The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 118
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox I can't imagine what it must be like to be in your brain all day long. ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I can't imagine what it must be like to be in your brain all day long.

Your posts are exhausting to read.
    Haha, I actually thought this one made a little more sense than some of his previous posts. Plus, the CV-Tragic line was gold.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

I concur
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Two things(for now pending more research) about the '15 WRX that may be of GRAVE concern to those doing their HOME-WORK:

1. The Turbo doesn't spool up and is ready to DELIVER at 2000 RPM but it happens MUCH later at closer to 3500 RPM.

2. Gas mileage is closer to 16-18 MPG if you drive is spiritedly.

If any soul, assuming there are still any left, want to substantiate this from their OWN test drives and ownership impressions, feel free but until then we must continue to fight the good fight and defer until our own research is over-ripened like a brown banana.
    There is already a dyno posted on the stock 2015 WRX:
    Dyno tested: 2015 Subaru WRX vs. 2015 Subaru WRX STI - Road & Track

The turbo is building linear power. Look at it compared to the 2015 STI. It is making far more torque than the EJ engine in the STI model where power is more usable lower in the RPM band. I really don't see a problem with this at all.

As for gas mpg, sure if you flog the car the entire time you will average well below EPA. This is true of every single car I have ever owned? Do you honestly think you can drive like a bat out of hell 100% of the time and expect to get 25mpg? This is an AWD performance sedan. Users at Nasioc and published reviews seem to indicate that the car can easily hit published EPA numbers if you drive it conservatively (that means with a mix of spirited driving).

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Can someone who's taken delivery of the 2015 take some photos and detail the different multi-function display modes?
    Not mine, but someone posted this earlier in the thread. Towards the middle of the gallery there are pictures of all the display modes.

2015 WRX Limited - Imgur

has anyone seen crash test ratings for the 15 WRX yet? For those that have already received their car was anything posted on the window sticker?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Can someone who's taken delivery of the 2015 take some photos and detail the different multi-function display modes?
    Good question! Someone get on that lol

Edit: looks like someone already did.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    has anyone seen crash test ratings for the 15 WRX yet? For those that have already received their car was anything posted on the window sticker?
    I was interested in this as well, coming from one of the best rated cars. The sticker on the one I saw said not available or not tested -- something along those lines -- for all the crash ratings.

The Rallysportdirect guys say that the spool of the turbo is incredibly quick compared to other gens.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    Got 5 star ANCAP rating

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Two things(for now pending more research) about the '15 WRX that may be of GRAVE concern to those doing their HOME-WORK:
    you are an idiot.

Oh look...it has a VF094 turbo!!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    you are an idiot.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Oh look...it has a VF094 turbo!!!!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

just got word from my dealer, my WRX is in!! unfortunately my salesman has the day off.. so i gotta wait til tomorrow. i ran by the dealer before going to work and snapped some photos tho. they let me get in. the harmon kardon system was sounding fantastic. the exhaust has a nice rumble at idle. i didn't get to drive it tho. this all works out because it gave me time to switch shifts with a co-worker to get this tomorrow and get thursday off for driving.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	143401

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.