The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 102
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Although part of me says that I already budgeted k with the Wife, so why not fully load it?...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Although part of me says that I already budgeted $40k with the Wife, so why not fully load it?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Im guessing a big Part of the reason for the price difference being 1500 instead of 2500 is because the STi limited comes with the HK standard. I totally want that.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    I just got a quote for manual '15 Wrx 1000 off invoice!! bad news is I can't row manual and they want absurd way NORTH of 30k for the gutless auto-tragic wonder CVT! goodnight, FML!
    your posts are quite dramatic. They sound like you're blaming subaru because you can't drive stick and you're being forced into driving automatic (the only transmission you know how to drive). I'm thinking the WRX doesn't really seem like a fit for you.

-GhostStrykre

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Im guessing a big Part of the reason for the price difference being 1500 instead of 2500 is because the STi limited comes with the HK standard. I totally want that.
    Funny, 10 years ago the STi didn't even come with a stereo!

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    your posts are quite dramatic. They sound like you're blaming subaru because you can't drive stick and you're being forced into driving automatic (the only transmission you know how to drive). I'm thinking the WRX doesn't really seem like a fit for you.

-GhostStrykre
    Agreed. You can't complain that a Automatic is slower and cite that as a reason for not purchasing the vehicle. You can always LEARN to drive stick. Hell my wife learned 3 years ago on my WRX and now she DDs a Mazdaspeed3!

If (for whatever reason) you refuse to drive a manual transmission, I'd suggest looking at purchasing the Lancer Ralliart: 2014 Lancer Models / View Options & Trims / Mitsubishi Motors

It's similarly priced to the WRX with the outstanding Dual-Clutch trans and a better AWD system. Looks great too.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Although part of me says that I already budgeted $40k with the Wife, so why not fully load it?
    I would load it then. The HK would be nice.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I know. My 04 STi came with no radio at all. Which didn't bother me that much because I was coming from my bugeye with the "premium" stereo which honestly for the money, totally sucked. So I just went aftermarket.
    -The J

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I know. My 04 STi came with no radio at all. Which didn't bother me that much because I was coming from my bugeye with the "premium" stereo which honestly for the money, totally sucked.
    I've got that option. It's FAN-TASTIC!

J/K

In actuality, the formula for the premium stereo option on the bugeyes was "add 2 more crappy speakers, a 6 disc changer, and a crappy subwoofer." What was passable for "premium" back in 2002 was quite a bit different than today. Guess we're a bunch of spoiled brats.

Facebook me here

Keyless entry/start button seems more a thing to spoil the driver than a convenience imho, but to each their own of course. I myself wouldn't spend extra $ for that feature. On the same token, I guess it could come in handy in an emergency where you really were in a rush and didn't have time to look for the key, you just knew you had it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    Didn't give them a cent before taking it on a test drive, just a copy of my license and insurance.
    I meant those that preordered.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post

You aren't necessarily obligated to pay full cost up front.

Facebook me here

has anyone heard the SPT exhaust yet? In the past it did not seem to be a good value, any thoughts on the new one yet?

I Support ClubWRX
    I've got that option. It's FAN-TASTIC!

J/K

In actuality, the formula for the premium stereo option on the bugeyes was "add 2 more crappy speakers, a 6 disc changer, and a crappy subwoofer." What was passable for "premium" back in 2002 was quite a bit different than today. Guess we're a bunch of spoiled brats.
    The component speakers themselves aren't terrible with a good HU driving them. I never bothered to replace the woofers and front door tweeters in my bugeye, although the factory sub was useless. The factory HU had to be one of the last cars out there to come with a tape deck.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Agreed. You can't complain that a Automatic is slower and cite that as a reason for not purchasing the vehicle. You can always LEARN to drive stick. Hell my wife learned 3 years ago on my WRX and now she DDs a Mazdaspeed3!

If (for whatever reason) you refuse to drive a manual transmission, I'd suggest looking at purchasing the Lancer Ralliart: 2014 Lancer Models / View Options & Trims / Mitsubishi Motors

It's similarly priced to the WRX with the outstanding Dual-Clutch trans and a better AWD system. Looks great too.
    I didn't know the lancer had a better AWD system. Not that it'd change my purchase, but do you have any links to some literature on that? I remember the guys on Top Gear (the better version, everyone should know what that means) were splooging themselves on the Lancer Evo. I still like soobie tho.

-GhostStrykre

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!

Yeah but coming off a Honda V6, I just cant STOMACH any more standard deviation loss in RELIABILITY. I am making an exception cause the Soob is very quick and I know I will enjoy the handling but Mitsu just does not seem reliable for me. Is the Lancer Ralliart quick at all? I know looks can be subjective but isn't their design the same and old news?

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post

My dealer didn't require a deposit and I didn't sign anything to pre-order my WRX. I even asked him if I was obligated to buy it in anyway if, say, I didn't like the way it drove and he said no. He said to me that if they don't sell it to me, someone will buy it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.