The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 115
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by gizmo0034 If you've already made your deposit and signed the preorder forms then you should have your ...

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    If you've already made your deposit and signed the preorder forms then you should have your final price already. If not then Edmunds is a good source for MSRP and Invoice prices. Sometimes they are a little off but usually only by $100-$200 maximum. You can build the car that you ordered.

2015 Subaru WRX Review | Edmunds.com
    Ooh perfect. Thank you. So I went through and added all my options for a Launch Edition with Pop Package 1, Security Sensor, all-weather mats, and a rear bumper protection and came up with....
    Invoice: $36,766
    MSRP: $39,181
    True Market Value: $38,796

So the number I got of $39,296 is not bad. Your thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    FYI:
    4/3 WRX and STI optional Performance Exhaust upgrade on hold.
    Due to an undisclosed issue, Subaru is not shipping any cars with, or accepting new orders for, the upgraded Performance Exhaust option.
    If you ordered a car with it, the delivery will be pushed back, with availability restarting (hopefully) in June.
    With any new car, with all the new computer programming, new parts, and new vendors, that there are some problems or delays shouldn't be a surprise. And Subaru is very proactive in fixing things as soon as they can.
    Joe, did you buy with the exhaust?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    FYI:
    4/3 WRX and STI optional Performance Exhaust upgrade on hold.
    Due to an undisclosed issue, Subaru is not shipping any cars with, or accepting new orders for, the upgraded Performance Exhaust option.
    If you ordered a car with it, the delivery will be pushed back, with availability restarting (hopefully) in June.
    With any new car, with all the new computer programming, new parts, and new vendors, that there are some problems or delays shouldn't be a surprise. And Subaru is very proactive in fixing things as soon as they can.
    I noticed this on another forum too. Some people who have already taken ownership of their STIs with upgraded exhaust are being called back to have them temporarily replaced. I believe it has something to do with faulty welds, but this is not confirmed. I wonder if my dealership was able to place my order, I don't mind waited extra time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    I've never really bought a new car before. Should I walk in there, having had it pre-ordered for a month, and tell them I'm going to walk out if they wont sell it to me for 37,395? I don't mind playing hardball but I want to make sure I know the rules of engagement.
    based off of what this forum, and some previous car buying experience, has taught me, you aren't obligated to buy anything until you sign for it. even if you put a deposit down, that's not buying the car. that SHOULD BE refundable. i'm pretty sure you said you checked out wagner in fairborn, oh (which is where my WRX is coming from). the guys there didn't require a deposit or anything from me and from what i understand that's standard procedure for them. not sure if it's different because of the launch edition.

but that being said, unless you signed your name, and i mean physically signed it with a signature, then you're not obligated. it is very poor business practice on the consumer end to abandon a preorder, because you're essentially going against your word, but legally you are not required to purchase anything until you sign. lol, if you don't buy your preorder then usually a dealer will refuse to preorder anything for you ever again, or they might just deny you business going forward (i'm not sure how a dealer will react, but the point here is that you can't be sued, unless the dealer wants that kind of negative publicity). there could be discussions of a verball agreement, yadda yadda, but if you don't like the car you take on preorder then you don't like it. **PLEASE** someone else on the forum, correct me if i'm wrong on any of this, because Cee deserves to know.

i know the guys at wagner pretty well. i'm sure if you go in there and try to negotiate, and not yell at them/screw them over, they'll work with you. you may not get invoice, but they might hack off $500 to $1000. depends on what you're comfortable doing. me personally, i'm non-confrontational and i don't get as good of deals as some people here on the forums get. i give up too easily. it's a weakness.

I see quite a bit of old school forum members buying the 2015's. Here and other places.

That's a good sign!

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    I see quite a bit of old school forum members buying the 2015's. Here and other places.

That's a good sign!
    It's a sign that things have changed enough for people to swap out some older cars. I think we are a good 2 to 4 years away from this generation reaching its true potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    It's a sign that things have changed enough for people to swap out some older cars. I think we are a good 2 to 4 years away from this generation reaching its true potential though.
    I see you on that other forum

You got the DGM right? With the block heater cord hanging out of the grill? lol :P

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I think we are a good 2 to 4 years away from this generation reaching its true potential though.
    As in available aftermarket parts?

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    I see you on that other forum

You got the DGM right? With the block heater cord hanging out of the grill? lol :P
    Galaxy Blue, but yes that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    As in available aftermarket parts?
    For sure, but don't you think that Subaru are going to raise the limits at some point to keep up with changes made by other manufacturers?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Joe, did you buy with the exhaust?
    No,I'm just too damn cheap to step up.I'm saving my $ for a nice set of forged lightweight 18" wheels.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Not sure if this album has been posted here but TONS of pictures of the CWP (think that's the right name) WRX

2015 WRX Limited - Imgur

How long did it take you folks to get a VIN after receiving a VON? Just got my order number today, hoping the VIN and some good news is soon to follow.
    2015 STi Launch Edition

Good news! after talking with one salesman at my local dealer I got him down to $100 over invoice.

I'm getting the WRX base with 6MT in DGM. The only thing i'm unsure about is the options. I would like the trunk spoiler and I've read a lot of yall get the center arm rest upgrade. My question is about the short throw shifter. The salesman said that would be worth the money (its only $400). I think it is from the STI and come with the upgraded bushings. I would rather go with the factory installed option versus aftermarket. What are your opinions on it? Do any of yall have it on your new cars?

Finally are there any other options you would have to have on your car (besides limited and premium trims)?

Also I have a accessories page with some prices associated, I can put it up if anyone wants me to.

Thanks for all your help!

zax
    $400 is too much for the STS. It lists at $330

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by dannymac63 View Post
    How long did it take you folks to get a VIN after receiving a VON? Just got my order number today, hoping the VIN and some good news is soon to follow.
    I got my VON March 12, and still no VIN.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.