

None of the trim uses LED as the DRL. All use the high beam (halogen bulb).