• Like!

Votes: 104 68.9%
  • Dislike!

Votes: 47 31.1%

The Official 2014 WRX Thread

109K views 533 replies 113 participants last post by  nfisher1986 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Please refrain from making the same thread in more than one sub-forum. If you aren't sure where a thread should go, send a private message to one of the moderators. :)

#7 ·
Done! :)

That's an Impreza test mule in the pics, according to the text, probably being used to test out the drivetrain/suspension. Hard to know exactly what the WRX will actually look like. As I've said elsewhere, until Subaru issues the press release, we know nothing.

#15 ·
By the way, if you look closely at the photos, you can see that the exhaust cutouts in the rear fascia appear to have probably been made with that most wonderful of tools, a sawz-all. The hood scoop's installation also seems suspect.

;)

You have to understand, the regulars here see these same photos and rumors pop up regularly, when there are in fact no facts released by subaru at this point, as Ray said. I hope no one (myself included) came across too strongly in this thread; it's hard to remind ourselves that not everyone spends an inordinate amount of time on a Subaru forum and therefore what we consider common knowledge is sometimes not!

#18 ·
Contacted local dealership and was told end of this year to early next year the new generation WRX will be out, I'm leaning more towards early next year. If you dont follow the auto shows, I suggest that you watch the NY auto show starting on the 28th. After debuting the XV Crosstrek hyrid subaru is debuting the performance concept which should be the WRX or STI. Subaru should be debuting the production model at the Tokyo show Nov 22nd to Dec 1st which would lineup with a early 2014 release of the car

SUBARU | New York International Auto Show 2013

Stayed tuned to this website for more info when the NY auto show starts

#20 ·
Yea could be BRZ STI. But the US will never see that model. Japan and australia always get the sweet special editions. I thought i read something about BRZ STI wouldnt happen because they wouldnt want it to interfere with the STI sales. I dont think it would honestly just because a lot of people are so keen to the AWD drivetrain but it would be cool if subaru gave us a choice between RWD and AWD

#21 ·
*Sigh*

Every statement above is rumors and hearsay. I can understand making some fun wish lists for the new car, whatever it may end up being, but these threads are getting ridiculous. Nobody except Subaru knows what the new car will look like, what features it will have, how much it will cost, and where it will be sold. I've never seen so many people spun up about a budget car before. You'd think Subaru was announcing the cure for cancer in 2014...

:deadhorse:

Oh and FYI, we aren't going to see AWD on a BRZ with extensive modifications to the chassis. Subaru's "symmetrical AWD" requires the engine to be placed entirely forward of the front wheels, causing a large front weight bias, and one of the key reasons WRXs are so famous for understeer. Since the BRZ has no front transaxle in the way, Subaru could mount the engine well backward of the front wheels, and much lower in the engine bay. This simultaneously improves weight distribution and lowers the center of gravity. Since this was one of selling points of the car in the first place, I seriously doubt Subaru will toss all that out the window just to add AWD, which would be of very limited use anyway on a BRZ.

#22 ·
Every statement above isnt rumors or hearsay. google 2014 WRX and you will see plenty of articles about subaru debuting their performance model at the 2013 NY auto show.

We are spun up because some people are more passionate about their cars, you are obviously not. Stop being a buzz kill and let people enjoy the lastest news that has come out. If you think we are beating a dead horse then dont read this forum thread. jeez lol

I didnt suggest we would see an AWD BRZ. I was saying that if the BRZ STI and WRX STI came turbo'ed that people would have a chance to choose a RWD or AWD drivetrain with the same motor, It would be cool. I understand the science and enginerring behind the AWD drivetrain, again it was just conversation

#23 ·
Every statement above isnt rumors or hearsay. google 2014 WRX and you will see plenty of articles about subaru debuting their performance model at the 2013 NY auto show.
Ok fine, but you that's not at all what you said in your other post. Let me break it down for you:

Yea could be BRZ STI. But the US will never see that model.
How do you know this based on Subaru's announcement of a "performance concept"? While it certainly may be a BRZ STI, you have no proof on where such a model may or may not be sold, if it even exists at all.

I thought i read something about BRZ STI wouldnt happen because they wouldnt want it to interfere with the STI sales.
Again, where is this coming from? I guess the logic sort of makes sense, but it's still just rumors.

We are spun up because some people are more passionate about their cars, you are obviously not. Stop being a buzz kill and let people enjoy the lastest news that has come out. If you think we are beating a dead horse then dont read this forum thread. jeez lol
Key distinction: I'm passionate about the WRX in my garage. It's a real car that can really be driven. This is not a real car yet. Sure, it's fun to dream about the future, but at the end of the day, my car will move me places and put a huge stupid grin on my face. This can't yet. Call me a buzzkill all you want, I'm far more interested (and excited about) in released facts announced by Subaru themselves, not what a bunch of car blogs think Subaru will do. What you posted isn't news. They are rumors that keep adding to all the confusion. I'll bet Subaru engineers are laughing their asses off at some of the "confirmed facts" floating around the internet. The fact is, nobody except Subaru knows yet what the car will be like. When they officially announce it in a press release, you can be sure I'll be very interested in it, but I can wait until then.

I'm tired of all the "artist renditions" of what the car will look like, rumors about what engine will go where, etc. I'm ready for Subaru to officially announce the car and put all the rumors and speculation to bed once and for all (or at least until the next WRX comes out, when we'll repeat this whole cycle again...)

I didnt suggest we would see an AWD BRZ. I was saying that if the BRZ STI and WRX STI came turbo'ed that people would have a chance to choose a RWD or AWD drivetrain with the same motor, It would be cool. I understand the science and enginerring behind the AWD drivetrain, again it was just conversation
Ok, my bad. I was confused by your wording and thought you meant an AWD BRZ. I see what you're getting at, and that would certainly be interesting.

Look, don't take any of my comments personally, I'm just tired of hearing rumors passed off as facts, and I'm frustrated with the huge ball of confusion surrounding this car. At this point, I just want to see what Subaru has in store, and I really am looking forward to it.

#24 ·
Not taking it personally

I did not say it was definitely not BRZ related. since when has the US every received a Spec C or a type R, or S206. No we get a subaru with orange paint, orange stitching and decal on the side, that's our special edition lol

2014 Subaru BRZ STI - Top Speed

One downside to the BRZ STI is that there will be no turbocharged version offered. Subaru says there is no space for it in the engine bay and they are reserving these version for models like the WRX STI.

glad your just as passionate about your car as I am.

I get what your saying that there are lots of info flowing around, But there are some people who have fun trying to analyze what could this performance concept could be. You might not like an artists vision of what the next WRX STI could look like, you dont have to look at them but some people just like it. Exercise our imagination

#25 ·
Not taking it personally

I did not say it was definitely not BRZ related. since when has the US every received a Spec C or a type R, or S206. No we get a subaru with orange paint, orange stitching and decal on the side, that's our special edition lol
I'm with you there. Compared to the Subaru stuff I see here in Japan, they don't share anything good with the US, lol.

That said, the S206 is a $70k car in Japan. Even if it was available to me, that would be tough price to swallow. I would gladly pick up the Legacy wagon tS though. 282bhp, 6-speed manual, full STI suspension, a swath of bespoke interior parts, and the same weight as my bugeye: STI - COMPLETE CARS

#26 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure the new WRX will look exactly like this. It was on Google.

I wish I had started an archive about 10 years ago, of everyone's "sure thing" info about the next WRX/STI/whatever. It would make for some really entertaining reading.

I'm passionate about my family, about hobbies in varying degrees as time goes on, and of course, about Trainrex. I don't know if I'd say that I'm passionate about needing to know what the next model Subaru is, any more. They'll unveil something, everyone will go "WOW!", and then 2 years later it will just be another old Subaru. :)

#27 ·
Almost all the new cars & concepts have been leaked to the press. There are pics & drawings all over the internet. But no one knows what the Subaru sport concept is & what it will look like. Talk about secrecy.

This was leaked yesterday

#29 ·
That new Caddy sure is handsome!

Friday can't come soon enough lol. As I said before at least it will give us something real to talk about. Whether that be BRZ or WRX/STi news. That is giving a lot of confidence that Subaru actually shows off a cool concept this time!

#32 ·
Oh look another leaked concept that will never look like that ever. Imagine that.

#39 ·
Well I'm glad that after so much secrecy, Subaru finally leaked details and pics of the next wrx to their trusted news source, French website Blog Automobile, just as they have so many times before...

It must be true, cause as autoblog said, the pictures look really pretty and have detail, and there are specific specifications noted, like that it is going to have 275-300 hp! That could ONLY have come from Subaru! Oh, and probably an electric turbo!

#38 ·
Its funny how that works isn't it? So they are gonna gun it where ever they are...and in essence negate the fact that they have a hybrid car by stomping on the gas, and using the gas engine more. Seems legit.

#43 ·
While no official word has yet been written or uttered from Subaru, a French website called Blog Automobile has released a gallery of images that would seem to spill the beans about the WRX Concept.

If the leaked images are correct – and they look awfully complete and well done if they're not – WRX styling is taking a turn for the handsome. The sleek sedan in these images has all of the cues that we've come to expect from our rally-ready Imprezas: a dominating hood scoop and very wide stance with beefy wheels, and seems to miss only the rear wing to fit the perfect WRX stereotype. (And, yes, it should have gold wheels.)

There's no press release to be found, but the source is citing specifications as if it knows what it's talking about. We're told that 275 to 300 horsepower are the likely output of the turbocharged boxer four-cylinder engine, and that brakes with ventilated discs and six-piston calipers are there to haul the all-wheel-drive Scooby down from speed. If our earlier reporting is correct, we might expect to find an electric turbo under that imposing hood, too.
I remain skeptical.

#51 ·
Me too. Six piston calipers aren't cheap, and I'm not even sure they're even needed for the WRX. I'd imagine those would just be typical show car flare, and not something that would see production, at least not without adding $$$$ to the cost, which would be a bummer.

No denying it's a cool-looking set of pictures, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.