The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 114

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax NASIOC Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    NASIOC
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Awesome pics of GBP deleted because they're already in the thread
    That color looks better every time I see a picture of it. I'd really like to see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    As with all cars, I just don't think you can make the judgment from photos...
    Sure I can. It's merely an opinion. One would hope I don't hold that much power over the person asking the question. In the end, I would hope no one bases their color selection on responses from this forum.

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    In the end, I would hope no one bases their color selection on responses from this forum.
    One thing we can conclude tho is that the '15 looks better in MORE colors and even the basic silver pops with these new body panels which seem 110% brand new from the '14s<. This car is destined to grow on even the staunch critics and also looks to age very well. Besides the basic silver, even that dark gray looks good on this '15 as does the aforementioned silver. You would expect the usual Blue, White and Red to pop but man more colors means more interest and more $sales as soobsasu laughs all the way to the BANK! Money gone!! For example, the outgoing never looked so buttoned down with its huge hood and front bumper extended past the hood like buck teeth even in black. It looks more Tight from front and back and professional for lack of a better word. Too bad they don't have them in stock for us to view in person and really get frothy about or even impulse purchase.
    Last edited by AccordV62Wrx; 04-06-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Can't wait till they start producing aftermarket part see what sort of gains this engine can benefit from.
    Would really like to see the what the WRX with some good tires and minor mods can do vs. the STi in the track.

Not sure why it double posted..

I'm a bit curious, on the accessories page for building a WRX on SOA site, the Side Moldings for $229.95, are these just the regular side moldings you typically see on every 2015? Or are they a little extra lip or something. I'm just confused, doesn't every 2015 come with a basic side molding? The accessories area on SOA describes them as "Attractive, color-matched moldings coordinate with the styling of the vehicle while helping to protect doors from unsightly dings." No pic, so are they the same or different, are they not included?

Can anyone weigh in?

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Is that more than msrp? I wouldn't let them sell you on the "only 1000" idea, in the end it's a car with gold wheels. And while a lot of people do love the car, the number of people who can afford the car and who are willing to buy one with gold wheels is not that high. Paying 2k more than invoice is too much in my opinion, work that number down.

I'm not exactly sure how to find out what MSRP is on the Launch Edition specifically. I haven't seen it listed. Any idea where to find that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    I'm a bit curious, on the accessories page for building a WRX on SOA site, the Side Moldings for $229.95, are these just the regular side moldings you typically see on every 2015? Or are they a little extra lip or something. I'm just confused, doesn't every 2015 come with a basic side molding? The accessories area on SOA describes them as "Attractive, color-matched moldings coordinate with the styling of the vehicle while helping to protect doors from unsightly dings." No pic, so are they the same or different, are they not included?

Can anyone weigh in?
    The body side moldings have always been an option. It's just the little strip of plastic that runs along the middle of the door. So if someone opens their door into yours it will damage the protruding molding first. I personally don't like them but, they aren't too bad.

E.G - See that extra part in the middle of the doors. That is the body side molding. Now clearly this is a 3rd gen but the overall look would be the same on the 2015s.

EDIT: Found a pic of the 2015
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how to find out what MSRP is on the Launch Edition specifically. I haven't seen it listed. Any idea where to find that?
    You should be able to simply ask the dealer. It'll be on the window sticker so they won't try to hide it from you. A quick Google search yielded a price of "priced from $37,395".

-GhostStrykre

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    You should be able to simply ask the dealer. It'll be on the window sticker so they won't try to hide it from you. A quick Google search yielded a price of "priced from $37,395".

-GhostStrykre
    I've never really bought a new car before. Should I walk in there, having had it pre-ordered for a month, and tell them I'm going to walk out if they wont sell it to me for 37,395? I don't mind playing hardball but I want to make sure I know the rules of engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    The body side moldings have always been an option. It's just the little strip of plastic that runs along the middle of the door. So if someone opens their door into yours it will damage the protruding molding first. I personally don't like them but, they aren't too bad.

E.G - See that extra part in the middle of the doors.
    Ah, I see now. Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking of something else. Thanks dude.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    I've never really bought a new car before. Should I walk in there, having had it pre-ordered for a month, and tell them I'm going to walk out if they wont sell it to me for 37,395? I don't mind playing hardball but I want to make sure I know the rules of engagement.
    If you've already made your deposit and signed the preorder forms then you should have your final price already. If not then Edmunds is a good source for MSRP and Invoice prices. Sometimes they are a little off but usually only by $100-$200 maximum. You can build the car that you ordered.

2015 Subaru WRX Review | Edmunds.com

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    FYI:
    4/3 WRX and STI optional Performance Exhaust upgrade on hold.
    Due to an undisclosed issue, Subaru is not shipping any cars with, or accepting new orders for, the upgraded Performance Exhaust option.
    If you ordered a car with it, the delivery will be pushed back, with availability restarting (hopefully) in June.
    With any new car, with all the new computer programming, new parts, and new vendors, that there are some problems or delays shouldn't be a surprise. And Subaru is very proactive in fixing things as soon as they can.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    Hey everyone new to the forum, I'm very close to pulling the trigger and ordering a 2015 WRX, has anyone ordered their WRX through a Virginia dealer or somewhere close? Tranck I guess right now you are closest in NC.

This will be my first new car so if yall have any tips about how to get them down to invoice pricing? Just keep bouncing offers back and forth off of different dealers?

thanks for your help, for your patience here is a new article I haven't seen on this thread yet
    Subaru is apparently going to build a hatch after all (it was posted yesterday):
    Hell Yes There Might Be A Subaru WRX Hatchback Coming
    I'm in Richmond, VA, and I got invoice from a local dealer without too much hassle. I just emailed all the dealers within easy driving distance to get a quote. You probably won't get their best price initially, but you can keep using the lowest quote you receive to get them to move down to the lowest price they're willing to deal at. I'm sure there are other approaches out there, but this worked for me, at least.