The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 122

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I went and take a look at 2015 sti today. It was price to sell for .742 with leather, sunroof, ...

I went and take a look at 2015 sti today. It was price to sell for $39.742 with leather, sunroof, and HK audio. It was a nice car but I don't know if it's worth 40k but I do like the hood scoop ( it is definetly wider ).
    2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Desert Khaki
    2011 Subaru WRX SWP
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1907

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got to check out a 2015 STI Limited today. I know people have been saying this, but it's absolutely true....it looks AMAZING in person. After seeing it in person, I realized there isn't ONE SINGLE phone to show this cars true lines. It look MUCH more aggressive than any photo I've seen. I'm not getting white, but it does look really nice...

Pictures aren't the best, but none really are.

Man that's a nice looking STI. I gotta convince the wife to let me buy one though.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Do you think you take a picture straight down the center console line? From this angle it kind of looks like the pedal is hidden in a little cubby.
    Here's a shot taken in line with the pedal itself:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pedal_zpsb16c13d1.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	143593

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    Has anyone with kids taken possession of there 15 wrx yet? If so would you be willing to share a pick of a rear facing car seat in place? I wonder how tight it will be for my wife with my daughter in back. In the 14 wagon it was fine, but not sure on the 15 sedan.
    Now I remember, in my 08 I only had the infant seat and it was central (fits more easily). I am only about 5'6, and with the passenger seat set back only a notch or two from the driver the child seat just fits. I wouldn't want to sit much further forward if I were the passenger for any kind of distance. These pictures are taken with the seats loosely placed in the car so they might be a touch more snug if fitted correctly.

Name:	Child1_zpsb1b6d7c9.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	143601

With a Peg Perego infant seat I had to move the passenger seat forward by 3 or 4 clicks to get it in. It's a tight squeeze for sure, and would concern me if we didn't have the Forester as well (gonna need this in a week or so!). I couldn't get the same angle as the first image because my wife came home and parked too close to me

Name:	Infant1_zps2492ae62.jpg 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	143609

In the central position:

Name:	Infant2_zps3535045f.jpg 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	143617

If we didn't have a larger vehicle we would struggle for sure with two kids. I don't think the WRX would even be an option if we were much taller (my wife is similar to me). I am surprised, because I really thought there would be more room

Let me know if you need any specific images.

I took delivery of a GBP base WRX today, it came off the truck, salesman called me, I went over to check and it was being hand washed and detailed. Did the paper work and was driving 2 hours later.First impressions....the car WANTS to GO,it corners like a slot car and rides firmly,but better than my BRZ,not punishingly,just firmly. No front nosedive when stopping. Traded a 10 Impreza Outback and this is more roomy feeling,the width across the front seats is better, the visibility out is wonderful, the dash and side body line are lower giving great command of where you are and whats out there, lots more glass and much more back seat area. I was a hatchback lover, but the trunk is half again bigger than the space behind the seats in the Outback. So much so that I have to find a way to stow my crap that I carry, there are no tie downs and nothing to restrain movement of things. Sound freaks, you have lots of room for Subs and still have a cargo area.I cant imagine ever folding down the seats. The car is longer that the Outback and wider in the garage, just need to adjust my parking routine a little.Overall, its pretty awesome, got admiring looks from several drivers, but I have an audio problem which I started another thread about. Again,its a love affair beginning,and it looks much more upscale to the passengers, and this is the base WRX, not any limited model.Go Subie Go. I think back now and wish that Subaru had 100 percent control of the BRZ when it was designed, they obviously have learned from that experience and the 15 WRX, for the same money as a BRZ is one heck of a package.

Awesome! thanks for these pics. I've been dying to see child seats in one of these.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Here's a shot taken in line with the pedal itself:
    Thanks, that's a much better angle.

If we didn't have a larger vehicle we would struggle for sure with two kids. I don't think the WRX would even be an option if we were much taller (my wife is similar to me). I am surprised, because I really thought there would be more room

Let me know if you need any specific images.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much sir! Wow that is tight, it reminds me of how tight it was in the focus. Whats interesting is that when i put the car seat in the 14 hatch i had an easy 2 - 3 inches, but in the focus it was as tight as could be. Both my wife and i are 5'7" so i think it will be tight.

We also have another Subaru and i think you are right, without the outback it wouldn't be doable. But i think i am still going to give it a shot. I sit pretty close to the steering wheel, so maybe it will still work with my daughter behind me. Thanks again for the pictures, i ouw you one!

[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you need any specific images.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much sir! Wow that is tight, it reminds me of how small it was in the focus. Whats interesting is that when i put the car seat in the 14 hatch i had an easy 2 - 3 inches, but in the focus it was as tight as could be. Both my wife and i are 5'7" so i think it will be a close fit.

We also have another Subaru and i think you are right, without the outback it wouldn't be doable. But i think i am still going to give it a shot. I sit pretty close to the steering wheel, so maybe it will still work with my daughter behind me. Thanks again for the pictures, i owe you one!

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by dannymac63 View Post
    Has anyone taken delivery of a Launch Edition STi? I'd really like to know if there's a numbered plate inside that matches the end of the VIN. Mine isn't due until 4/28 (possibly sooner), it's the only question my dealer hasn't been able to answer yet.
    Are you asking if there's like a number for it out of 1000 somewhere inside? That would be awesome. My buddy had a limited edition Miata and it had a little plate inside engraved with something stating its one of a set number. You're lucky to be getting yours this month. Mines not due until Cinco De Mayo.

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    Apparently it won't be here till June. Maybe i'll have to buy Forza too lol
    Forza!? If you grab Gran Turismo it has a handful of WRXs. I love driving it from the inside view and looking out through the replica interior/dashboard. It's especially fun to rally. Unfortunately they haven't added the 2015 yet but I'm certain it's coming.

My new WRX

Will be picking up this base WRX next week - had ordered a Galaxy Blue but when I saw it in person, just didn't like it as much as this Ice Silver. Also fwiw, I sat in the Limited - not enough headroom for me at almost 6'5" and the leather bolsters dug into my sides.

With the base model and no sunroof and the cloth bolsters - no problem - test drove this car yesterday and fell in LOVE!!!
    Last edited by tranck; 04-11-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post
    Will be picking up this base WRX next week - had ordered a Galaxy Blue but when I saw it in person, just didn't like it as much as this Ice Silver.
    What didn't you like about the GBP? I'm on the fence between that and DGM. I've seen some pictures of the GBP that look awesome, and some I don't like as much. It seems to really change with the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post
    Will be picking up this base WRX next week - had ordered a Galaxy Blue but when I saw it in person, just didn't like it as much as this Ice Silver. Also fwiw, I sat in the Limited - not enough headroom for me at almost 6'5" and the leather bolsters dug into my sides.

With the base model and no sunroof and the cloth bolsters - no problem - test drove this car yesterday and fell in LOVE!!!
    Nice! I ordered a Base ISM as well with Short-Shifter and Fog Lights. I think mines is due sometime in May...