The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 14

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love my BRZ but I can't wait to trade it in for the WRX...

I love my BRZ but I can't wait to trade it in for the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
    I love my BRZ but I can't wait to trade it in for the WRX
    What does the WRX bring to the table for you? Are you after more power, or do you simply like the looks?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

the concept already looks like the brz too...just a sedan instead

The WRX wouldn't be the only car I consider. I do want to take a look at the new Audi A3 when that comes out next year too.

My taste in cars is changing. Yes, power is one issue, but not the main issue because I was about the order the Vortech SC for the BRZ last night but wanted to sleep on it.

So back to my taste in cars. I do get bored quickly with cars. However, the very spartan interior on the BRZ is starting to wear on me. At the beginning it didn't matter, all that mattered was how fun the car is and I would quickly forget the lack of power, the low-quality interior, and dreaded torque dip. This car is a blast in the rain or snow but on dry pavement I want more power.

I miss some of the creature comforts from previous cars. The longer I own the BRZ the more I feel like it is a good second car to own or a track toy. If I put a turbo or supercharger in it it would be fun for awhile but I would still want something at least a little nicer on the inside. I have better sound quality on my MacBook Pro compared to the BRZ audio system. For such a new car there are some rattles and squeaks. I understand the idea is to make an inexpensive , lightweight, RWD car that handles like nothing I've ever driven before and that there will be shortcuts taken to keep the price/weight low, but now I'm finding those shortcuts make this car a good weekend/AutoX car and I can't afford to keep this, modify, and get a new car with more amenities while also being fun.

I know people don't buy Subaru for the interior quality, but man, anything is a step up over this.

Who knows, maybe the next gen BRZ will address these issues. I'm just keeping my eyes/ears open for now.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    What does the WRX bring to the table for you? Are you after more power, or do you simply like the looks?
    Last edited by ngabdala; 04-09-2013 at 10:16 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting feedback...I'm very interested in the BRZ, but haven't spent time inside one, yet. Honestly though, I'm coming from a 2002 WRX, so interior will feel like an upgrade for me.

At any rate, I'm leaning towards keeping the WRX when I get something else. If I get a need for more interior space or power, it'll be there in the driveway.

Sound quality is easy enough to fix, if I decided to. I've owned a lot of cars, but even my G35's sound system failed to satisfy.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yeah man I just got back from a very spirited drive. Actually, it was insane the speeds I was taking corners. It was such a fun ride, I just wanted more adrenaline which I could have got from some boost. I really want to drop the $4k on a Vortech Supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Interesting feedback...I'm very interested in the BRZ, but haven't spent time inside one, yet. Honestly though, I'm coming from a 2002 WRX, so interior will feel like an upgrade for me.

At any rate, I'm leaning towards keeping the WRX when I get something else. If I get a need for more interior space or power, it'll be there in the driveway.

Sound quality is easy enough to fix, if I decided to. I've owned a lot of cars, but even my G35's sound system failed to satisfy.

Just a heads up for those waiting on ordering the new WRX, FWIW: my Subaru Sales Rep told me that the 2014 WRX while be a carry over of the 2013 WRX model with no changes. Maybe around mid-year 2014, the new WRX will come out as 2015 model...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Yes the next gen wrx will not be until 2015...or released as a 2015 model so we wont see it until next year at some point

I love the new style, it's a welcome departure from Subaru's lost soul and the design language is really consistent from front to back. This is finally one that I would buy in a heartbeat. It's too bad I gave up my 06 and recently picked up a Chevy Sonic LT turbo. Ah, to only have more money.

Here's a recent clip you guys will enjoy with Subaru's design cheif, Osamu Namba, who explains the main styling characteristics of the WRX Concept at the carmaker’s New York Auto Show booth.

[SUBARU] Report about the SUBARU WRX CONCEPT: 2013 New York International Auto Show - YouTube
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

Hey guys check this out! Gt-Spirit claims the WRX Concept could have around 275hp-300hp and the STI version would have around 350hp-400hp. I dont know if that is true or who the source is other then the website. However those are the only horsepower specs I've heard thus far since the revealing of the WRX concept.

Check it out here:------- Render: Subaru Impreza WRX STi Concept by X-Tomi Design

Subaru used the New York Auto Show 2013 to showcase the Subaru WRX Concept; we then argued out that this could be Subaru’s way of trying to gauge reaction to a dedicated WRX model range. In that regard, virtual tuner X-Tomi Design has decided to render a Subaru Impreza WRX STi based on the WRX Concept, notice the difference, Subaru omitted the “Impreza” name in the new concept, X-Tomi has incorporated both the “Impreza” and “STi” badges.

Having in mind that Subaru may be on the verge of creating an independent range of WRX models, one thing for sure is that the Subaru Technical Institute would soon premiere their very own tuned version of the WRX Concept to wear the STi badge.

X-Tomi’s render isn’t much different from the original concept; he has added a rear wing and his headlights differ a little bit not to mention a diffuser, conventional door handles and mirrors.
    As for the Subaru WRX Concept, it will receive a turbocharged boxer 4-cylinder engine good for 275-300 hp, the STi model would get higher that with a good 350-400+ hp.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx2.jpg   wrx1.jpg  
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 04-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I can't say I'm a fan of the rear wing...just looks plain silly to me. If it's going to be a big STi rally wing, don't make it disproportionately small. Also, I don't mind the headlights, but it would really be cool to see if they could keep more of the original design. They have a lot of restrictions to get around in the States though. Maybe they'll be the new JDM headlights that everyone wants?
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

i like the idea of the original headlights. ya they wont keep them...then without the led accents theyre going to look too much like a tc thoiugh.
    but ya...the wing is some old school sti version. very plain. i like the current gens wing and id like them to keep something around those lines

I Support ClubWRX

Not going to comment on the power rumors but, I will say this render makes me think it's the Hawkeye 2.0 and I kind of like it!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Love how they render it with old school goldie BBS's on it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I like their intrepretation of production-model headlights. Those look entirely appear entirely plausible for a released car.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson