The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 10
Page 10 of 209 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox So if I don't want a manual, I'm instantly no longer as enthusiastic as someone else? ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    So if I don't want a manual, I'm instantly no longer as enthusiastic as someone else?
    About driving? Yes, I'd say so. If you want to drive quickly and feel thoroughly involved in the experience, every time, you don't buy an automatic. That's not what they were designed for.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    There are many reasons (for me). The main two are I am getting much more lazy...
    I rest my case. Well, almost

What I love about the current gen only being offered in manual is that it says, "Sorry, if you want to cruise to work with your coffee in hand, you need to choose something else because I'm all about driving. And, no, I don't take days off, however tired you are." When you see a current gen on the road, you know the driver hasn't been swayed by a wife, or children, or laziness. They've put the driving experience before everything else and you instantly have something in common with them.

EDIT: Ok, so I didn't really address the fact that one might still be just as enthusiastic about driving as they ever were, but family (wife) circumstances mean they have no choice but to get an auto. The current gen doesn't give a s*^t about the life choices you've made and forces you to choose something else... and I LOVE that!
    Last edited by Soobvirgin; 11-14-2013 at 06:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that would suck, but i doubt it't true...luckily I got my 2011 in hatchback I still have to get used to the looks of the new one maybe the Sti might look nicer?
    Hugo Chavez
    I love my Subbie (2011 WRX) looking for mod ideas.
    I blog from home that's my job...
    HMU on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    "Subaru predicts a zero-to-60mph time of 5.4 seconds with the six-speed manual and 5.9 with the CVT."

... the f*#k, Subaru? Seriously? No 2 door, available CVT, still ugly. Subaru, your WRX, the long-standing icon of hooliganism and affordable driving enjoyment is becoming totally undesirable. How long before you turn it into a Corolla with AWD?
    So it's considerably slower than the current model Rather nasty looking IMO. The interior still looks cheap and loses the center mounted tach that I love. On the plus side it will be stiffer chassis wise add a 6-speed and get better MPG and have more creature comforts. I guess I'll have to wait to see one in person for any final judgement on the looks. At this point I'm extremely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    This CAR is worthy of a big 'ol MEH.
    Fixed.

I agree with most of what everyone has said (other than it being ugly, I liked it when I saw it). I also need to get inside the 2015 car again. When I was in it, it was a very overwhelming experience, trying to take it all in. It was quite different in my opinion. But again, I must say my initial impressions when they WHOOOOSHED the pure white cloth off that was hiding it , we all were like "holy ****"....and a couple of us said, can we trade right now.

Again, first impressions, and I don't know if they will change seeing it again in a showroom, but still, that's how I felt first time.

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States

The Official 2015 WRX Thread

Just found this http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ed-268-hp.html

Quote Originally Posted by autoguide
    Even more information on the 2015 Subaru WRX leaked and now itís out that Subaruís 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer four cylinder will offer 268 hp in that application.

Thatís a power bump barely worth mentioning over the current model, which offers 265 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque from its 2.5-liter four-cylinder. It comes with a six-speed stick while a CVT is also available. Equipped with the stick, thecar runs from 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds while the same sprint happens in 5.9 with the CVT.

According to the leaked information, manual models come with a fixed 50:50 torque split. Models fitted with a CVT get Subaruís Variable Torque Distribution that offers a 45:55 front/rear torque split that can vary. It also seems rumors of Subaru nixing the hatchback version are true for the U.S. market.

The mild power bump, lack of hatchback practicality and addition of a CVT might all seem like a disappointing departure from what WRX fans have come to expect, but the the company has said in the past that this generation will be more street focused. In keeping with that, the brakes get bigger, suspension stiffer and a 41 percent increase in torsional rigidity over the 2014 WRX.

Earlier in the week, a leaked dealer sheet also revealed that the hotter STi variant will be sold with a 2.5-liter turbocharged four cylinder rather than the 2.0-liter found in this car.
    Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post
    Yeah, to all those that were doubting people saying there would be no hatch. I didn't even bother, no one was going to believe me haha.

Honestly, again, all I care about is the STI right now.

I Support ClubWRX
    As much as I hate automatics, I understand the need for them.

However, I can not understand why you would choose a CVT for even a pseudo-performance vehicle. The twin rubber band is just not designed to inspire a visceral experience.

If Ford can put a dual clutch box in a $16k Fiesta, Subaru should be able to make a flappy paddle DSG auto for the WRX.

Also, lack of hatch/wagon is an epic fail.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

The sti has a different motor!? Guess they really need to justify buying the sti somehow hopefully they bump the power on it it's more than capable of making more.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Double post can't delete from phone
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    The sti has a different motor!? Guess they really need to justify buying the sti somehow hopefully they bump the power on it it's more than capable of making more.
    Yeah this is the only thing about this new release that intrigues me. The FA20 is supposed to be a baller engine with the direct injection...and the damn oil filter is ON TOP!!! AMAZING!

I wonder if the 2.5 is going to still be an EJ257, or if it will be something completely new...I can't imagine they'd leave the STI in the dust like that with an older "meh" of an engine when the FA is relatively advanced for them. Just doesn't make sense if this were to be the case.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States

Another article:
    http://theautopanel.blogspot.com/201...ealed.html?m=1

2015 Subaru WRX/STi Unofficially Revealed.
    It seems like the wraps have been taken off the upcoming WRX/STi just five days before the official release by Subaru at the LA Auto Show. Below, you'll see a spec sheet and an article that has leaked onto the internet. It gives a rundown of what the WRX and STi are going to have.

First off, it seems like Subaru has indeed gone ahead and removed the "Impreza" designation, and the new models are just called the Subaru WRX and Subaru WRX STi.

Now...onto the good stuff. Here's the big news: the WRX has an FA20DIT. That's right. It basically has the BRZ motor with a turbo on it. The direct injection technology means that the gas mileage is vastly improved over the outgoing model, and we can probably expect to see MPG's around the BRZ's. The power output of the FA20DIT is 268 HP at 5600 rpm and 258 lb-ft at 4800 rpm. The disappointing part is that the acceleration to 60 is slower than the outgoing model. Subaru "predicts" that it reaches 60 from a standstill in 5.4 seconds; the outgoing model did it in 4.7. Also, the FA20DIT uses less boost.

The STi will keep it's 2.5T, but whether or not it is the EJ257 is unclear. One can always hope that it has direct injection to see improved gas mileage.

Also, the WRX is available in a 6-speed manual or CVT transmissions. Most enthusiasts will likely go for the 6-speed manual, but the CVT has given Subaru the chance to appeal to a wider variety of people. The slower acceleration to 60 is due to the addition of the 6-speed, in which it takes three shifts to reach 60 whereas it takes two on the outgoing 5 speed. The 6-speed is supposedly sourced from the Forester XT, and uses cable linkage instead of the Forester's rods.

The STi will have a 6-speed, and there is no option for a CVT. If you want a USDM STi, learn to drive stick.

The handling of this WRX seems to be miles ahead of the outgoing one. The power steering ratio has improved from 14.8:1 to 13.3:1, with 230% stiffer steering mounts. The front brake discs are larger at 12.4" up from 11.6". The car is much stiffer with stiffer springs, dampers, cross-members, subframe bushings, and front control arms. Subaru claims that all these improvements results in a 1.10 g cornering ability.

The interior is also improved with an LED display that can show information such as torque split, boost level, mpg, and icy-road warnings. It is also rumored that all models will have a backup camera that will work through this display. It seems like all models are available with a D-steering wheel as well, a wonderful addition that will add to the euphoria of spirited driving.

All trims are four doors. This makes me sad, but I'm still excited to see it come out.
    Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    imho the cvt will help with the newer epa gas mileage figures etc ...

but if your gonna put a automatic in a wrx ....they shoulda gone with the Twin Clutch SST Getrac as used in the Lancer Ralliart / evo mr

Twin Clutch SST - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a great piece of kit
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I'll test drive the CVT simply out of curiosity. I had the 4EAT so if I can deal with that for 5 years this shouldn't be a big deal. As long as it's tunable still. I wonder what the max TQ ratings would be on that CVT trans before it implodes on itself. I am a little disappointed with the 0-60 times though. Maybe they're slightly conservative.

Dat 1.10g cornering doe!!!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying