The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 104

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by tke467 has anyone heard the SPT exhaust yet? In the past it did not seem to be ...

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    has anyone heard the SPT exhaust yet? In the past it did not seem to be a good value, any thoughts on the new one yet?
    This was posted on NASIOC, sounds pretty good to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OSzCjOmws

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    good info, i was just curious really.

i also just found this link: Outgoing 2014 Subaru WRX pushes new 2015 WRX to the back seat - Torque News

i can't deny that it'd be neat to try and grab a 2014 STi for well under invoice, but i think the 2015 still just has too much going for it. too many goodies thrown into this 2015 to make going back to 2014 worth it to me. i also hate rattles, and the hard plastic interiors scare me.
    I bought an '08 WRX and was never happy with it. I kept it on a 2 year lease and lost a lot of cash by not buying it out at the end. I have been ultra-cautious since, testing several cars out, and was never really sure about what I wanted. I test drove an STI and 3 WRX's (all used) over the last 15 months, as well as the G37x, Audi A4, and a bunch of new SUVS, and there was always something about each and every one which held me back (I would have got the G37xS if it came in a manual). When I jumped in the 2015 this week I was semi-expecting to be disappointed after the media hype and forum talk over the last few months. What I found was not just that I like everything about the car, but I simply love the way it feels to drive. Any concerns about improvements over the next year or two leaving me with bad feeling about the car dissipated there and then - it doesn't matter how much better they make it, I know that I have a car which I am going to enjoy immensely over the coming years. I have a feeling the WRX is going to draw in a lot of new customers over the next couple of years, and even more when they eventually release a hatch or wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I bought an '08 WRX and was never happy with it. I kept it on a 2 year lease and lost a lot of cash by not buying it out at the end. I have been ultra-cautious since, testing several cars out, and was never really sure about what I wanted. I test drove an STI and 3 WRX's (all used) over the last 15 months, as well as the G37x, Audi A4, and a bunch of new SUVS, and there was always something about each and every one which held me back (I would have got the G37xS if it came in a manual). When I jumped in the 2015 this week I was semi-expecting to be disappointed after the media hype and forum talk over the last few months. What I found was not just that I like everything about the car, but I simply love the way it feels to drive. Any concerns about improvements over the next year or two leaving me with bad feeling about the car dissipated there and then - it doesn't matter how much better they make it, I know that I have a car which I am going to enjoy immensely over the coming years. I have a feeling the WRX is going to draw in a lot of new customers over the next couple of years, and even more when they eventually release a hatch or wagon.
    man that's awesome. i have a friend who is a ford car salesman and he has recommended that i just start leasing because i can't seem to settle on one vehicle. i just find problems with the cars i'm in. so it sounds like you and i are cut from a similar cloth. so i'm glad to read what you had to say! makes me a ton more confident. great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    If your not happy with buying a car before testing it then it may not be in your best interest to get the launch edition... The only way you are going to get one of these 2015's right now is if you order them. If you want to test drive then you will probably have to wait at least 6 months until the launch hype settles down.
    i test drove a '15 wrx two days ago... I was offered the STi too but didn't have time.

I'm excited for you guys that have gotten/will take delivery of your new WRXs, if for nothing more than the excitement that surrounds getting a new vehicle. I still remain skeptical of the '15, but am starting to warm up to them. I think my issue is that I will have a hard time letting go of the raw, visceral, analog driving experience that is my '04 STi.

I don't like the sound of brake biased torque vectoring and electronic this and that, but there is no denying that the newest car is a better balanced, more neutral chassis. That being said, all that electronic witchcraft must work. Maybe in five years or so when I'm finally ready to let my current car go, I'll be ready to step up to a '15. In the meantime, enjoy and keep the reviews coming.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

man that's awesome. i have a friend who is a ford car salesman and he has recommended that i just start leasing because i can't seem to settle on one vehicle. i just find problems with the cars i'm in. so it sounds like you and i are cut from a similar cloth. so i'm glad to read what you had to say! makes me a ton more confident. great stuff!
    I love driving and experiencing different cars! There comes a time when one has to settle and focus on the financials of family life though. I am lucky that I can choose a WRX for this - my wife hates throwing money into unnecessary expenses (let's be honest, I could have bought something good for half the price), but we sat down together and discussed how to make it fit into our life plan.

Be careful with leasing - in area like mine where the resale value is high, your cost of ownership over two or three years will be lower if you buy then sell privately. Just keep service records and resist the urge for power mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Piratemosh666 View Post
    I don't like the sound of brake biased torque vectoring and electronic this and that, but there is no denying that the newest car is a better balanced, more neutral chassis. That being said, all that electronic witchcraft must work.
    That electronic witchcraft can also be turned off - sometimes you just prefer to trust your own driving ability and instinct in certain conditions (snow springs to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    That electronic witchcraft can also be turned off - sometimes you just prefer to trust your own driving ability and instinct in certain conditions (snow springs to mind).

Is it completely "off" though? I know some systems exist that still remain on, but allow you to reach a higher handling threshold before slapping your pee-pee and killing the fun.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    If (for whatever reason) you refuse to drive a manual transmission, I'd suggest looking at purchasing the Lancer Ralliart: 2014 Lancer Models / View Options & Trims / Mitsubishi Motors

It's similarly priced to the WRX with the outstanding Dual-Clutch trans and a better AWD system. Looks great too.
    I could never fully warm up to the EVO, just didn't quite do it for me. Although I will say at the time I was impressed by their Dual-Clutch, shifted perfect imo.

However, it looks like they'll be extinct soon. Not sure if this includes the GT and Ralliart. Though I'm not a big fan of them, it does kinda make me sad to see them go.

Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead - Autoblog
    Last edited by ByrdBones; 04-03-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratemosh666 View Post
    Is it completely "off" though? I know some systems exist that still remain on, but allow you to reach a higher handling threshold before slapping your pee-pee and killing the fun.
    TC, VDC and vectoring will stay off until you either turn it back on or turn off the ignition.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    I could never fully warm up to the EVO, just didn't quite do it for me. Although I will say at the time I was impressed by their Dual-Clutch, shifted perfect imo.

However, it looks like they'll be extinct soon. Not sure if this includes the GT and Ralliart. Though I'm not a big fan of them, it does kinda make me sad to see them go.

Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead - Autoblog
    This rumor has been round-and-round for several years.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Definitely true. Subaru Legacy GTs from like 2005 to 2008 need oil changes like every 3500 miles to minimize issues with the turbo. The thing just required meticulous care, which some people loved. My wife's SUV on the other hand, it needs an oil change every 7500 miles and it's good to go. Minimal maintenence, and it'll be rocking to 200k+ miles.

-GhostStrykre
    All turbo Subarus (and most cars, period) were like that until Synthetic oil started being used from the factory more and more, with engines being designed to use synthetics. Since 2009, WRXs require Synthetic and CAN go 7500 miles, though many people change them sooner (myself, every 5k on my 2012). The Subaru engine runs generally a bit hotter due to the turbo, so running dyno oil can break down a little easier, ergo shorter change intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Just got a quote for 26,795 for BASE '15 WRX. That is a GRAND off what Soob wants but none in stock and it would be ordered and don't have the details cause I am afraid of dealing with this dealership already, it's scary buying a car cold turkey with NO connects and Zero-level support. Yeah, a grand off invoice is my best offer but nothing in stock. IT is total discouragement.
    Unless you signed a paper that says somewhere that you must by the car since you ordered it (never heard of that happening before), you are not obligated to buy it. So order one the way you want it...and when it comes in, test drive it before you sign the papers. If you don't like it, you aren't obligated to buy it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Just read the new Six Speed is still Split Case? Damn.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    Just read the new Six Speed is still Split Case? Damn.

No worries. The "case flex" theory is a bit of a myth. There are other primary reasons that the STi 6MT was stronger than the 5MT. We don't know that these haven't been remedied with the new 6MT.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    No worries. The "case flex" theory is a bit of a myth. There are other primary reasons that the STi 6MT was stronger than the 5MT. We don't know that these haven't been remedied with the new 6MT.
    Let's hope so.