The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 119

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ghoststrykre just got word from my dealer, my WRX is in!! unfortunately my salesman has the day ...

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    just got word from my dealer, my WRX is in!! unfortunately my salesman has the day off.. so i gotta wait til tomorrow. i ran by the dealer before going to work and snapped some photos tho. they let me get in. the harmon kardon system was sounding fantastic. the exhaust has a nice rumble at idle. i didn't get to drive it tho. this all works out because it gave me time to switch shifts with a co-worker to get this tomorrow and get thursday off for driving.
    Attachment 143401
    Congrats! I get mine on May 5th and the wait is driving me crazy. A guy can only play so much Gran Turismo before he loses his mind!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Congrats! I get mine on May 5th and the wait is driving me crazy. A guy can only play so much Gran Turismo before he loses his mind!
    HAHA! I did the same thing! I bought an Xbox One and got Forza with it ahaha. That's hilarious. My showed up 1.5 weeks early, so maybe yours will too!

I Support ClubWRX
    You trying to get banned there AccordV62Wrx ?

We can make it happen...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    12 pictures of the under side (Pulled from Reddit)

2015 WRX Underbody - Imgur
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Took delivery of my 2015 WRX on 4/1 - no fooling!

I couldn't get out of my 2013 GLI fast enough. There's so much I didn't like about the VW. The REX is pure bliss! The chassis and suspension are fantastic. This car HANDLES!!!

Turn in is immediate and the fast steering really helps keep your hands from crossing up during hard corners (I need to shuffle steer my E36 M3 which is not ideal). The grip is very impressive. No understeer to speak of and the car is very responsive to throttle steering - it feels alive. The suspension digs in under power...I can't feel the torque vectoring but it must be working because the more I apply power in corners the more it grips and pulls through the turn.

I can't say enough good things - oh - the suspension is also compliant and soaks up bumps - oh - it also corners flat.

Looking forward to taking it to Watkins Glen in June to see what she can really do!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0687 cropped.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	143409

Name:	IMG_0689 cropped.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	143417

Name:	IMG_0692.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	143425
    Tom
    2015 WRX
    1998 E36 M3 Track Prepared / Street Legal
    Instructor - BMW CCA

Quote Originally Posted by 15WRX View Post
    Took delivery of my 2015 WRX on 4/1 - no fooling!

I couldn't get out of my 2013 GLI fast enough. There's so much I didn't like about the VW. The REX is pure bliss! The chassis and suspension are fantastic. This car HANDLES!!!

Turn in is immediate and the fast steering really helps keep your hands from crossing up during hard corners (I need to shuffle steer my E36 M3 which is not ideal). The grip is very impressive. No understeer to speak of and the car is very responsive to throttle steering - it feels alive. The suspension digs in under power...I can't feel the torque vectoring but it must be working because the more I apply power in corners the more it grips and pulls through the turn.

I can't say enough good things - oh - the suspension is also compliant and soaks up bumps - oh - it also corners flat.

Looking forward to taking it to Watkins Glen in June to see what she can really do!
    Grats man, and glad to hear such positive thoughts on how she handles! I can say completely and honestly, that I am 100% envious of you!

I Support ClubWRX
    Left a voicemail to Clayton about a 2015 STI Limited purchase; another STI in the WTF Tuning stable soon? We shall see...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Left a voicemail to Clayton about a 2015 STI Limited purchase; another STI in the WTF Tuning stable soon? We shall see...
    Sweet!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Why would you not go for the FA20?

FA20DIT (the moderator formally known as EJ257)
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Your posts are exhausting to read.
    You actually read his posts? Every time I see a reply from him I just skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandingus View Post
    Not mine, but someone posted this earlier in the thread. Towards the middle of the gallery there are pictures of all the display modes.

2015 WRX Limited - Imgur
    Yeah tell Zax to "Search n00b!" haha

I posted that not that long ago in this thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax
    Why would you not go for the FA20?

FA20DIT (the moderator formally known as EJ257)
    Because my car will be faster and more fun to drive than yours. And after enough badgering, you'll eventually let me play with the FA20 ECU...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    You actually read his posts? Every time I see a reply from him I just skip it.
    Lolololol

-GhostStrykre

Has anyone with kids taken possession of there 15 wrx yet? If so would you be willing to share a pick of a rear facing car seat in place? I wonder how tight it will be for my wife with my daughter in back. In the 14 wagon it was fine, but not sure on the 15 sedan.

As a side note i have always laughed when the spell checker finds WRX and STI as a misspelling on this site. We should add that to the custom dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    Has anyone with kids taken possession of there 15 wrx yet? If so would you be willing to share a pick of a rear facing car seat in place? I wonder how tight it will be for my wife with my daughter in back. In the 14 wagon it was fine, but not sure on the 15 sedan.

As a side note i have always laughed when the spell checker finds WRX and STI as a misspelling on this site. We should add that to the custom dictionary.
    I am 6 feet tall. I set the drivers seat to a comfy distance, and then went and sat in the back seat. My knees didn't even touch the back of the drivers seat. So while I haven't had a car seat in there, I'm pretty confident it would fit if I, at 6 feet tall, can't even touch my knees due to the abundant space.

-GhostStrykre

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Two things(for now pending more research) about the '15 WRX that may be of GRAVE concern to those doing their HOME-WORK:

1. The Turbo doesn't spool up and is ready to DELIVER at 2000 RPM but it happens MUCH later at closer to 3500 RPM.

2. Gas mileage is closer to 16-18 MPG if you drive is spiritedly.

If any soul, assuming there are still any left, want to substantiate this from their OWN test drives and ownership impressions, feel free but until then we must continue to fight the good fight and defer until our own research is over-ripened like a brown banana.

I'm deferring my order until way more research and more time cause this monstrosity is just not showing up at stealers and who wants to make a decision off inane drivel and nonsense. For example, besides the above paramount, not making the CV-Tragic available in Base model should THROW UP many CHECKERED FLAGS! check that, Soob is now a suspect in grand larceny attempts. Ofcourse, limiting availability and not availing TESTERS so noone can test drive turbo spool or gas mileage means..means, what's that sound?? That the sound of your DOWNFALL! wop wop wop wahhhh!!! You want the truth but can't handle nor control it!
    You seem to keep bringing up the no CVT on the base model, but I feel like it's not too unreasonable. Take the Evo for example, you can't get it in auto transmission unless you get the top line model. The ideology is that the kind of people who can't drive a manuel and absolutely need to have automatic transmission would most likely enjoy the extra comforts of the winter package. And honestly, if you cannot afford the little bit extra to get the premium package with CVT then you probably shouldn't be buying a WRX at this time. You don't want to be stretching your wallet on a car that you clearly have doubts on. Save up more, test drive and wait for dealer demos to be sold.