The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 113

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ghoststrykre Interesting article. I'm still stoked bout my sedan, but I'm sure this would ruffle the feathers ...

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    Interesting article. I'm still stoked bout my sedan, but I'm sure this would ruffle the feathers of some early adopters if it came to fruition too soon:
    Subaru WRX Sport Hatch Being Considered Due to US Demand

-GhostStrykre
    No ruffled feathers here - I am looking at my 2015 sedan for the second morning and I like everything about the way this car looks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    No ruffled feathers here - I am looking at my 2015 sedan for the second morning and I like everything about the way this car looks!
    That's what they call "adaptive preference". You don't really like it your just trying to convince yourself you do.

lol
    j/k
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Seriously though, your new WRX in the Galaxy Blue is quite beautiful.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Seriously though, your new WRX in the Galaxy Blue is quite beautiful.
    I'll try to get some front LED images later. For those who are thinking about the cloth seats they are very comfortable and look really nice.

I'll try to get some front LED images later. For those who are thinking about the cloth seats they are very comfortable and look really nice.
    Raven post some pictures, also what did you get? Base 6Spd?
    Some pics of the base interior would be nice.
    That's exactly what I'm looking at.

Had a nice 1/2 day on the slopes ... 3/4 of the drive on wet roads was amazing ... last few miles of slush to snow on summer tires made it a bit sportier ... still a great day to ski/drive.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2202.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	143057

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    I'm loving the volume of Ohio drivers here! Yeah I was just talking about 2k under invoice. I think that's crazy on a brand new release. I got 1k off msrp and was happy with that. Sure I could have pushed for more bit at the time I was just expecting to pay msrp, if not more. In hindsight I should have pushed for cheaper, but oh well. Lesson learned. I'm still just happy to be getting this sucker soon.

-GhostStrykre
    I was given a price of $39,296 for the launch edition with the package below. Should I be trying to haggle with the dealer to get that down? Seems crazy to try and lowball the guy considering there's only 1000 of them out there.

Popular Package 1.
    Keyless Entry & Start
    Heated Mirrors, windshield wipers, and seats,
    Auto Dimming Mirror Compass and Homelink
    Leather center armrest
    Cargo Tray,
    Bumper Protection Film,
    Wheel Locks,
    Security system,
    All weather Mats,
    Short throw leather shifter.

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    For those who are thinking about the cloth seats they are very comfortable and look really nice.
    Another bonus is non-leather cloth material seats come default and de-FACT-to on Base Wrxs which is what I and my group buy connects are interested in. I'm not sure if it is the chair or the actual material but the LEATHER seats on the <=14s led directly to back problems. The leather in the <14 was unimpressive so have to sit in the '15s leather in order to confirm prior to purcha$e!. bye bye 2 group buy then.
    Last edited by AccordV62Wrx; 04-06-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    Raven post some pictures, also what did you get? Base 6Spd?
    Some pics of the base interior would be nice.
    That's exactly what I'm looking at.
    I already posted exterior pics, will try to capture some interior tonight. Canadian mid-level, so basically a Premium but we get the LED lights (and pay more than you for the pleasure).

Quote Originally Posted by jimnassium View Post
    ... last few miles of slush to snow on summer tires made it a bit sportier ...
    How were the summers on the slush and snow? I put winters on before moving the car from the dealership, but then the weather has been good since LMAO! The good thing is that the car feels nice on the winters (Xi3), and not wanting to wear them out straight away is helping me keep things calm during the break-in

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    I was given a price of $39,296 for the launch edition with the package below. Should I be trying to haggle with the dealer to get that down? Seems crazy to try and lowball the guy considering there's only 1000 of them out there.

Popular Package 1.
    Keyless Entry & Start
    Heated Mirrors, windshield wipers, and seats,
    Auto Dimming Mirror Compass and Homelink
    Leather center armrest
    Cargo Tray,
    Bumper Protection Film,
    Wheel Locks,
    Security system,
    All weather Mats,
    Short throw leather shifter.
    Is that more than msrp? I wouldn't let them sell you on the "only 1000" idea, in the end it's a car with gold wheels. And while a lot of people do love the car, the number of people who can afford the car and who are willing to buy one with gold wheels is not that high. Paying 2k more than invoice is too much in my opinion, work that number down.

Raven sorry didn't notice that was you that already put up pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Is that more than msrp? I wouldn't let them sell you on the "only 1000" idea, in the end it's a car with gold wheels. And while a lot of people do love the car, the number of people who can afford the car and who are willing to buy one with gold wheels is not that high. Paying 2k more than invoice is too much in my opinion, work that number down.
    I agree with this. Don't overpay for the launch. especially if this will be your daily driver. The launch editions are cool as a collectible, but high mileage collectibles are worth a lot less. So if it's gonna be your daily driver, just get a limited STi at invoicish.

-GhostStrykre

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The USDM WRX STi went to 5x114.3 in 2005. That's why I suggested grabbing STi BBS wheels before they skyrocket in price. Just as an FYI, a set of 2004 17x7.5 BBS wheels (5x100) go for $1500 while a set of 2005-2007 17x8 STi BBS (5x114.3) wheels go for $400-500. This is supply and demand. WRX owners grab up the BBS wheels that fit 5x100 hubs. But that's about to change...

2005-2007 STi BBS wheels are also much heavier...
    Where can one find the 17x8 STi BBS (5x114.3) for $400-$500?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnassium View Post
    Where can one find the 17x8 STi BBS (5x114.3) for $400-$500?
    NASIOC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I already posted exterior pics, will try to capture some interior tonight. Canadian mid-level, so basically a Premium but we get the LED lights (and pay more than you for the pleasure).

How were the summers on the slush and snow? I put winters on before moving the car from the dealership, but then the weather has been good since LMAO! The good thing is that the car feels nice on the winters (Xi3), and not wanting to wear them out straight away is helping me keep things calm during the break-in
    Not too well ... a corner slush surprise had me sliding a bit more than I wanted, but came around in time ... after that I slowed a bit til I got to the parking lot ... then I had a little fun til others started showing up ... I plan to get some winter ones before next winter.