The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 108

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Twisted For those who have the navi, does the system have smartphone apps like other cars? What ...

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    For those who have the navi, does the system have smartphone apps like other cars? What I am specifically looking for is a Pandora app.
    Negative. All you have is Aha that you need the app for on your phone and needs to be plugged in for iOS or bluetooth for android. Of course you have bluetooth, usb, radio, xm CD.

I just stream Pandora via bluetooth. Works great. Has all the tag information except album cover. You only get that via USB.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    Negative. All you have is Aha that you need the app for on your phone and needs to be plugged in for iOS or bluetooth for android. Of course you have bluetooth, usb, radio, xm CD.

I just stream Pandora via bluetooth. Works great. Has all the tag information except album cover. You only get that via USB.
    If you know your way around software flashing, you might be able to flash the android system over the navi. The dealer likely wouldn't be able to tell if you flash back before a trade in. Just a thought. I might try it if the navi is really that bad.

-GhostStrykre

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    If you know your way around software flashing, you might be able to flash the android system over the navi. The dealer likely wouldn't be able to tell if you flash back before a trade in. Just a thought. I might try it if the navi is really that bad.

-GhostStrykre
    The nav isn't that bad as far as accuracy. It's just a little clunky to use. It's the same nav my pioneer HU uses. I would much prefer something using Google maps, but the only thing I've seen using that is Audi and apparently that unit has GPS problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    380 miles, on 2nd tank of gas...still enjoying mine exactly a week later.
    You should do a google for 2015 wrx, a LOT more people are posing video walkarounds and extended play driving impressions. Maybe you should throw up a vid with walk/driving around a bit in Gotham City.

Guys, I want to see if I can get the car for 2k below invoice so then I can get it right at 27k after TTL for Base '15 Wrx. What say yousah.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    You should do a google for 2015 wrx, a LOT more people are posing video walkarounds and extended play driving impressions. Maybe you should throw up a vid with walk/driving around a bit in Gotham City.

Guys, I want to see if I can get the car for 2k below invoice so then I can get it right at 27k after TTL for Base '15 Wrx. What say yousah.
    You do realize invoice means cost to dealer (plus a couple hundred bucks). So to get that far below invoice you're asking the dealer to eat the cost a bit....for a brand new model year vehicle. I think you're bonkers to expect that. Anyone who gets invoice is lucky, let alone below it.

-GhostStrykre

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post

Invoice for a base model is $25,612. Are you sure you don't mean $2k below MSRP ($27,090)?

Thank you. That answered my question. I think for what I'm looking for, I can set up with NFC tags. I was just thinking of how other cars instantly turn on Pandora on the phone, then stream it, as soon as a bluetooth connection is made without the need for the user manually doing it. Then, being able to use the stereos controls to skip songs, and like/dislike them.

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

Thought I'd share my initial thoughts on the car. Picked it up on Sunday and have about 430 miles on it. It's been killing me not to rev it, because the engine really wants to, but I've been good and it will be that much sweeter when I hit 1000 miles.

1. The car feels incredibly solid and tracks beautifully. Most of all, it flat out handles. It really is effortless speed. I find myself driving faster through back roads even with taking it easy during the break in than I did in my Focus ST. Even in some fairly heavy rain and wet roads the car just grips. I've been using track mode for most of my sporty drives. I played around with turning everything off, and while the car still feels great I really feel like it turns just that much quicker, and sharper with the brake vectoring left on. Turning radius is also fantastic, though anything probably would've felt amazing after the nearly 40' turning radius of the Focus ST.
    2. The engine is a gem. It really feels like it wants to rev, and as long as you keep it around at least 2k there is instant power. I really enjoy the six speed and the clutch, it has a decent weight to it, but it isn't heavy. The gearbox really does seem to reward firm shifts.
    3. The interior is a pretty nice place to be. In a lot of ways it reminds me of the interior from my MK5 GTI, which I loved. The auto climate seems to work well, as do the heated seats. Seats are also very comfy, and grippier than they seem for being so comfy. The steering wheel is fantastic, really makes you just want to have both hands on it as much as possible. Backup camera is pretty handy.

Dislikes
    Honestly not much. Some of the chimes are a little annoying, and the center screen can put a distracting glare on the windshield at night. The stock sound system is pretty much garbage, although its not that much worse than the upgraded Sony system I had in the ST. My plan with the car all along has been to get a nice aftermarket sound system after being disappointed by most premium audio upgrades. Only other complaint would be the feeling on the brake pedal. The brakes are fantastic, but it really feels like you have to put a lot of pressure on the pedal, and until you get used to this feeling they don't initially inspire a lot of confidence.

Also I just noticed you can change the triple display screen to show engine oil temp, psi and something else. I'll probably go with average mpg.

Overall I couldn't be happier with this car. Can't wait to get to 1k so I can really open it up.

Edit: Here is the 3 gauge screen.
    Last edited by Fyrrwin; 04-05-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Invoice for a base model is $25,612. Are you sure you don't mean $2k below MSRP ($27,090)?
    Bingo, This is what I need, 2.5 k below MSRP! That would be RIGHT THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    By the way, whats the word on the fixed points on the roof? Do they exist or will I have to find another way to transport my bikes around.
    There is nothing obvious, but there are two metal trim pieces which run down each side of the roof. I am not willing to pull them off to find out what's underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    Thought I'd share my initial thoughts on the car. Picked it up on Sunday and have a about 430 miles on it. It's been killing me not to rev it, because the engine really wants to, but I've been good and it will be that much sweeter when I hit 1000 miles.

1. The car feels incredibly solid and tracks beautifully. Most of all, it flat out handles. It really is effortless speed. I find myself driving faster through back roads even with taking it easy during the break in than I did in my Focus ST. Even in some fairly heavy rain and wet roads the car just grips. I've been using track mode for most of my sporty drives. I played around with turning everything off, and while the car still feels great I really feel like it turns just that much quicker, and sharper with the brake vectoring left on. Turning radius is also fantastic, though anything probably would've felt amazing after the nearly 40' turning radius of the Focus ST.
    2. The engine is a gem. It really feels like it wants to rev, and as long as you keep it around at least 2k there is instant power. I really enjoy the six speed and the clutch, it has a decent weight to it, but it isn't heavy. The gearbox really does seem to reward firm shifts.
    3. The interior is a a pretty nice place to be. In a lot of ways it reminds me of the interior from my MK5 GTI, which I loved. The auto climate seems to work well, as do the heated seats. Seats are also very comfy, and grippier than they seem for being so comfy. The steering wheel is fantastic, really makes you just want to have both hands on it as much as possible. Backup camera is pretty handy.

Dislikes
    Honestly not much. Some of the chimes are a little annoying, and the center screen can put a distracting glare on the windshield at night. The stock sound system is pretty much garbage, although its not that much worse than the upgraded Sony system I had in the ST. My plan with the car all along has been to get a nice aftermarket sound system after being disappointed by most premium audio upgrades. Only other complaint would be the feeling on the brake pedal. The brakes are fantastic, but it really feels like you have to put a lot of pressure on the pedal, and until you get used to this feeling they don't initially inspire a lot of confidence.

Also I just noticed you can change the triple display screen to show engine oil temp, psi and something else. I'll probably go with average mpg.

Overall I couldn't be happier with this car. Can't wait to get to 1k so I can really open it up.
    My wife has the same HU in her Outback. I have the same glare problem at night if I don't turn the HU to night mode. Makes a huge difference and even more so if you're using the nav (turns the map to mostly black). Does the night mode not help?

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez97 View Post
    My wife has the same HU in her Outback. I have the same glare problem at night if I don't turn the HU to night mode. Makes a huge difference and even more so if you're using the nav (turns the map to mostly black). Does the night mode not help?
    Haven't played around with it enough to know, thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post

Agree with everything you said.

I feel like the car has a heavy flywheel. The 1-2 shift is hard to do smooth. It likes to hold the rev. I normally shift pretty fast bc that's what you have to do on my lightweight flywheels on my s2k and exige to be smooth. Feels a little weird to me tbh.
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

You do realize invoice means cost to dealer (plus a couple hundred bucks). So to get that far below invoice you're asking the dealer to eat the cost a bit....for a brand new model year vehicle. I think you're bonkers to expect that. Anyone who gets invoice is lucky, let alone below it.

-GhostStrykre
    I bought 2 Subarus from a dealer in Raleigh, NC and he gave me slightly above invoice on them - when I asked about the new WRX - he would not budge from MSRP!

Went to another North Carolina Subaru dealer - invoice on my Galaxy Blue Limited - saved $2400.

-GhostStrykre
    I think it all depends on the dealership's policy/philosophy. They still make money on cars sold at invoice or under, and more than just a couple hundred bucks. There are incentives for simply moving vehicles in a timely fashion, such as holdback. Some dealerships tacitly acknowledge that and are pretty flexible, others bank on the general public not having any knowledge of that and work deals around the monthly payment amount.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"