The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 109

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Raven Logics There is nothing obvious, but there are two metal trim pieces which run down each ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    There is nothing obvious, but there are two metal trim pieces which run down each side of the roof. I am not willing to pull them off to find out what's underneath!
    Thanks for checking. I did read somewhere that they got rid of the covers that they used to have, but I wanted someone with the car to actually confirm. I'll experiment once I get mine in. I know the old mazdaspeeds had mounting points under the trim that you have to drill through to get at. Hopefully they at least have those hidden mount points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Bingo, This is what I need, 2.5 k below MSRP! That would be RIGHT THERE!
    2015 Subaru WRX Review | Edmunds.com

You should be able to find a dealership that will sell at the invoice price. I just ordered mine with all options at the Edmunds invoice price without negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I think it all depends on the dealership's policy/philosophy. They still make money on cars sold at invoice or under, and more than just a couple hundred bucks. There are incentives for simply moving vehicles in a timely fashion, such as holdback. Some dealerships tacitly acknowledge that and are pretty flexible, others bank on the general public not having any knowledge of that and work deals around the monthly payment amount.
    Yeah, but $2K below invoice on a 2015? Maybe on a leftover 2014, but why would a dealer lose money on a car if they don't have to? It's not like these cars are sitting on lots for months. Subaru won't even authorize VIP pricing right now. If someone is holding out for $2K under invoice it could be a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    Yeah, but $2K below invoice on a 2015? Maybe on a leftover 2014, but why would a dealer lose money on a car if they don't have to? It's not like these cars are sitting on lots for months. Subaru won't even authorize VIP pricing right now. If someone is holding out for $2K under invoice it could be a long wait.
    Again, I think that varies dealership to dealership, and by area. There have always been dealership and/or areas where they refuse to budge on pricing. There have always been dealerships that will give below invoice. I'm sure some will say to themselves and customers "well, this is a new model! No way we can come off MSRP!"

Your argument has been repeated for as long as I've been on this board, that these cars are so in demand that you can't get deals. I wasn't here for the 3rd gen launch or the launch of the widebody revision, but maybe someone who was will chime in. I'm willing to bet that this argument was had then too, and also that there were people getting deals at or below invoice.

Also, I never said anything about $2k below invoice, that's a killer deal at any point in a model run and will always be hard to find. I think that was someone else saying that 1 or 2 quotes before my post.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I ordered mine at 24,612 base, otd with tax and mandatory ohio dealer fees @ 26,980 just fyi. I found this in columbus, ohio where I live. Initially i was going with a dealer in chicago(grand subaru) who was at 25 even but Hatfield Subaru here beat it when I showed them the price. But yeah as my first new car I wanted base so I could customize it, plus I have some brand new boston acoustic speakers sitting back that came in the original boxs from good will at $16 haha. Was curious the subaru rep who brought in a 2015 to show off said the radio displays on the top digital display but controls are under. Will we be able to switch that out for a new hu?

I'm loving the volume of Ohio drivers here! Yeah I was just talking about 2k under invoice. I think that's crazy on a brand new release. I got 1k off msrp and was happy with that. Sure I could have pushed for more bit at the time I was just expecting to pay msrp, if not more. In hindsight I should have pushed for cheaper, but oh well. Lesson learned. I'm still just happy to be getting this sucker soon.

-GhostStrykre

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    If you know your way around software flashing, you might be able to flash the android system over the navi. The dealer likely wouldn't be able to tell if you flash back before a trade in. Just a thought. I might try it if the navi is really that bad.

-GhostStrykre
    The navi isn't bad. It's responsive and does what it can do good. I can even watch movies on it that's on a thumb drive. But you need to be parked with e-brake on.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    You should do a google for 2015 wrx, a LOT more people are posing video walkarounds and extended play driving impressions. Maybe you should throw up a vid with walk/driving around a bit in Gotham City.

Guys, I want to see if I can get the car for 2k below invoice so then I can get it right at 27k after TTL for Base '15 Wrx. What say yousah.
    I did post a video of just that a few pages back when I first got the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    You do realize invoice means cost to dealer (plus a couple hundred bucks). So to get that far below invoice you're asking the dealer to eat the cost a bit....for a brand new model year vehicle. I think you're bonkers to expect that. Anyone who gets invoice is lucky, let alone below it.

-GhostStrykre
    I got mine for 500 below invoice and got options and accessories at invoice price.

What Is Dealer Holdback? on Edmunds.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Pulled from FB. New turbo setup is a huge improvement!

GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    I got mine just under invoice, which is $2k under msrp. The deals are out there if you're willing to shop around dealerships. It's super easy via their internet sales departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    I got mine just under invoice, which is $2k under msrp. The deals are out there if you're willing to shop around dealerships. It's super easy via their internet sales departments.
    Yup, that's how I talked the dealership I bought from down. Just need to Email a few dealers, bounce them back and forth, and show the Emails when you do a walk-in to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post
    I bought 2 Subarus from a dealer in Raleigh, NC and he gave me slightly above invoice on them - when I asked about the new WRX - he would not budge from MSRP!

Went to another North Carolina Subaru dealer - invoice on my Galaxy Blue Limited - saved $2400.
    I'm in Raleigh, NC looking now. Can you tell me which one said MSRP and which one you bought at. Might save me some time!!

Has anyone in Texas gotten a firm delivery date yet? I think I'm getting the run around from the dealer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TimbersWRX View Post
    I'm in Raleigh, NC looking now. Can you tell me which one said MSRP and which one you bought at. Might save me some time!!
    Sure - Johnson Subaru in Cary, NC said MSRP - Strider Subaru in Asheboro gave me the $2400 off - exact same car. Jimmy Camp at Strider. Performance Subaru in Chapel Hill is higher than Johnson.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by tranck View Post
    Sure - Johnson Subaru in Cary, NC said MSRP - Strider Subaru in Asheboro gave me the $2400 off - exact same car. Jimmy Camp at Strider. Performance Subaru in Chapel Hill is higher than Johnson.

Hope that helps!
    Great information. I'm going to try Southern States first, see what they will do, if not Asheboro isn't that far.

Question for anyone that got push button start, does the door handle have a sensor in it that detects your hand or do you have to push a button on the door to unlock it?