The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 8

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 96accord lol why would you want a ****ty hemi in it? :-/ WRX's do have a hemi....

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    lol why would you want a ****ty hemi in it? :-/
    WRX's do have a hemi.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From my visit this morning to my Subaru dealer: Per Sales: Subaru has advised them that the 2014 WRX will be a carry over of the 2013 WRX for at least 3 months into the new model year: same body and motor. Mid-year into the 2014 model, Subaru will release the 2015 WRX: new body and motor (most likely a 2.0 liter, no confirmation of it having the 'electric' turbo (Subaru took out a patent on an electrically-operated turbo back in 2007))

HP numbers may range from 275 to 300HP

This came with a disclaimer...Subaru has made claims to what new models will incorporate and when they will be in production...don't put stock into it until they are on the lot for sale to the public.

This is at least evident in the exterior styling of the new WRX, based on a statement yesterday, supposedly made by Subaru on their 2014 WRX 'concept' that can be seen at the NY Auto Show:

Subaru isn’t calling the concept “near production,” instead saying that it “hints at the design language of the next generation WRX.”

Last edited by pmacey; 03-28-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

It kind of looks like what my mind thinks a 4 door BRZ/FRS would look like. Granted, it is just a concept and, knowing Subaru, the final version will probably look drastically different.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    lol why would you want a ****ty hemi in it? :-/
    It was more of a joke than anything...since it was a Dodge in the other pic.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

I Support ClubWRX
    When the expression "design language" is used, it means that the production car may or may not have anything to do with this concept.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    When the expression "design language" is used, it means that the production car may or may not have anything to do with this concept.
    I agree....to often they don't.

I am not a fan of pulling those kind of horsepower numbers from such a small engine either. I know Mitsu does, but thats one reason why I don't have one. The current gen WRX has a good pairing of displacement to turbo and compression. I like that I can drive most days without getting into boost (unless I want to). With the smaller motor, it's got to be on more boost more of the time.

I'm happy with what I got....would take something way better to make me want to switch.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

This is the OFFICIAL 2014 WRX CONCEPT. Posted on Facebook by Subaru themselves.

I'm in if that's the new design.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

If this WRX stays 85% to what this design is it will be my next Daily Driver. I love it and I will name it baby Godzilla…

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Thanks Mark, more fuel for the fires of unsubstantiated speculation, which in turn drives the steam engine of useless discourse and bellyaching.
    I must say Will, that this is a very well structured sentence. It was a pleasure to read.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    The grey isn't bad. I'd remove the red badge (a bit embarrassing) and I could use fog lamps once in a while. I suspect the pricing will be wrong though, that's been the trend lately.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Those wheels.... Sex.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Godzilla Jr?

Son of Godzilla.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    I agree....to often they don't.

I am not a fan of pulling those kind of horsepower numbers from such a small engine either. I know Mitsu does, but thats one reason why I don't have one. The current gen WRX has a good pairing of displacement to turbo and compression. I like that I can drive most days without getting into boost (unless I want to). With the smaller motor, it's got to be on more boost more of the time.

I'm happy with what I got....would take something way better to make me want to switch.
    JDM STIs have been 2.0L forever and pushing out 300hp. There hasn't ever been much of a problem with it. And if in fact Subaru does go to direct injection similar to the new FXT (and other new 2.0L engines, like the BRZ), then I'd say they have some good things coming up in the near future. Finally gonna get some of those MPGs we've been wanting. Again though like with everything Subaru does...it's speculation right now (though signs point to towards these changes).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying