The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 112
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Subiaficionado You know, you guys up north are really lucky to be able to get the new ...

Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post
    You know, you guys up north are really lucky to be able to get the new WRXs at invoice or a little below invoice, that is a great deal. I hate buying cars down here in South Fl. I'm not sure if this happens upstate, but a lot of stealerships here in Fl add this so called "protection package" adding easily an extra $700-800 fee to the sticker. When you ask them, what is that "protection package", they tell you is a special spray they put on the seats to protect the cars from spills and such.. I kid you not guys.. Down here, it's very rare for a dealer to even budge budge $100 below MSRP. Btw, have any of you been successful before using TrueCar.com??
    Whaaa? Can't you just ask them to not add that? say you aren't buying anything from them that has that on it. That's nuts.

-GhostStrykre

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You know, you guys up north are really lucky to be able to get the new WRXs at invoice or a little below invoice, that is a great deal. I hate buying cars down here in South Fl. I'm not sure if this happens upstate, but a lot of stealerships here in Fl add this so called "protection package" adding easily an extra $700-800 fee to the sticker. When you ask them, what is that "protection package", they tell you is a special spray they put on the seats to protect the cars from spills and such.. I kid you not guys.. Down here, it's very rare for a dealer to even budge budge $100 below MSRP. Btw, have any of you been successful before using TrueCar.com??
    That sucks. If you're buying new without a trade in, don't be afraid of buying from a far away dealer. There's actually a guy on this site that sells for $500 below invoice and ships throughout the US for $400.

I've used Hassle-free car-buying experience from a nationwide network of certified dealers. - TrueCar a lot, it's a great little site. You can use it as a negotiation piece as well, look for prices around your area ~ 200 miles away. Find the lowest around print it out and take it to a local dealership. If you ask them to match the price they might grunt, but chances are pretty high that they will match it. If not, try another.

I know it sounds nutz but it's true. I'm telling you. I've mentioned if they can not add it to the vehicle I want but they've said they can't since it's been already applied to the car, lol..
    Crazy I know, I've felt at times I want to report them to the BBB. I honestly think it's a cultural issue as well.
    That's cool about the guy that sells below invoice and ships across state, will have to look at that option as well.

EDIT: let's not go in that direction. We have rules against race comments.
    Last edited by TheJ; 04-06-2014 at 11:45 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Moron, yes there is...here's proof..You must be an alien like the rest of the kind here cause you don't live in this world nor are your from it either! You're an ALIEN Troll..JOY(Jokes On You)

My Threads
    My Subaru Parts for sale

MR MG is an unknown quantity at this point
    Default Re: Post pics of your new 2015
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michalwrx View Post
    What dealer did u get it from ??? I live in Chicago too, and I was able to get mine for $1700 under invoice !

I can back MichalWRX up. We ended up ordering 3 STI's and qualified for VIP pricing and "loyalty" discounts having bought multiple cars between the 3 of us.
    MichalWRX ended up with the best deal at $1700 under invoice factoring in his sick deal on his trade in.

I was able to get a base for $34,185 with Navi,keyless, HK

from this vastly superior clientele to this site:

2015+ STI Discussion - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    This thread is for a quality, fun, discussion on the 2015 WRX/STi, there is no need for bashing and name calling...
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I'm really shocked Florida is so bad for car sales. A number of years ago my old man was looking for a truck and there were some killer deals in florida. Beat the snot out of the deals in ohio. Odd.

-GhostStrykre

I Support ClubWRX
    I know it sounds nutz but it's true. I'm telling you, Miami at times doesn't even feel like the US. I've mentioned if they can not add it to the vehicle I want but they've said they can't since it's been already applied to the car, lol..
    Crazy I know, I've felt at times I want to report them to the BBB. I honestly think it's a cultural issue as well. Americans aren't as "malicious" when it comes to selling cars, whereas latin seller will reap you off as much as they can, and their dealer buddies will applaud them for doing so..
    That's cool about the guy that sells below invoice and ships across state, will have to look at that option as well.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/vehicl...ubwrx-net.html

I haven't worked with him personally, but he gets a lot of compliments.

^^wow, that would be sweet, thanks!

Interesting article. I'm still stoked bout my sedan, but I'm sure this would ruffle the feathers of some early adopters if it came to fruition too soon:
    http://www.autoevolution.com/news/su...and-79608.html

-GhostStrykre

Quote Originally Posted by RobDMB View Post
    I preordered a DMG WRX and am not having second thoughts on the color and wondering if I should have gone with the Ice Silver. I am not one who wants to be washing my car weekly and am wondering if the Silver would be a better choice long term in terms of hiding scratches/dirt, etc. Any thoughts?
    While I went with a '14 hatch, I was in the same boat as you. DGM was my first choice, with ISM being a close second. I just sold off my old silver '99 Maxima and I still own a silver '99 Forester. I owned the Maxima since new and I assure you that , with 45K miles on it, there wasn't a better '99 paint job out there. Clay barred, paint cleaned, polished and waxed on a number of occasions. While it was quite shiny, even at its cleanest, it just didn't hold a candle to clean dark cars.

My thoughts are as follows:

DGM: Gorgeous when clean, but hard to keep that way. Not fun to look at when dirty (which it will be after any sort of driving).

ISM: Very nice when clean and so-so when dirty.

Now, does either color look better in the '15 body style? I've seen pics of both, and I'd still have to go for the DGM, especially given the factory wheels. Given my past cars, you know I'm not a silver hater. But it's my second choice in this matter.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    While I went with a '14 hatch, I was in the same boat as you. DGM was my first choice, with ISM being a close second. I just sold off my old silver '99 Maxima and I still own a silver '99 Forester. I owned the Maxima since new and I assure you that , with 45K miles on it, there wasn't a better '99 paint job out there. Clay barred, paint cleaned, polished and waxed on a number of occasions. While it was quite shiny, even at its cleanest, it just didn't hold a candle to clean dark cars.

My thoughts are as follows:

DGM: Gorgeous when clean, but hard to keep that way. Not fun to look at when dirty (which it will be after any sort of driving).

ISM: Very nice when clean and so-so when dirty.

Now, does either color look better in the '15 body style? I've seen pics of both, and I'd still have to go for the DGM, especially given the factory wheels. Given my past cars, you know I'm not a silver hater. But it's my second choice in this matter.
    As with all cars, I just don't think you can make the judgment from photos...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    This thread is for a quality, fun, discussion on the 2015 WRX/STi, there is no need for bashing and name calling...
    +1

Gang, please let's keep things civil. No name calling, no racial references, etc.

I don't want to have to take time going through cleaning up the thread and I don't want to lock what has been so far a really good thread.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    Interesting article. I'm still stoked bout my sedan, but I'm sure this would ruffle the feathers of some early adopters if it came to fruition too soon:
    Subaru WRX Sport Hatch Being Considered Due to US Demand

-GhostStrykre
    If it's true, it was a smart way to clear out the 2014 inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    If it's true, it was a smart way to clear out the 2014 inventory.
    I was just thinking about this last night. The dealer I ordered from bought a bunch of 2014 wrx's in February and has sold them to customers.

It made me wonder if dealers specifically grab a bunch before new model years because they know several people will come in trying to grab a deal. It moves cars and makes them look good. At least that's my conclusion based on no facts lol.

-GhostStrykre

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/vehicl...ubwrx-net.html

I haven't worked with him personally, but he gets a lot of compliments.
    i just spoke to Clayton last week and will be able to tell from first hand experience soon if all the great things we hear about him are true. He seems like good people.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.