The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 30

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was told orders open August 1st for the 14 WRX....

I was told orders open August 1st for the 14 WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    There was a thread posted recently where someone ordered a 14 STI already. So that doesn't sound too far off. They probably closed 13 ordering already so anything ordered now will be 14 regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    The Manual Transmission alone is almost endangered technology.

With that said, I feel honored to have first learned how to drive a vehicle on a Manual Transmission.
    I agree. I wonder if Car and Driver actually sells those "save the manuals" button pins that they show in their articles haha.

I'm glad that Subaru stopped offering the U.S. WRX in automatic. Hell, Subie is really the only main-stream manufacturer that still offers all their cars in stick shift. The only exception is the Tribeca, which doesn't sell worth crap anyways.
    -Alex- 2012 WRX 5dr / World Rally Blue / Stage 3+Stig
    I sell Subarus in the Denver area!

Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    Not sure if it is different state to state, but I was just told by my sales manager that we can't order them until September. 2013's are still available for order, not sure when that closes but I would imagine late August.
    -Alex- 2012 WRX 5dr / World Rally Blue / Stage 3+Stig
    I sell Subarus in the Denver area!

I ordered my '13 Rex recently and it will come in 8/2. My only fear is I will get it, and then a week later Subaru will release the information on the 2014 and turns out its a sexier, lighter body style with a 4,437 hp turbocharged hybrid 4 cylinder that runs on regular gas and gets 40 mpg's with a 6 speed manual and an actual modern interior. Yup, with my luck that's how it will play out.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

----- for the same price. That would be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by aladeen View Post
    I agree. I wonder if Car and Driver actually sells those "save the manuals" button pins that they show in their articles haha.

I'm glad that Subaru stopped offering the U.S. WRX in automatic. Hell, Subie is really the only main-stream manufacturer that still offers all their cars in stick shift. The only exception is the Tribeca, which doesn't sell worth crap anyways.
    And isn't the Tribeca scheduled for discontinuation anyways? Also, I love that on a couple occasions, when asked about my car, I have been able to answer a question with "It only comes in manual." The answer both times was "Oh! Then it must perform really well!" Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    I ordered my '13 Rex recently and it will come in 8/2. My only fear is I will get it, and then a week later Subaru will release the information on the 2014 and turns out its a sexier, lighter body style with a 4,437 hp turbocharged hybrid 4 cylinder that runs on regular gas and gets 40 mpg's with a 6 speed manual and an actual modern interior. Yup, with my luck that's how it will play out.
    I read a Facebook post of a Twitter feed from someone named "OMGINSIDERINFO@SUBIEZ" that said that exact description for the 2014's. Seemed legit.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I had 2008 4EAT WRX. I loved it. It was easy to tune and I had way better launches on that thing that the people with the 5M that I knew. I had TONS of torque and no issues. It was an antique trans, but it was strong. Most other car companies have DSG-like transmissions available that are VERY strong performers and are often praised with super quick. Audi and VW for one. If Subie does NOT come out with a modern transmission and doesn't offer any kind of next gen WRX...well then...I'm not getting one and they lost a customer. They need to catch up with the other companies when it comes to interior technology, transmissions offered and their interior quality...still far behind in all 3. I love Subaru and root for them, but they need to meet the needs of 'the other half'.
    I'm VERY interested in the MKVII GTI & R coming out next year. Subaru needs to change my mind.
    Go ahead and chastise me...ridicule me...call me a non-purist...I don't care...my opinion is not alone...believe me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    And isn't the Tribeca scheduled for discontinuation anyways?
    I hope not. Since its first offering, the Tribeca has always been Subaru's most luxury-oriented vehicle. Even with the 1st gen fugly face, it offered memory seats, the same peppy H6 found in my car. rear seat DVD system, etc. It's also the only US-spec Subaru I'm aware of to offer third row seating. I seriously looked at getting one, but liked the lower-slung Legacy/Outback. My Outback has about 85% of the interior gizmos and refined quality, in a 100% more attractive exterior package.

With the 2010 facelift, the Tribeca looks much better. Better than the current Outback, IMO. If I needed a vehicle that seated 7 (-ish), it would be high on my list.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I had 2008 4EAT WRX. I loved it. It was easy to tune and I had way better launches on that thing that the people with the 5M that I knew. I had TONS of torque and no issues. It was an antique trans, but it was strong. Most other car companies have DSG-like transmissions available that are VERY strong performers and are often praised with super quick. Audi and VW for one. If Subie does NOT come out with a modern transmission and doesn't offer any kind of next gen WRX...well then...I'm not getting one and they lost a customer. They need to catch up with the other companies when it comes to interior technology, transmissions offered and their interior quality...still far behind in all 3. I love Subaru and root for them, but they need to meet the needs of 'the other half'.
    I'm VERY interested in the MKVII GTI & R coming out next year. Subaru needs to change my mind.
    Go ahead and chastise me...ridicule me...call me a non-purist...I don't care...my opinion is not alone...believe me.

While I agree that Subaru needs to revise their WRX/STI transmission (make a better manual, and offer an automatic like Japan has had forever), I can grant them some grace on the interior arguement. Yeah, it's pretty crappy, but it's based on an economy car platform, and Subaru has to cut corners somewhere to offer a turbocharged AWD platform at the $25k price-point. Look at the competition: The EVO offers a comparable (or worse) interior, but more sophisticated drivetrain for $10k more. The Mazdaspeed 3 has a FAR nicer interior, but is FWD only. The Focus ST and GOLF GTI are the same way.

Really, Subaru doesn't have much competition for turbo'd AWD cars in this price range.

Low-price, Luxury, Performance. Choose two.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It was easy to tune
    According to whom?

The 2008 WRX had the same emissions-oriented CANbus ECU code that makes the modern WRXs harder to tune per my understanding.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    According to whom?

The 2008 WRX had the same emissions-oriented CANbus ECU code that makes the modern WRXs harder to tune per my understanding.
    According to me and my tuner. I had no issues. A simple CAI and exhaust and I had 290WTQ and ZERO turbo lag and instant acceleration. This is MY experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Emphatic poster is emphatic.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    According to me and my tuner. I had no issues. A simple CAI and exhaust and I had 290WTQ and ZERO turbo lag and instant acceleration. This is MY experience.
    This makes no sense.

Easy in relation to what? There's no reference here!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    This makes no sense.

Easy in relation to what? There's no reference here!
    Why do you need a relation? Easy...as in opposite of difficult. I made a simple statement...I enjoyed my 4EAT and was able to get tons of performance out of it making it no longer 'boring'. I avoid manuals due to frequent heavy traffic and Midwest harsh winters.
    So like I said...give me a modern automatic that I can tune and I'll return to Subaru.