The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 107

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ghoststrykre wagner subaru in fairborn, ohio should be getting their launch editions in somewhere soon. they had ...

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    wagner subaru in fairborn, ohio should be getting their launch editions in somewhere soon. they had ordered 2 when i went in and ordered my wrx premium in february. if you're interested, you might give them a call and see if anyone has claimed their two launch editions. my wrx premium is due in a little over a week.

i chose to go with a WRX premium with the HK upgrade instead of getting a WRX limited with no HK upgrade. that was where my budget was. at first i kind of regretted the decision because $2000 is a ton for a nav system and a sound system. but when i considered how most dealers act when you tell them you have aftermarket nav systems/sound systems, i was okay with it. most dealers i've dealt with act like anything aftermarket brings your value down. it just isn't a bargaining chip if you ever need to sell your car, whereas stock systems always seem to be attractive.

i hope that makes sense. it's the end of my work day so i'm not sure how well i'm typing my thoughts here. the tl;dr is that i think the HK upgrade was worth my money due to the value it adds to my WRX.

on my own personal note: i'm starting to spazz here about my delivery date for the WRX. april 14th... i can almost feel the steering wheel in my hands and i'm dreaming about sitting in the drivers seat... anyone else starting to lose it? i hate waiting... because i'm american and i want my stuff now (lol, a little sarcasm there).
    I'm starting to. Haven't heard anything about my car in about 3 weeks. The 14th will make 8 weeks since I ordered.

I'm chomping at the bit. I found the Vin for a car that should be shipping with mine and was trying to track it last night. No luck.

Apparently you can't track a car on a train by Vin only by container id.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez97 View Post
    I'm starting to. Haven't heard anything about my car in about 3 weeks. The 14th will make 8 weeks since I ordered.

I'm chomping at the bit. I found the Vin for a car that should be shipping with mine and was trying to track it last night. No luck.

Apparently you can't track a car on a train by Vin only by container id.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Is there a way to track it once it is on the truck? If so, how? My dealer gave me my Vin number about 2 weeks ago. I'd love to be able to track it.

-GhostStrykre

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    on my own personal note: i'm starting to spazz here about my delivery date for the WRX. april 14th... i can almost feel the steering wheel in my hands and i'm dreaming about sitting in the drivers seat... anyone else starting to lose it? i hate waiting... because i'm american and i want my stuff now (lol, a little sarcasm there).
    Dude, the wait is the best part!! All that anticipation. Tension annnnnnd release. Like an orgasm.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Dude, the wait is the best part!! All that anticipation. Tension annnnnnd release. Like an orgasm.
    He caressed the key in his hand, and as he slowly inserted it into her, with a twisting motion she vibrated and throbbed at the excitement of the first ride of her life...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GBSi1.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	142633

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GBSi2.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	142641

Now how do I get hold of that Aussie grill?

For anyone considering the HK system - the stock non-HK stereo is a POS. No driving impressions yet, have only done about 3 miles in stop-start traffic. The seats are comfortable and it's fine in traffic (6MT). I have to get used to there being no power under 1k revs like the outgoing VQ35, but it's plenty compliant as it picks up.

zax
    Oh goddammit that GBS looks good -_- ... Browsing NASIOC it seems that everyone bought CWP >_<

Good info on the inferior stereo. Seems that Subaru is sticking with tradition here...

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Oh goddammit that GBS looks good -_- ... Browsing NASIOC it seems that everyone bought CWP >_<

Good info on the inferior stereo. Seems that Subaru is sticking with tradition here...
    These are just compressed iPhone images - it really is sharp in real life. I only picked GBS after asking my 4 year old for an opinion (my first choice was DGM), but having seen both I now agree with his choice!

The non-specific date in May is killing me. I called the dealer today and asked them to call me back as soon as they get ANY 15's in stock so I can see what my car will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    He caressed the key in his hand, and as he slowly inserted it into her, with a twisting motion she vibrated and throbbed at the excitement of the first ride of her life...
    Lmao.. for a moment there I thought you were, oh wait.. never mind

Couple more crappy iPhone pictures from last night. Can't get over how much I love this color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    These are just compressed iPhone images - it really is sharp in real life. I only picked GBS after asking my 4 year old for an opinion (my first choice was DGM), but having seen both I now agree with his choice!
    My first choice was also DGM, but after seeing the Galaxy Blue in person I was sold.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    My first choice was also DGM, but after seeing the Galaxy Blue in person I was sold.

That's exciting. I just placed an order for a base GBP today. Seems to be a popular color around here.

By the way, whats the word on the fixed points on the roof? Do they exist or will I have to find another way to transport my bikes around.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    That's exciting. I just placed an order for a base GBP today. Seems to be a popular color around here.

By the way, whats the word on the fixed points on the roof? Do they exist or will I have to find another way to transport my bikes around.
    It would seem atypical of Subaru not to include some sort of hard points for a roof rack.

Facebook me here

For those who have the navi, does the system have smartphone apps like other cars? What I am specifically looking for is a Pandora app.

380 miles, on 2nd tank of gas...still enjoying mine exactly a week later.