The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 120
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 15WRX Took delivery of my 2015 WRX on 4/1 - no fooling! I couldn't get out of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 15WRX View Post
    Took delivery of my 2015 WRX on 4/1 - no fooling!

I couldn't get out of my 2013 GLI fast enough. There's so much I didn't like about the VW. The REX is pure bliss! The chassis and suspension are fantastic. This car HANDLES!!!

Turn in is immediate and the fast steering really helps keep your hands from crossing up during hard corners (I need to shuffle steer my E36 M3 which is not ideal). The grip is very impressive. No understeer to speak of and the car is very responsive to throttle steering - it feels alive. The suspension digs in under power...I can't feel the torque vectoring but it must be working because the more I apply power in corners the more it grips and pulls through the turn.

I can't say enough good things - oh - the suspension is also compliant and soaks up bumps - oh - it also corners flat.

Looking forward to taking it to Watkins Glen in June to see what she can really do!
    That WRB looks so nice. Would you mind taking pictures from farther back with other cars in there for context? Every picture I see of it looks amazing, but when I was at the dealership the BRZ they had in WRB (same color I assume) was too bright for me. Unfortunately we dont have any 2015 wrx's around here to check on colors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just ordered one of two launch editions coming to my dealership. delivery in early may. can't wait

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by 15WRX View Post
    Took delivery of my 2015 WRX on 4/1 - no fooling!
    Man that's a sexy car!! I can't hardly wait until I get mine.

So apparently with the Base you cannot get a trunk spoiler in the color of the car. Does anyone know about this/have one with a base?

I'm placing my order for my WRX now

Double post. sorry

Just got an update with the VIN for my LE STi, getting it 2 weeks earlier than expected, possibly 3!

Dealer said that most have been arriving a week or so early.
    2015 STi Launch Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dannymac63 View Post
    Just got an update with the VIN for my LE STi, getting it 2 weeks earlier than expected, possibly 3!

Just curious - what dealer did you go to? I live next to Pinehurst and went to Strider Subaru in Asheboro - ordered a WRX Limited on March 10th - hope like heck it's in soon - have to turn in the company car next week - changing jobs - sales said my car supposed to be delivered in June....which sucks.

Just curious - what dealer did you go to? I live next to Pinehurst and went to Strider Subaru in Asheboro - ordered a WRX Limited on March 10th - hope like heck it's in soon - have to turn in the company car next week - changing jobs - sales said my car supposed to be delivered in June....which sucks.

Performance Subaru in Chapel Hill. They have a couple coming in on the 21st or 22nd IIRC and a silver base model there now.

Edit: I'll be at Pinehurst for the US Open in June... I say we have a mini WRX meet!
    2015 STi Launch Edition

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Can someone who's taken delivery of the 2015 take some photos and detail the different multi-function display modes?
    Don't forget some parts of the displays are customisable. I have the digital speed on the instrument display along with the gear selection (6sp), DTE on top of the MFD, and I have set the temp, trip and lifetime MPG on the triple display for now. I also set the camera to stay on for a little while after exiting reverse as it makes it easier for corrections. It's all so engaging, but probably less safe to play with than using my cell phone! You'll get more out of playing with one than seeing pictures. At least that's what my wife said when I was about the get the camera (sorry, she's done with my car obsession - the deal was I can only have the car if I ).

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    Has anyone with kids taken possession of there 15 wrx yet? If so would you be willing to share a pick of a rear facing car seat in place? I wonder how tight it will be for my wife with my daughter in back. In the 14 wagon it was fine, but not sure on the 15 sedan.
    Firstly the 15 has more space in the back than the 14 (wagon and sedan are the same). Secondly, what is it worth for me to dig my old rear-facer out of the basement? Do I get a beer for it or something to make it worth risking spousal disapproval (as per above)...

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Don't forget some parts of the displays are customisable. I have the digital speed on the instrument display along with the gear selection (6sp), DTE on top of the MFD, and I have set the temp, trip and lifetime MPG on the triple display for now. I also set the camera to stay on for a little while after exiting reverse as it makes it easier for corrections. It's all so engaging, but probably less safe to play with than using my cell phone! You'll get more out of playing with one than seeing pictures. At least that's what my wife said when I was about the get the camera (sorry, she's done with my car obsession - the deal was I can only have the car if I ).

^--Thats funny, i would use the term persistent, but my wife said the same thing. I was given approval to buy the car as long as she A didn't have to test drive any more cars, and B. i would "STFU" already.

Firstly the 15 has more space in the back than the 14 (wagon and sedan are the same). Secondly, what is it worth for me to dig my old rear-facer out of the basement? Do I get a beer for it or something to make it worth risking spousal disapproval (as per above)...
    If only you were in Colorado i would buy you a case just to sit in your new rex. I was hoping to see it just in case it was way too tight and i needed to cancel the order. If it does not fit, i will be stuck with an accord sport, but i least i will not have to way until 5/20 to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    If only you were in Colorado i would buy you a case just to sit in your new rex. I was hoping to see it just in case it was way too tight and i needed to cancel the order. If it does not fit, i will be stuck with an accord sport, but i least i will not have to way until 5/20 to find out.
    I'd let you drive it for a beer! I have always been car selfish, but I just want to share this thing because it's so fun! I haven't got time tonight but will try to capture a couple of pictures later tomorrow evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I'd let you drive it for a beer! I have always been car selfish, but I just want to share this thing because it's so fun! I haven't got time tonight but will try to capture a couple of pictures later tomorrow evening.

Awesome! thanks a bunch.

Performance Subaru in Chapel Hill. They have a couple coming in on the 21st or 22nd IIRC and a silver base model there now.

Edit: I'll be at Pinehurst for the US Open in June... I say we have a mini WRX meet!
    Sure thing danny!

Would be nice if they could fix this double post issue the forum has.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.