The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 117

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dannymac63 My 13 GTi was

.5k under MSRP and the dealer paid taxes/fees. Along with 0% financing ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dannymac63 View Post
    My 13 GTi was $2.5k under MSRP and the dealer paid taxes/fees. Along with 0% financing I was quite happy.
    That's fantastic. Unfortunately that's very rare.

I believe SOA is offering 2.9% right now.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is there any information on the 2015s with Navigation supporting Apple CarPlay by chance? Couldn't find any info besides that Subaru will "eventually" support it from Apple's press release.

Hopefully if it isn't supported yet it will just be an update to the 2015s you can apply at the dealer instead of a whole new Nav unit!

Quote Originally Posted by GSquared View Post
    Is there any information on the 2015s with Navigation supporting Apple CarPlay by chance? Couldn't find any info besides that Subaru will "eventually" support it from Apple's press release.

Hopefully if it isn't supported yet it will just be an update to the 2015s you can apply at the dealer instead of a whole new Nav unit!
    Per an earlier discussion in this thread, the 2015 does not include it. I also wouldn't expect it in current vehicles on the road via a software update. It most likely would be on new, future vehicles that already have the software in the head unit from the factory.

Is there any information on the 2015s with Navigation supporting Apple CarPlay by chance?
    The navi unit on the 2015 WRX does not support CarPlay. It does provide for limited smartphone integration through Aha.

Unlikely.. Apple has a very structured release plan for CarPlay, due in part to its agreements with the auto manufactures. CarPlay will be available this year only on a very select number of 2015 models. I would expect much higher availability in the 2016 models, likely including Subaru. Due again to the agreements with the auto manufactures, I doubt there will be any aftermarket options till 2016 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandingus View Post
    The navi unit on the 2015 WRX does not support CarPlay. It does provide for limited smartphone integration through Aha.

Unlikely.. Apple has a very structured release plan for CarPlay, due in part to its agreements with the auto manufactures. CarPlay will be available this year only on a very select number of 2015 models. I would expect much higher availability in the 2016 models, likely including Subaru. Due again to the agreements with the auto manufactures, I doubt there will be any aftermarket options till 2016 at the earliest.
    Alright, thanks for the information! Yeah sounds like it will probably be in the 2016+ models. Oh well.

And sorry Twisted, read a large bit of the thread but guess I did not get to that part! Thanks as well.

Went to my local dealership yesterday. They have already sold 3 or 4 2015s and didn't have any on the lot. I was told that if I order mine before the 15th of this month I could get delivery in less than a month. After that date it would be closer to 2 months.

Th issue is they won't have another '15 available for test drive until after the 15th.

Am I confident enough that I will love this car to buy it without test driving it? Yes. Do I feel a little reckless doing so, Yes.

Basically my one hold up right now is color, really torn between DGM and GBP. If I can make a decision on that before the 15th I think I am going to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    Here is the standard key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for posting, that's what i was afraid of. It looks just like my outback key. Now my wife will be trying to take the rex for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by jtknights_08 View Post
    Woah did anyone else catch that hes getting his in a month after ordering?!?! Im looking at almost 3 months lol... congratz man Im in same boat, been looking for over 3yrs. Now where can you only pay 500 for fees and taxes. Im sitting at 2400 for all that on a base
    Sorry i guess i could have spelled that out better. The excitement must have been the culprit. Invoice with accessories was 29700 Less 500 = 29200 + dealer fees of 500 = 29700 + tax 1603 = 31300 out the door. roughly a month out, but it was already ordered and i searched the state for the right car that had not been taken yet.

And sorry Twisted, read a large bit of the thread but guess I did not get to that part! Thanks as well.
    I hope I didn't come off rude like some people do about searching. I know I miss a lot and this thread is huge. I just didn't want to take credit for someone else's research or knowledge.

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Two things(for now pending more research) about the '15 WRX that may be of GRAVE concern to those doing their HOME-WORK:

1. The Turbo doesn't spool up and is ready to DELIVER at 2000 RPM but it happens MUCH later at closer to 3500 RPM.

2. Gas mileage is closer to 16-18 MPG if you drive is spiritedly.

If any soul, assuming there are still any left, want to substantiate this from their OWN test drives and ownership impressions, feel free but until then we must continue to fight the good fight and defer until our own research is over-ripened like a brown banana.

I'm deferring my order until way more research and more time cause this monstrosity is just not showing up at stealers and who wants to make a decision off inane drivel and nonsense. For example, besides the above paramount, not making the CV-Tragic available in Base model should THROW UP many CHECKERED FLAGS! check that, Soob is now a suspect in grand larceny attempts. Ofcourse, limiting availability and not availing TESTERS so noone can test drive turbo spool or gas mileage means..means, what's that sound?? That the sound of your DOWNFALL! wop wop wop wahhhh!!! You want the truth but can't handle nor control it!
    Last edited by AccordV62Wrx; 04-08-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Two things(for now pending more research) about the '15 WRX that may be of GRAVE concern to those doing their HOME-WORK:

1. The Turbo doesn't spool up and is ready to DELIVER at 2000 RPM but it happens MUCH later at closer to 3500 RPM.

If any soul, assuming there are still any left, want to substantiate this from their OWN test drives and ownership impressions, feel free but until then we must continue to fight the good fight and defer until our own research is over-ripened like a brown banana.

I'm deferring my order until way more research and more time cause this monstrosity is just not showing up at stealers and who wants to make a decision off inane drivel and nonsense. For example, besides the above paramount, not making the CV-Tragic available in Base model should THROW UP many CHECKERED FLAGS! check that, Soob is now a suspect in grand larceny attempts. Ofcourse, limiting availability and not availing TESTERS so noone can test drive turbo spool or gas mileage means..means, what's that sound?? That the sound of your DOWNFALL! wop wop wop wahhhh!!! You want the truth but can't handle nor control it!
    U mean RED FLAGS I believe? Although race tracks should certainly be on the mind with this car discussion
    2014 Subaru WRX Limited Sedan in Crystal Black Silica
    Mods - STi Short Throw Shifter w/ Cobb Bushings, Cobb Tuning Race Red Shift Knob, Totsubo Front License Plate Mount, Corsa CBE
    2009 Acura RDX w/ Tech Package in Grigio Metallic

Retired: 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS 5-speed, 2005 Acura RSX Type-S 6-speed, 2010 Honda Accord Couple EX-L V6 6-speed.

Not sure if this has been posted already.. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq55...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by Subiaficionado; 04-08-2014 at 01:59 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post

I can't imagine what it must be like to be in your brain all day long.

Your posts are exhausting to read.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Not sure if this has been posted already.. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq55...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by Subiaficionado; 04-08-2014 at 10:48 AM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Can someone who's taken delivery of the 2015 take some photos and detail the different multi-function display modes?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 117 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127167 ... LastLast