2014 wrx getting 6-speed?

This is a discussion on 2014 wrx getting 6-speed? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have heard rumors that the 14 wrx may be getting the sti's 6-speed, hoping its true, but worried its ...

2014 wrx getting 6-speed?

I have heard rumors that the 14 wrx may be getting the sti's 6-speed, hoping its true, but worried its a sick joke! And if it is true does that mean the new sti would be getting a beefier engine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Wrx21 View Post
    I have heard rumors that the 14 wrx may be getting the sti's 6-speed, hoping its true, but worried its a sick joke! And if it is true does that mean the new sti would be getting a beefier engine?
    Nobody but Subaru's engineers know the answer to these questions. Until the Subuaru Global group gives a press release for the new car, we can only speculate.

We will have to wait and see.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

The 14 is going to probably be a watered down version of what the 2016 Will be. Maybe no widebody and limited fearures. Theyll slowly introduce features to up their sales as the years pass. And when another new body style gets introduced they'll take em all away again

It would be insane if the car didn't have a 6speed. Though I doubt it would be the STI's 6speed, it will probably be a beefier version of the 5, with a tall 6th for better economy. Silent is right though, it will have better options than previous gens, but will get more standard equipment as time goes on. Pretty much like every other manufacturer.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by R_Wrx21 View Post
    ...rumors...
    That's the takeaway message for now. All we've got that's official is the concept from the NY show, which probably gives an idea of styling, but gives no indications of what's underneath.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"