2014 Mini Cooper Spy Shots - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2014 Mini Cooper Spy Shots within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me I would wager to guess you will enjoy that for a couple years....as you should. But ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I would wager to guess you will enjoy that for a couple years....as you should.
    But by 2016 or so people will look at it and say "meh". As undoubtedly the STI version will have launched, they will be much more common, and other competitors will have released.
    But you forget that mine's special. Always bear that in mind.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    But you forget that mine's special. Always bear that in mind.
    Oh no doubt, you'll enjoy it indefinitely. Especially given all the hard work and sacrifice that went into acquiring it. A dollar earned has a higher emotional value than one received for free.

My point was that other people will think its special too for about 3 more years until they become more common place.

Interestingly about our generation WRX. 2002-2007 were relatively low production number years, and with all the 18y/o's crashing them, they have become more and more rare around here. In 2008 when I pulled up to a car dealership, they didn't give 2 ****s what I was driving, it was just an old car. The last 2 dealers I have pulled into recently have both said " That is a nice car, you don't see those very often. Is it for sale?" Almost as if it has only taken 11 years to become an appreciated modern classic.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Now that you mention it, the same thing has happened for me in the last few months. At both the Subaru dealer and the local Discount Tire, I had people telling me to call them if I decided to sell my bugeye.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    At both the Subaru dealer and the local Discount Tire, I had people telling me to call them if I decided to sell my bugeye.
    I got this all the time when I had the bugeye serviced. I'd be eyeballing the new cars on the lot while the sales and service staff drooled over the bugeye. They always gave me a stack of business cards and told me to call them if I ever thought about selling it.

The fact that my insurance company gave me $2k more than I paid for it 3 years ago suggests that maybe it is achieving some collectibility status, especially clean, well-kept ones. Even after the accident, the insurance adjuster bumped up the value by $500 just because the engine bay was spotless and my wiring work was tidy (THANK YOU SASQUATCH!!!!).

Honestly, though, if any of you want to sell your WRX, the NW is the place to do it. Take the KBB "Excellent" condition price, tack on $3k, and it will sell in hours.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Now that you mention it, the same thing has happened for me in the last few months. At both the Subaru dealer and the local Discount Tire, I had people telling me to call them if I decided to sell my bugeye.
    Yep. At the subi dealer, the salesman wouldn't even let me get out of the car, and I was just there for parts. At the Scion dealer when I was looking at the FRS, I got mobbed to by a salesman who wanted to buy it for himself. Then the other day at Safeway a random person came up to me and wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Honestly, though, if any of you want to sell your WRX, the NW is the place to do it. Take the KBB "Excellent" condition price, tack on $3k, and it will sell in hours.
    Same story in the SW. KBB says $12k for my car. Buddy just sold his worse shape than mine, no maintenance done, clutch needing example for $16500.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.