The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 123

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I'm a new memeber and a proud new owner of a 2015 WRX in RBP with CVT. Coming ...

Hello everyone, I'm a new memeber and a proud new owner of a 2015 WRX in RBP with CVT. Coming from a small toyota MR2 spyder, this car is such a joy to drive. I cant wait after 3k miles and taking some canyons. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397232731329.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	143673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397232749409.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	143681

Drove my first 100miles on "I" drive mode and surpass the mpg claim.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397232760155.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	143689

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gliderboy08 View Post
    I cant wait after 3k miles and taking some canyons.
    Why 3k? Is the break in longer for the CVT? You can still have plenty of fun in the canyons/twisties with this car while you're putting those miles on!

Congrats on your car, can't wait to see more mpg numbers about the CVTs. I'm averaging 24mpg overall according to the car with the MT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fyrrwin; 04-11-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandingus View Post
    What didn't you like about the GBP? I'm on the fence between that and DGM. I've seen some pictures of the GBP that look awesome, and some I don't like as much. It seems to really change with the lighting.
    I saw the Galaxy Blue, World Rally Blue and the Ice Silver - at least imo, the Ice Silver won hands down.

Dunno about the Galaxy Blue specifically - just too dark maybe?

The Ice Silver was just so much brighter - the World Rally was too "electric" Blue for my tastes - to each his own but all I can say is look at them all in person and then decide - that's what changed me completely.

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    But i think i am still going to give it a shot. I sit pretty close to the steering wheel, so maybe it will still work with my daughter behind me.
    The car is awesome - if you have another option then it's worth a shot for sure. If you just have one child you can place the seat in the center, and she'll be front facing before you know it anyway. The car is a little harsher than previous models so you might be looking at using the other vehicle for any significant drives anyway.

I am getting more used to the car now (after coming from a V6), and as it breaks in I feel like I have more control of the spooling and power delivery. I had it delivered with winter tires and it's getting warm here so I have resisted being aggressive. Given how well it handles with the winter tires, I'm sure it's going to feel like a new car all over again when I got the stocks back on!

Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post
    I saw the Galaxy Blue, World Rally Blue and the Ice Silver - at least imo, the Ice Silver won hands down.

Dunno about the Galaxy Blue specifically - just too dark maybe?
    You have to see the GBS under different lighting to understand how sharp it is. I really liked the ISM when I saw it at an autoshow (the pictures again do not do it justice, it really is awesome!), but every time I look in my garage and see the GBS next to an ISM Forester I just think the blue has something more to it. Again, IMO - imagine how boring it would be if we were all the same!
    Last edited by Raven Logics; 04-11-2014 at 10:01 AM.

I have been waiting for a post just like yours. I drive to work in really bad stop and go one way and late at night the other. Your post really helps with my decision.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Whoops. Was referencing glider boys post.

Quote Originally Posted by jktenor View Post
    Whoops. Was referencing glider boys post.

Not every CVT comes with a free woman, he just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jktenor View Post
    I have been waiting for a post just like yours. I drive to work in really bad stop and go one way and late at night the other. Your post really helps with my decision.

Glad that it help you out and you will not regret the paddle shifters, alot of fun. I'll update more after 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Not every CVT comes with a free woman, he just got lucky.
    Wife got a good laugh at this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    Why 3k? Is the break in longer for the CVT? You can still have plenty of fun in the canyons/twisties with this car while you're putting those miles on!
    This hasn't been answered. I'm curious to see if that was a typo and it's only 1k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    This hasn't been answered. I'm curious to see if that was a typo and it's only 1k miles.
    its just a habbit now for me after multiple engine rebuilts. I have to dig through the manual after work to confirm 1k break-in

Quote Originally Posted by gliderboy08 View Post
    its just a habbit now for me after multiple engine rebuilts. I have to dig through the manual after work to confirm 1k break-in

I know it's not required but on every car I've ever owned, I ALWAYS get an oil change right after the break in period. Gets any small fragments of metal or whatever out of there. Just an extra precaution, and I've never had any engine issues with any of the 3 Subaru's I've owned. Just my .02.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Birds eye view parked at work.

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    Birds eye view parked at work.

Very nice! Looks good. Is that the world rally blue?

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    I know it's not required but on every car I've ever owned, I ALWAYS get an oil change right after the break in period. Gets any small fragments of metal or whatever out of there. Just an extra precaution, and I've never had any engine issues with any of the 3 Subaru's I've owned. Just my .02.
    Synthetic oil is supposedly not ideal for break in, and AFAIK Subaru use an additive to overcome this. Assuming this is true then if you change the oil too early you'll take out the additive, thus making it harder for your engine to fully wear in after the break in period. My dealer went out of the way to instruct me NOT to make the first oil change before the scheduled time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Very nice! Looks good. Is that the world rally blue?
    Thanks. Yep, WRB!