The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 24

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Ingo You're not referring to the intercooler, are you?! Why yes, I am. In fairness, I don't ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    You're not referring to the intercooler, are you?!
    Why yes, I am.
    In fairness, I don't think our local dealer had seen a lot of turbocharged cars up to that point, in early 2002. Still, if I were a salesman for that kind of car, I think I would have taken myself through "Engine Parts 101" by that time, if I was going to have credibility with all of the nerdy folks that by WRX's.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Really?! That fairness is misplaced. Saab and many others already had turbos with intercoolers. In fact for a while that was the rage, turbo vs. turbo w/intercooler. I worked on (large) diesel generators in the early 80's and they had that. Those intercoolers are more like "industrial", but it's that technology. And as you said, as a salesperson you would have to show a degree of familiarity with the product you're selling.
    But that's sort of the point here, salesmen sell just for the hell of it, they'd sell insurances or graveyard plots just as well, just as long as they don't have to actually do any work... ( with some exceptions, as everywhere)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Well...there's salesmen, and then there are people we call salesmen that actually do a lot more. Probably unfair to brush with too broad a stroke. Business development folks are considered "salesmen" within many companies, but the guys I know in that position work really hard. (and make good money)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

*BREAKING NEWS*

Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)*1 today announced the release of the Subaru "WRX STI tS TYPE RA" which goes on sale on July 2 through Subaru dealerships in Japan.

With a focus on suspension tuning, the exclusively-made items for this special performance edition have also been adopted for its exterior and interior designs based on the 4-door WRX STI spec C. To further enhance the "strength and nimbleness" driving committed by STI, its advanced driving performance such as sharper handling response has been pursued.
    A quick steering gearbox (steering gear ratio 11:1), "Brembo" front monoblock opposed 6-pot brake calipers and grooved disc rotors have been employed to achieve driving performance as the "TYPE RA" model focusing on a record-breaking lap time in motorsports. By the tuning of chassis and body performance combined with STI's unique flexible parts, basic vehicle attributes such as "running", "turning" and "stopping" have been balanced at a high level, providing a driver with sheer handling pleasure.
    The "Tangerine Orange Pearl" exterior color available for a limited time has been adopted along with the exclusively-made exterior parts such as a "tS" ornament. The body color makes a contrast with the black colored door mirror cover, side garnish and aluminum wheel. Together they create a sharp image appropriate for a high performance model.
    In addition, "NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE" model which evokes the Nürburgring 24-Hour Race is released. It features special equipments such as a STI designed dry carbon rear spoiler, "BBS" designed 18-inch forged aluminum wheels and "Recaro" designed front bucket seat*2 with Alcantara®*3.
    *1: Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI), a wholly owned subsidiary of FHI, is based in Mitaka city in Tokyo.
    The company manages motorsport activities of Subaru. The company's president is Hiroyuki Karamatsu.
    *2: Manufacturer's option
    *3: Alcantara® is the registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A.

Subaru WRX tS TYPE RA NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE
    <Major equipment of Subaru WRX STI tS TYPE RA>
    -Mechanism-
    STI tuned upside down strut and STI coil springs for front suspension
    STI tuned damper and STI coil springs for rear suspension
    STI designed lateral link with pillow ball bush (front inside, rear inside) Brembo front monoblock opposed 6-pot brake caliper (gold with STI logo) Brembo front 18-inch 2 piece type grooved disc rotor
    Brembo rear opposed 2-pot brake caliper (gold with STI logo) Brembo rear 17-inch grooved disc rotor
    Exclusively-tuned Potenza RE070 245/40R18 tires
    STI designed 18-inch x 8 1/2J aluminum wheels (black) STI designed flexible tower bar, front
    STI designed flexible draw stiffener, front & rear
    STI designed support, front kit
    STI designed flexible support, rear
    Exclusively-made quick steering gearbox (steering gear ratio 11:1)
    -Exterior-
    STI designed front under spoiler
    Exclusively-made "tS" ornament (front & rear), "TYPE RA" ornament (rear) and "STI" ornament (rear) STI designed side garnish with STI logo (black)
    Black colored electric folding door mirror with LED side turn signal lamp
    -Interior-
    Exclusively-made leather lapped steering wheel with red stitch
    STI designed leather shift knob with "STI" logo Front bucket seat with STI logo and red stitch Exclusively-made side sill plate with "tS" logo (front) STI designed leather key ring (red)
    -Equipment for NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE-
    STI designed dry carbon rear spoiler (2 angle adjustable)
    BBS designed 18-inch x 8 1/2J forged aluminum wheels (black) Exclusively-made Nürburgring Challenge sticker (side)
    Recaro designed front bucket seat with STI logo and red stitch (Alcantara® / Leather, Manufacturer's option)
    <Marketing>
    Maximum 300 units (must be pre-ordered by December 23, 2013) [Including maximum 200 units of NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE]

Source: STI Releases SUBARU WRX STI tS TYPE RA in Japan | House of Japan - Japan News Technology Autos Culture Life Style
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX1.jpg   WRX2.jpg  
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 07-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like those wheels!!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I like those wheels!!
    +1, wonder what that steering change is like too.

Mmm, fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Well...there's salesmen, and then there are people we call salesmen that actually do a lot more. Probably unfair to brush with too broad a stroke. Business development folks are considered "salesmen" within many companies, but the guys I know in that position work really hard. (and make good money)
    FWIW: In a past life: I sold Dodge, Chrysler, JEEP, Toyota, and Scion...I was NOT allowed on the showroom floor to sell these brands till I knew each model inside and out, exterior, interior, motor, suspension, tires, features and options...and then...only after I passed muster with the General Sales Manager and Shop Foreman that I knew all those details...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Time to get back on track. Looks like a test mule was spotted, but I'm not sure if this a Crosstrek or not, it's really tough to tell due to the wide-angle. Found on Reddit.

I honestly wouldn't say that's a Crosstrek...Grill and sideview mirrors are different. But again, who knows.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't say that's a Crosstrek...Grill and sideview mirrors are different. But again, who knows.
    Good call on the mirrors, didn't realize the Crosstrek didn't have embedded indicators. The more I look at other spy shots, the more I'm convinced it's a Rex...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Why does that picture have to suck so much? They could have taken a pic of the whole car.

Edit: the previous pic not yours Brendan. (Too many post being misunderstood today around here)
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Why does that picture have to suck so much? They could have taken a pic of the whole car.

Edit: the previous pic not yours Brendan. (Too many post being misunderstood today around here)
    Seriously. It looks like it was done with a fish-eye lense or something. The only way they could have made it worse would be to slap some hipsta-gram or what it is filters all over it.

That's a challenge, by the way.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    So yeah, this thread is awesome!

What I don't get is why Subaru insists on adding acronyms to their naming scheme. Subaru Impreza WRX STI tS Type-RA....I mean really? That's pushing it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!