The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 15

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Carbon fiber roof though....damb...

Carbon fiber roof though....damb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

According to the latest issue of "Automobile" magazine, it is unlikely that the new WRX/STI will be offered in a hatchback design!!!!! If that turns out to be accurate then I will be forced to change my plans to purchase my third WRX hatchback...pretty sad if Subaru turns their back on loyal WRX enthusiasts who need extra room. Gotta move my band and sports stuff too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Even if that is true, they have done it before. Personally I think Subaru's current line-up would be just fine if they did it again. After all the Fozzy XT is a thing.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I still personally don't believe a goddamn thing anyone/anything/anymagazine says, until Subaru themselves openly say it in a full press release.

Not even their "lead engineers" or "project leads" say legitimate information about speculation.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I still personally don't believe a goddamn thing anyone/anything/anymagazine says, until Subaru themselves openly say it in a full press release.

Not even their "lead engineers" or "project leads" say legitimate information about speculation.

Also this.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Just seems so pointless to me, to get excited or disappointed by a car for which we won't even see a production model of for several more months, or even a year.

The only thing we know for definite about the next gen. WRX is that it will run on aviation fuel.

If Subaru didn't have a WRX hatch every year since 2002, I must have missed it! To compare a Forester to a WRX hatch (especially the latest Forester to the next WRX) at many levels makes no sense....purpose of design and function, weight and height, availability of mods, etc. I am hoping you were only joking.

Mikie13, You are right about the magazines, but the fact that so many foreign manufacturers claim Americans don't want hatches enough to make specialty cars (like the WRX) profitable, does lead me to believe that "Automobile" might be right.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    If Subaru didn't have a WRX hatch every year since 2002, I must have missed it! To compare a Forester to a WRX hatch (especially the latest Forester to the next WRX) at many levels makes no sense....purpose of design and function, weight and height, availability of mods, etc. I am hoping you were only joking.
    You're right. I got confused for a moment. Subaru dropped the STI sedan from 2008-2010. I got that mixed up.

However, no, I wasn't joking about the XT. I also wasn't comparing the two. If you want "utility" and the room to hold stuff then a WRX hatch shouldn't be your first choice. Yes it is capable of doing that to an extent but, that isn't it's main focus.

I am of the opinion that Subaru wants the WRX line to be more about performance. They are taking what they learned in part from the BRZ and applying it here. The "utility" of the line was always a good add-on because Subaru's are supposed to be that way. At least that is how the brand image was before the BRZ. So if they take away the WRX hatch to better the performance aspect of the line I'm all for it. Plus, can you imagine that concept car as a hatchback? It would look ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I think they could work with it. The exaggerated wide fenders could, if done right or course, really set the car off. The headlights may be a bit much on a hatch though. Still...it would be cool to see rendered.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I still personally don't believe a goddamn thing anyone/anything/anymagazine says, until Subaru themselves openly say it in a full press release. Not even their "lead engineers" or "project leads" say legitimate information about speculation.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Just seems so pointless to me, to get excited or disappointed by a car for which we won't even see a production model of for several more months, or even a year.
    And this.

I do kinda like where the rendering above tries to go...it's a 4-door BRZ to my eye.
    That said, Subaru is not known for delivering fantastic-looking cars to the USDM for under $30K. There's a designer there named Dr. Bland that gets a hold of it, and what we get, in stock form, becomes either a little weird-looking (Impreza's 2002-2007), or a little bland. (2008+, by bland I mean it can be easily confused with any number of other cars out there, from a distance)

Just my opinion.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    There's a designer there named Dr. Bland that gets a hold of it, and what we get, in stock form, becomes either a little weird-looking (Impreza's 2002-2007), or a little bland. (2008+, by bland I mean it can be easily confused with any number of other cars out there, from a distance)

Just my opinion.
    Totally agree.

Subaru, please. All I want is a modern-day version of this. Is it really too much to ask?

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    What he said!

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	113387

Here's a super quick sketch I did up while in French class today of what a hatch version of the concept could look like. Not very good, I know, but it was an idea I had running through my head so I tossed it down on a spare piece of computer paper. Gives you an idea at least.

EDIT: Apologies for making all of you turn your heads in order to view the picture right side up. I am not liable for any neck injuries that may result of this rotating action, as I attribute them all to the victim having too large of a head, and in turn, too large of a brain.
    Last edited by Subaru-Mopar-Luv; 04-15-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Liabilities...
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I like it. It's easier to picture what the hatch could look like.

I Support ClubWRX
    I doctored it and rehosted, for you.

--Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon