The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 106
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax This. The CVT (like the 4EAT of yore) actually uses a center coupler not unlike the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    This. The CVT (like the 4EAT of yore) actually uses a center coupler not unlike the DCCD in the STi. Technically speaking, the CVT contains a more advanced AWD system.

That being said, I just NEED to have a manual -_-
    I'm really interested to see what tuners are able to do with the CVT tuning matched to engine tunes.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Trigger pulled! 2015 CWP WRX Limited ordered with STS
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Grats dude!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Wonder how much it would cost to get the HK/Navi added to a Launch Edition STi? No opportunity to build one on the Subaru website, leads me to believe it may not be available at all.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by dannymac63 View Post
    Wonder how much it would cost to get the HK/Navi added to a Launch Edition STi? No opportunity to build one on the Subaru website, leads me to believe it may not be available at all.
    Looks like the Launch edition doesn't offer any option packages.

Facebook me here

This. The CVT (like the 4EAT of yore) actually uses a center coupler not unlike the DCCD in the STi. Technically speaking, the CVT contains a more advanced AWD system.
    I can't recall the specifics, but the manual car does not work with the automatic's AWD system or vice versa. The system used on the CVT WRX is the same as on some other non-sports orientated Subaru models. AFAIK - and please don't quote me on this - although the AWD is more advanced, it doesn't necessarily make it a sportier ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    Lol, I'm beginning to wonder if he's a troll.
    You're on the ball today!

Cee
    1. Yes, the All-Weather package is standard on all WRX and WRX STi models EXCEPT the base WRX
    2015 Subaru WRX and STI spec page
    2. I don't, sorry. Perhaps Google it?
    3. No, the launch edition does not come standard with the HK+Navi package. Interestingly, it looks like it's not an option, either.
    Thanks for the response. Is the HK Speaker upgrade worth every penny anyway? Would I be just as well off going to a shop and having a bose system installed? I've never been a big audio-phile so I imagine the standard audio system should suffice? I saw you can have a sub added as an upgrade. I'm interested in that although I don't know if I could even have that added at this point since it's probably already being manufactured, or if it's worth the money.

Also, any ideas when the Launch Edition will hit ohio? Any guesses? I have to give my current car to the new buyer at the end of this month and then I have to rent a car until it comes in. So if it gets delayed any it's going to cost me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Thanks for the response. Is the HK Speaker upgrade worth every penny anyway? Would I be just as well off going to a shop and having a bose system installed? I've never been a big audio-phile so I imagine the standard audio system should suffice? I saw you can have a sub added as an upgrade. I'm interested in that although I don't know if I could even have that added at this point since it's probably already being manufactured, or if it's worth the money.
    The stock system is pretty average in every way (my 2005 Altima's stock system sounds better). The HK system has a quality sound with a decent amount of bass for a shelf sub. If it were a standalone upgrade I probably would have paid an extra $1.5k for the option (not available in Canada), but as it is I don't really like leather. I have heard mixed opinions about the stock Clarion head unit - some say it's just the stock speakers which are bad (my dealer for example), while others say it's the HU. I am planning to drop a set of JLs in mine at some point when the wife isn't looking to see what happens. I prefer the sound of the Bose in the G37 over the HK in the STI, but everyone's ears are different so you should really listen to both if the results will change the car you buy.

Hi

Is there any difference in the quality of trim between base/premium/limited?
    Last edited by SpeedInd; 04-04-2014 at 11:55 AM.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedInd View Post
    Hi

Is there any difference in the quality of trim between base/premium/limited?
    Limited has leather.

Facebook me here

Limited has leather.
    I meant the quality of plastic. Just wanted to make sure that the base also has the same soft touch material.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedInd View Post
    I meant the quality of plastic. Just wanted to make sure that the base also has the same soft touch material.
    It does.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post
    This was posted on NASIOC, sounds pretty good to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OSzCjOmws
    that is definitely an improvement over the stock exhaust. Not sure if it is 800 worth. on the outgoing model there were several others that made the car sound awesome like the nameless. Thanks for the find.

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post

Also, any ideas when the Launch Edition will hit ohio? Any guesses? I have to give my current car to the new buyer at the end of this month and then I have to rent a car until it comes in. So if it gets delayed any it's going to cost me!
    wagner subaru in fairborn, ohio should be getting their launch editions in somewhere soon. they had ordered 2 when i went in and ordered my wrx premium in february. if you're interested, you might give them a call and see if anyone has claimed their two launch editions. my wrx premium is due in a little over a week.

i chose to go with a WRX premium with the HK upgrade instead of getting a WRX limited with no HK upgrade. that was where my budget was. at first i kind of regretted the decision because $2000 is a ton for a nav system and a sound system. but when i considered how most dealers act when you tell them you have aftermarket nav systems/sound systems, i was okay with it. most dealers i've dealt with act like anything aftermarket brings your value down. it just isn't a bargaining chip if you ever need to sell your car, whereas stock systems always seem to be attractive.

i hope that makes sense. it's the end of my work day so i'm not sure how well i'm typing my thoughts here. the tl;dr is that i think the HK upgrade was worth my money due to the value it adds to my WRX.

on my own personal note: i'm starting to spazz here about my delivery date for the WRX. april 14th... i can almost feel the steering wheel in my hands and i'm dreaming about sitting in the drivers seat... anyone else starting to lose it? i hate waiting... because i'm american and i want my stuff now (lol, a little sarcasm there).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.