The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 19

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YFD_322 If this is the 14 I dont like it. 2014 Subaru WRX Door bumpers! I've missed ...

Quote Originally Posted by YFD_322 View Post
    If this is the 14 I dont like it.

2014 Subaru WRX
    Door bumpers! I've missed those. Could park closer to the door in parking lots now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The prototype running around Nurburgring is pretty close to the NY Auto Show prototype. The cameo does hide the lines pretty good.

From Motor Authority:

The reveal of the WRX concept car at the recent 2013 New York Auto Show showed a great deal of promise, though the overall design appears to have been neutered somewhat for the production model.

Key elements borrowed from the concept include vertical fender vents, crescent-shaped tail-lamps and an aggressive rear diffuser. The tall rear wing was previously thought to signify the more extreme STI variant, though our latest intel tells us this is a prototype for the regular WRX.

The new WRX, which should be revealed later this year as a 2014 model, is expected to be powered by a 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder engine, although it’s unclear if a regular turbocharger will be used to boost power or more sophisticated means (such as an electrically-driven charger).

The engine will be closely related to the unit in the BRZ, but will come with Subaru’s own direct-injection system. The regular BRZ engine borrows a direct-injection system from Toyota.

Dropping down to a smaller 2.0-liter displacement from the current model’s 2.5 liters is advantageous for certain motorsport classes as well as being more fuel efficient. Power levels, however, won’t deviate much from current levels, though the performance of the car will be improved thanks to a lighter curb weight.

This means the 2014 Subaru WRX should output around 265 horsepower while its eventual WRX STI variant should deliver as much as 305 horsepower. A symmetrical all-wheel-drive system will remain standard, as should the choice of sedan and hatchback bodystyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    The prototype running around Nurburgring is pretty close to the NY Auto Show prototype. The cameo does hide the lines pretty good.

From Motor Authority:

The reveal of the WRX concept car at the recent 2013 New York Auto Show showed a great deal of promise, though the overall design appears to have been neutered somewhat for the production model.

Key elements borrowed from the concept include vertical fender vents, crescent-shaped tail-lamps and an aggressive rear diffuser. The tall rear wing was previously thought to signify the more extreme STI variant, though our latest intel tells us this is a prototype for the regular WRX.

The new WRX, which should be revealed later this year as a 2014 model, is expected to be powered by a 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder engine, although it’s unclear if a regular turbocharger will be used to boost power or more sophisticated means (such as an electrically-driven charger).

The engine will be closely related to the unit in the BRZ, but will come with Subaru’s own direct-injection system. The regular BRZ engine borrows a direct-injection system from Toyota.

Dropping down to a smaller 2.0-liter displacement from the current model’s 2.5 liters is advantageous for certain motorsport classes as well as being more fuel efficient. Power levels, however, won’t deviate much from current levels, though the performance of the car will be improved thanks to a lighter curb weight.

This means the 2014 Subaru WRX should output around 265 horsepower while its eventual WRX STI variant should deliver as much as 305 horsepower. A symmetrical all-wheel-drive system will remain standard, as should the choice of sedan and hatchback bodystyles.
    Disagree with the mule being close to the concept. The headlights look a bit similar, in that they are more rectangular, but do look different nonetheless. The grill, front air dam, and hood look different. The fenders are not nearly as flared. The trunk deck is significantly shorter, while the front and rear overhangs are much longer than the concept. The back end in general is just much less rounded off than the concept.

Looking closely to compare, I can see that there are styling cues that are present in both, but I think that they are some of the same design cues that are present in the current gen cars, and that the mule is closer to those than it is to the concept car. I also enjoy the article that you quoted making the brilliant deduction of power output numbers by...stating the current output.

Ah well, we shall see when the camo comes off, but from what I can tell, it just doesn't look as rounded off and exciting as the concept. That's to be expected, unfortunately.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

mhx
    found a new spy video for the new wrx sti

^^ sweet evo bruh
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    That camouflage makes it utterly unrecognizable.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

We need a photo shop expert to color it for us to see what it really looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    We need a photo shop expert to color it for us to see what it really looks like.
    only problem is that they cover and change angles so much that changing the color would still not be that close. At first I thought the tails were like the concept, but it looks like they are just covered well
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    ^^ sweet evo bruh
    That's what I thought.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

For everyone that is hoping this car will be released as a 2014 model will be sadly disappointed. It will be release as a 2015 model so it won’t be out for another 14-16 months (WRX will be released first then the STI 6 months later, this is my guess). Also the 2014 model will be exactly the same as the current models.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F15HTNK View Post
    For everyone that is hoping this car will be released as a 2014 model will be sadly disappointed. It will be release as a 2015 model so it won’t be out for another 14-16 months (WRX will be released first then the STI 6 months later, this is my guess). Also the 2014 model will be exactly the same as the current models.
    Got a source for that info?
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

For all those who held out in 2013 for a new 2014 model I feel for you. I too struggle whether to wait or go ahead and buy a 2013 model. Having purchased a 2013 I have no reservations about my decision and been enjoying every mile. My first desire was a more powerful BRZ and that too may come about in the future, but I can't sit around waiting for the next best thing. Will spend many, many happy motoring miles in my 2013 WRX and when the next great thing does come out I can decide then if a change is really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Got a source for that info?
    I'll second that request.
    - Will

^that

and if the 2014 is the same looking as the widebody gen thats disappointing. too many years that all look the same.. love how the new widebodies look, but not for 4+ years in a row..
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    ^that

and if the 2014 is the same looking as the widebody gen thats disappointing. too many years that all look the same.. love how the new widebodies look, but not for 4+ years in a row..
    Even more disappointing to me is the failure to upgrade the drivetrain. They have the engine, it's sitting in the Forester XT for goodness sakes.
    - Will