The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 121
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Subiaficionado Would be nice if they could fix this double post issue the forum has. I've been ...

Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post
    Would be nice if they could fix this double post issue the forum has.
    I've been bitchin about it to them forever, providing screen shots, examples, and everything (I have an IT QA background) and it still hasn't helped. So I gave up on them (god I hope this double posts...)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I've been bitchin about it to them forever, providing screen shots, examples, and everything (I have an IT QA background) and it still hasn't helped. So I gave up on them (god I hope this double posts...)
    You have an IT QA background? No ****. Would never have guessed. :P

And yes the double posts are annoying. I blame Mikie!

I Support ClubWRX
    We created the double post issue for people like Ralph to boost their post counts.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I have come across my first real problem with this car - the trim crosses the line between the gas pedal and where I am sitting. I find that I have to rest against the trim and this twists my foot on the pedal, which gets uncomfortable pretty quickly. I hope this is something I can get used to :|

I Support ClubWRX
    From that picture angle, it seems like heel-toe would be hard to do, at least with my giant Size 12/13 feet...

My bugeye was ideal for heel-toe shifting.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I have come across my first real problem with this car - the trim crosses the line between the gas pedal and where I am sitting. I find that I have to rest against the trim and this twists my foot on the pedal, which gets uncomfortable pretty quickly. I hope this is something I can get used to :|
    Do you think you take a picture straight down the center console line? From this angle it kind of looks like the pedal is hidden in a little cubby.

In my old car I used to rest my whole leg on the center console for the long drives, it wasnt ideal but i managed to find a comfortable position. Unfortunately feet are generally too big to drive in the straight up and down position so I always have to find a way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Do you think you take a picture straight down the center console line? From this angle it kind of looks like the pedal is hidden in a little cubby.
    The pic wasn't mine, but I can maybe capture one later tonight. I'd say it is slightly hidden for sure. But... I love driving this car! I always struggled with the gearbox and clutch in the 08-14 range, but the 15 just feels natural. It makes it more pleasant to drive.

anyone who has the car find it annoyingly slow to do the 1->2 shift smoothly? The car likes to hold the revs when switching from 1st to 2nd. Half the time I'm not smooth if i try to shift fast. I have to shift extremely slow for it to be smooth. Bugs the hell out of me. Im not new to driving stick (9 years). & drive cars smoothly that are harder to drive (S2k w/ aftermarket clutch & Exige), 1M is easy.

Just ordered my WRX!!

Base DGM 6MT with the STS and upgraded center console/armrest. Total price ~$26,100, total with taxes and fees ~$27,500

Now I have to wait! Apparently it won't be here till June. Maybe i'll have to buy Forza too lol

Damn double post.

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    anyone who has the car find it annoyingly slow to do the 1->2 shift smoothly? The car likes to hold the revs when switching from 1st to 2nd. Half the time I'm not smooth if i try to shift fast. I have to shift extremely slow for it to be smooth. Bugs the hell out of me. Im not new to driving stick (9 years). & drive cars smoothly that are harder to drive (S2k w/ aftermarket clutch & Exige), 1M is easy.
    I'd been having the same issue, and I've been driving manuals exclusively for the last 13 years. I've noticed as the car has started braking in (872 miles so far) and I've gotten to know the clutch the shifting has gotten significantly smoother and I can shift hard without looking like an idiot. Also seems like holding the clutch just fractionally longer as you make the shift makes a world of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    STi or normal WRX? I had the same issue with my 06 Civic Si, DBW would hold on for a fraction of a second before letting the RPM drop. Part of the reason I went AP1 when I bought my S2000. Hondata fixed the problem, but $600 was a bit steep considering I never planned on any other mods.
    2015 STi Launch Edition

Has anyone taken delivery of a Launch Edition STi? I'd really like to know if there's a numbered plate inside that matches the end of the VIN. Mine isn't due until 4/28 (possibly sooner), it's the only question my dealer hasn't been able to answer yet.
    2015 STi Launch Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dannymac63 View Post
    STi or normal WRX? I had the same issue with my 06 Civic Si, DBW would hold on for a fraction of a second before letting the RPM drop. Part of the reason I went AP1 when I bought my S2000. Hondata fixed the problem, but $600 was a bit steep considering I never planned on any other mods.
    You should have seen the '12 and '13 Si with the massive Rev Hang. The FlashPro was the best investment ever (minus the turbo of course!)

Hoping this second gear one isn't quite as bad as Honda's was! Based on the description it isn't too terrible. What does concern me is that picture of the petal placement. At that angle it really does look like the gas petal is in a cubby of it's own and you have to twist your leg to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSquared View Post
    What does concern me is that picture of the petal placement. At that angle it really does look like the gas petal is in a cubby of it's own and you have to twist your leg to get to it.
    It really isn't as bad as that angle makes it look. I honestly don't feel like I have to twist my leg/foot to reach the pedal.

Overall the pedal setup feels very natural to me. It's a huge improvement over my Focus ST. The gas pedal was so much farther forward than the gas it was scary, got my foot caught on the brake pedal a couple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.