The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1934

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Dat 1.10g cornering doe!!!!! "Capable of" and actually pulling that lat accel are two different scenarios. ...

  1. #151
    zax
    zax is offline
    umad?erator zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    11,662
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Dat 1.10g cornering doe!!!!!
    "Capable of" and actually pulling that lat accel are two different scenarios. If it can really do this, I'm sure the tires are somewhat responsible. I am sure the CVT will pull a higher lat accel than the 6mt thanks to torque vectoring.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #152
    Registered User jamie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Aloha, OR
    Posts
    823
    For me, no hatch is a deal breaker. Guess I'll be waiting for the new Golf R to come out. And the motor in the 2014 FXT hits peak torque at 2000rpms, so why in the WRX it's 4400 rpms? In my ex's 2014 FXT, it's a smooth motor, and the powerband is much more linear then my WRX. Doesn't pack a punch like my car does. I was hoping that if they made it a 6-speed, it would have similiar gearing for 1-5 as the current gen, and 6th would be an overdrive of sorts. I'm guessing probably the same ratios as the current STI. That dash looks like it was pulled right from the Forester, I thought they WRX was going to be "it's own car." Really disappointed, but I hated the 2008 WRX when it first came out, so hopefully that will change. I wonder how much it weighs? Why rear biased split in the CVT but not the manual. Booo!!!
    Last edited by jamie007; 11-15-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

    Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

  4. #153
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,304
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    "Capable of" and actually pulling that lat accel are two different scenarios. If it can really do this, I'm sure the tires are somewhat responsible. I am sure the CVT will pull a higher lat accel than the 6mt thanks to torque vectoring.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I imagine a lighter engine going back to the 2.0L will help balancing as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  5. #154
    zax
    zax is offline
    umad?erator zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    11,662
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I imagine a lighter engine going back to the 2.0L will help balancing as well.
    I don't believe displacement is much indication for weight in this circumstance.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  6. #155
    Registered User itiswhatitisnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    230
    Tad bit of STI news...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The debuts of the 2015 Subaru WRX and the Legacy Concept at the Los Angeles Auto Show next week are kind of hogging the Subaru spotlight, making it easy to forget that there is a more potent, more aggressive version of the small sedan waiting in the wings. And based on a rumor from Australia, we'll see the sportier WRX STI at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

    The report comes from Motoring in Australia, which claims that a more potent version of the WRX will make its debut in the Motor City, and that it will do so with an even 300 horsepower (five fewer than the current STI) and 290 pound-feet of torque (identical to the current car). Aside from the more potent 2.5-liter turbocharged flat four, the STI should boast the regular spread of aesthetic upgrades and suspension, brake, chassis and transmission tweaks.

    Of course, next week's debut of the 2015 WRX should shed some light on an eventual STI

  7. #156
    Registered User jamie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Aloha, OR
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Tad bit of STI news...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The debuts of the 2015 Subaru WRX and the Legacy Concept at the Los Angeles Auto Show next week are kind of hogging the Subaru spotlight, making it easy to forget that there is a more potent, more aggressive version of the small sedan waiting in the wings. And based on a rumor from Australia, we'll see the sportier WRX STI at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

    The report comes from Motoring in Australia, which claims that a more potent version of the WRX will make its debut in the Motor City, and that it will do so with an even 300 horsepower (five fewer than the current STI) and 290 pound-feet of torque (identical to the current car). Aside from the more potent 2.5-liter turbocharged flat four, the STI should boast the regular spread of aesthetic upgrades and suspension, brake, chassis and transmission tweaks.

    Of course, next week's debut of the 2015 WRX should shed some light on an eventual STI
    What? The STI is going to have less horsepower then it does now? WTF? It better be a few hundred pounds lighter then the WRX.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

    Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

  8. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    392
    Any mileage figures yet?

  9. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    I am new here, but been following the new WRX since it was announced and so far I can see I am the minority but I like the sneak peak looks so far. Would like to see it in usual blue.

    I also recently found this and it might be the hope for the hatch people. they are making a whole new vehicle the Levorg for the Asian and Euro markets to replace the WRX in those markets.

    SCOOP: New Subaru WRX STI - motoring.com.au

  10. #159
    Registered User Upgrayedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    70


    Not too shabby

  11. #160
    Registered User Ampliified's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Warren Twp, NJ
    Posts
    660
    Me gusta
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

  12. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    23
    I'd buy that. I won't jump on the 2015 though, I'll wait to make sure there isn't an engine upgrade in the future. Unless there is a boost for the STI for the 2015 over the 2014, which I do not see in the rumor mill yet. I can wait for this.

    Also, I would like the moonroof to remain. I really like that on my 2011.

  13. #162
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,361
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post


    Not too shabby
    I must say. I like this look.

  14. #163
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,304
    The mirrors piss me off though. Why the hell are they sticking out from so low in the door???

    They kinda remind me of T-Rex arms!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  15. #164
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,361
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The mirrors piss me off though. Why the hell are they sticking out from so low in the door???
    My thought is the "real" ones might look a little less awkward (if the STi does indeed end up looking like this).

  16. #165
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,717
    I Support ClubWRX
    All the current models have their mirrors like that. I think it was discussed earlier that the reason was they wanted to accommodate that quarter glass to eliminate the A pillar blind spot.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •