The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 33

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt Are those Recaro Seats in the magazine picture? Looks like it ! Subaru is copying the ...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Are those Recaro Seats in the magazine picture?
    Looks like it ! Subaru is copying the ford ST with the seats. If this photo is the real deal I like the new hatch backs.
    1.)2002 Ford Zx2
    2.)1994 Toyota Celica ST
    3.)2002 Toyota Celica GTS
    4.)2011 Subaru WRX 4 door WRB

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aladeen View Post
    EXACTLY. With the 2014 model year just around the corner, you would think that we would have some solid info (and photos!) regarding changes. Not just a concept car/ prototype. SOA has said absolutely nothing to the dealers that would suggest any changes. I wish I had "insider" info but they keep us in the dark!

If I remember correctly, didn't Subaru announce a few months ago that the change would be for the 2015 MY? I also recall them stating that hatchbacks were no more, as they wanted a more "sporty look".
    Ordering opened for 2014 WRXs August 1. I ordered my 2014 WRX Limited August 3 in Maryland. No changes...2014 model same as 2013. This dealer in Seattle posted some good info. Scroll down past the photos for updates.

2014 Subaru WRX and STI research page: WRX, Premium, Limited, and STI, STI Limited, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatchback

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by matsayz View Post
    ... Which I think is what we were all expecting anyway. But they've upped the price for nothing in return. Ok, only by $200, but still. Subaru stopped selling the Impreza in Britain because the WRX couldn't compete with other cars offering similar (or better) performance for less money. If they're not careful, the same thing is going to happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by k2b4e View Post
    Off topic to what you guys were talking about, but I have a chance to order a 2014 wrx and I have no clue what it actually looks like. I see all these pictures on google when I search it but not sure which is the actually real thing. Is there any pictures of the actual one that will be for sale? I'm not sure if this is a dumb question or not, thanks for the help
    decide what color you like best. order your 2014 wrx in that color. then walk around the lot until you locate a 2013 wrx. or save your gas and google 2013 wrx. thats what your 2014 will look like.........
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    ... Which I think is what we were all expecting anyway. But they've upped the price for nothing in return. Ok, only by $200, but still. Subaru stopped selling the Impreza in Britain because the WRX couldn't compete with other cars offering similar (or better) performance for less money. If they're not careful, the same thing is going to happen here.
    Ever since I heard they were getting dropped in the UK I've feared the worst for us.

$200 really isn't anything to be mad about. On a typical 5 year loan that is only $3 extra a month. I do agree that it's not a good sign though.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Love some of the comments on that site

As long as they don't go back to the 2010 and 2012 look I'm all about it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX451911 View Post
    Do you mean 2008-2010?

All 2011+ look identical.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by WRX451911 View Post
    They DID!

Since the 2014 is going to look exactly like my 2012
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Love some of the comments on that site
    Holy hell, no joke. So much hate. It became obvious the 2014 was going to be the same when we hit the freaking 3rd quarter of the year and SOA made me official announcements. Glad I got my 2013 now and didn't wait. Especially knowing 2015 will do away with the hatchback.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Especially knowing 2015 will do away with the hatchback.
    We know that now? How?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    We know that now? How?
    Well, let me clarify: it's not certain, but very likely. Another member posted this link up that says there will be no hatch for 2015 (scroll down to below the first set of photos), and this is not the only source I've seen to quote the same thing. Plus, it makes sense for Subaru if you look at market trends and sales of current models. 2014 Subaru WRX and STI research page: WRX, Premium, Limited, and STI, STI Limited, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatchback
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

TL: DR If its not an official announcement from subaru themselves...its being true is purely coincidental, period.

i'm just gonna post this every couple days regardless of the conversation at the time.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    TL: DR If its not an official announcement from subaru themselves...its being true is purely coincidental, period.

i'm just gonna post this every couple days regardless of the conversation at the time.
    Good idea!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR